This was our second stay at the hotel. Both times we booked into the lodge and both times we were upgraded to the main hotel when we arrived (same room both times!). We thought it was great value for just under £50 for two people with no breakfast from laterooms.com. Yes the decor is a bit dated, but the room was enormous and lovely and cosy with antique dark wood furniture and a nice view over the fields. We didn't eat in the restaurant (wish we had now after hearing all the good comments) but we did have a drink in the lounge with the open fire blazing and it was really nice. A bit too sophisticated for 3 scruffy mountain bikers, but we didn't feel unwelcome. I would definitely go back and eat in the restaurant next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalrachney Lodge is an independent family run Country House Hotel in Carrbridge in the heart of the Scottish Highlands. We recognise how precious your relaxation and holiday time is away from home and we aim to provide a tranquil environment in which to enjoy our wonderful surroundings. Dalrachney Lodge a former Edwardian Hunting Lodge, is set in 3 acre grounds within the Cairngorms National Park and rests directly beside our own 1 km stretch of the Dulnain River. Our Bistro menu features locally sourced food and a good selection of whiskies. We have Egyptian cotton bed linen, Heirlooms towels and Floris toiletries in all rooms. Our Superior rooms have handmade Savoir Super King size beds. Having taken over just two years ago, a substantial renovation project is ongoing which has seen our Drawing Room and Bar/Bistro refurbished and completion of two new bedrooms with new en-suite bathrooms. In March 2015 a biomass boiler system was installed and another two new bathrooms have been completed. Investment in the Hotel is continuing with work starting on updating more bathrooms later in the year and a self-catering cottage will be available for rental in the Summer. We hope you will come and enjoy our Scottish hospitality and all the Cairngorms has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalrachney Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalrachney Hotel Aviemore
- Dalrachney Lodge Hotel Carrbridge, Scotland