Dalrachney Lodge is a stunning Victorian Hunting Lodge in a lovely position beside the Dulnain River with a really charming ambience. I stayed with a friend in early December for a couple of nights. We were greeted with a warm and friendly welcome and shown to a lovely twin room. Our room had a stunning new Villeroy and Boch bathroom...... a big bath with a built in shower which was really powerful with plenty of hot water which was very much appreciated after a day packed with visiting the local attractions. A trip to the funicular railway in the Cairngorms and an afternoon in Loch Ness with lunch at the Dores Inn (see separate review).
On one evening we dined in the charming hotel bistro. There was a very good selection of food on the menu and I choose the Venison Casserole, which came with perfectly cooked seasonal veg. The casserole was absolutely delicious big chunks of really juicy venison I had the Chocolate Box for dessert and that was very good too. After our meal we took our drinks through to the cosy lounge and sat in the comfy sofa's next to the big roaring fire.......bliss!
The bed was very comfortable and after a very good night's sleep we had breakfast in the breakfast room which was very good and with plenty of choice. If you can, get a seat by the window and enjoy an excellent cup of coffee, look out across the stunning grounds and watch the wildlife go by.......................could have sat there all day!
Wish we could of stayed a bit longer perfect trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalrachney Lodge is an independent family run Country House Hotel in Carrbridge in the heart of the Scottish Highlands. We recognise how precious your relaxation and holiday time is away from home and we aim to provide a tranquil environment in which to enjoy our wonderful surroundings. Dalrachney Lodge a former Edwardian Hunting Lodge, is set in 2 acre grounds within the Cairngorms National Park and rests directly beside our own 1 km stretch of the Dulnain River. Our Bistro menu features locally sourced food and a good selection of whiskies. We have Egyptian cotton bed linen, Heirlooms towels and Floris toiletries in all rooms. Some Superior rooms have handmade Savoir Super King size beds. We hope you will come and enjoy our Scottish hospitality and all the Cairngorms has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dalrachney Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalrachney Hotel Aviemore
- Dalrachney Lodge Hotel Carrbridge, Scotland