“Fantastic service”

Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Carrbridge
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An authentic highland inn, offering a rustic friendly ambiance to provide a genuine taste of highland hospitality. Our food is wholesome homemade cuisine using the best local, seasonal ingredients to create a gastro-pub style menu coupled with a relaxed and friendly standard of service.
Singapore
“Fantastic service”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Lovely quaint pub that serves up wonderful food. Service is excellent- my husband had a very bad tummy ache and we had to cancel our mains... The boss of the pub actually refused to take our money for the starters we had as he felt sorry for us! We insisted on paying anyway and he only took a few pounds off us which was far less than what we ate!

We went back the next day when my hubby's rummy was better. Food was fantastic. I loved the pigeon!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank whataboutkate

Perth, Australia
“Nice pub meal!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had a very nice pub meal for dinner here. I ordered the haggis lasagne which i was very excited about, but unfortunately it was all finished, i had the pulled pork quesadilla instead and my husband had the steak and ale pie, both were delicious with huge portion sizes. It is a nice pub too with good whisky, wine and beers on tap. Seemed quite busy on a saturday night so booking could be advised.

Visited June 2014
Inverness
“Revised Opinion”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've said before how much I like this pub, especially for it range of beers and friendly bar staff. We went in yesterday for some food. We didn't expect much and we arrived 5pm on our way back to Inverness, so weren't altogether surprised when we were told there'd be no food until 5:30 but that "someone" would come over to take our order. I had a pint of the excellent Kowabunga from Cromarty Breweries (highlight of the visit, shame about the name!) At 5:45 I went and got menus and my wife and I chose and eventually flagged down a lad who was waiting: pleasant young chap. The food took a long time to arrive - the menu warned it might and added that all food was cooked to order - I had Haggis Lasagne (I know!) and my wife had the "Special" chicken tikka masala, which she said was tender. The Lasagne was very, very hot (microwave?) and pretty tasteless, to be honest. Altogether an underwhelming experience: shame as the beer is good!

• Visited July 2014
Montrose, United Kingdom
“Overall good but not flawless ”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch and are glad we did. The service could improve though. We said we'd sit outside and we were told that someone would come and take our order. After waiting some time a member of staff did come out and we said we were ready to order but he informed us that we'd have to go to the bar to order. That's only a minor glitch however and the meal that was presented to us was completely faultless. I can heartily recommend the haggis lasagne!! We'd definitely go back.

Alnwick, United Kingdom
1,125 restaurant reviews
“Good food and welcoming atmosphere”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This traditional style pub/restaurant is very friendly and welcoming and has an extensive menu of 'pub food' with some interesting more unusual dishes including nachos, quesadillas, and a nice fish selection. Jacket potatoes are are excellent. The bar is well stocked and the menu is very fairly priced. We would definitely recommend this place as a great location for a meal.

• Visited June 2014