This hotel has a relaxed tranquility that few hotels achieve. We stayed here as a family in June to explore the area. The room quality and service was first class. We had excellent meals in the hotel on both evenings, the Dalrachney Stack and Venison Casserole are both highly recommended. Also the house wine was of surprisingly high quality which was an added bonus. There was also a wide choice at breakfast and can recommend the full Scottish Breakfast or Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs. The lounge has been recently refurbished and is a lovely place for a pre-dinner drink whilst looking out across the large garden. The bar is well stocked and lovers of good Malt Whiskey will not be disappointed. The village is a short walk away and we would recommend the local gallery and the path along the river.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalrachney Lodge is an independent family run Country House Hotel in Carrbridge in the heart of the Scottish Highlands. We recognise how precious your relaxation and holiday time is away from home and we aim to provide a tranquil environment in which to enjoy our wonderful surroundings. Dalrachney Lodge a former Edwardian Hunting Lodge, is set in 3 acre grounds within the Cairngorms National Park and rests directly beside our own 1 km stretch of the Dulnain River. Our Bistro menu features locally sourced food and a good selection of whiskies. We have Egyptian cotton bed linen, Heirlooms towels and Floris toiletries in all rooms. Our Superior rooms have handmade Savoir Super King size beds. Having taken over just two years ago, a substantial renovation project is ongoing which has seen our Drawing Room and Bar/Bistro refurbished and completion of two new bedrooms with new en-suite bathrooms. In March 2015 a biomass boiler system was installed and another two new bathrooms have been completed. Investment in the Hotel is continuing with work starting on updating more bathrooms later in the year and a self-catering cottage will be available for rental in the Summer. We hope you will come and enjoy our Scottish hospitality and all the Cairngorms has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dalrachney Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalrachney Hotel Aviemore
- Dalrachney Lodge Hotel Carrbridge, Scotland