Having found this excellent establishment last year, we were looking forward to our return visit this year during our 7-day stay at the Lochanhully Resort in Carrbridge. As expected, the hospitality was warm and welcoming, especially the big log fire in the sitting room where we had our pre-dinner drinks. The choice of menu was comprehensive and very reasonably priced and we all thoroughly enjoyed the various courses we had selected. It was beautifully cooked and the presentation was first class. There was, however, one BIG disappointment - the hotel was due to close for a week for some redecoration and our plans to eat there on several other occasions during the week were thwarted. We were so glad we managed our one meal there and look forward to many more enjoyable visits in future years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalrachney Lodge is an independent family run Country House Hotel in Carrbridge in the heart of the Scottish Highlands. We recognise how precious your relaxation and holiday time is away from home and we aim to provide a tranquil environment in which to enjoy our wonderful surroundings. Dalrachney Lodge a former Edwardian Hunting Lodge, is set in 3 acre grounds within the Cairngorms National Park and rests directly beside our own 1 km stretch of the Dulnain River. Our Bistro menu features locally sourced food and a good selection of whiskies. We have Egyptian cotton bed linen, Heirlooms towels and Floris toiletries in all rooms. Our Superior rooms have handmade Savoir Super King size beds. Having taken over just two years ago, a substantial renovation project is ongoing which has seen our Drawing Room and Bar/Bistro refurbished and completion of two new bedrooms with new en-suite bathrooms. In March 2015 a biomass boiler system was installed and another two new bathrooms have been completed. Investment in the Hotel is continuing with work starting on updating more bathrooms later in the year and a self-catering cottage will be available for rental in the Summer. We hope you will come and enjoy our Scottish hospitality and all the Cairngorms has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalrachney Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalrachney Hotel Aviemore
- Dalrachney Lodge Hotel Carrbridge, Scotland