“Fantastic time staying here for Christmas 23Dec to 27Dec 2013”
Review of Carrbridge Hotel

Carrbridge Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Carrbridge
Reviewed 29 December 2013

After a very warm and friendly welcome from the Hotel Manager Colin, we went to our rooms which were very clean and comfortable. There was a plate of fruit on the desk which was a very nice touch. The breakfast was very delicious with a large selection and variety of food. We were very impressed with the choice and variety of food for dinner and impressed with the menu. The staff are friendly, helpful and courteous. I would like to thank the staff for all their hard work and for making my stay very enjoyable indeed. This is our second stay at this Hotel and we look forward to our third visit!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank ZORAN68

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Had a terrible journey from Manchester to join a coach tour staying at the Carrbridge hotel. Immediately I walked in I was greated with a walm welcome and a porter who carried my bag to my room. I had requested a room with a walk in shower and this is what I got. Room nicely fitted out with all I needed and the extras - a bowl of fresh fruit and 2 chocolates. The room was clean and comfortable. Only downside the tv - it was very limited in channels due to their location. Food excellent and varied, only comment I could make is that the waiters/waitress cleared the plates quickly,. Stayed over Christmas. Christmas day the lunch was just right and in the evening a buffet was served. This is a family run hotel. I found all concerned in the working of the hotel very helpful. I will certainly be staying here when I go up to Scotland.

Room Tip: I had room 419
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank carol j
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend in August 2013. We had one of the newly renovated rooms which was lovely, clean and had all the modern amenities we could have wanted. We ate in the restaurant twice, both of which were divine, the first night we had steaks and they were cooked to perfection. Breakfast had a large variety however one tiny niggle, the black pudding had broken, but this didn't detract from the overall breakfast experience. Check-in was swift and the young receptionist, Alan, was cheerful informative, as were all the other staff. We visited Landmark and the hotel was kind enough to give us 25% off discount vouchers - a real bonus to our day. I read that people struggled to find their rooms, we managed to find ours without any problems.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emma L
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Weekend Break which fitted in fine to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary which was the previous Wednesday.

Exceptionally friendly, relaxing environment. All the Hotel staff were really good to us and our pet Border Collie. Also people we met while out walking were very friendly.

Our room was comfortable and nice and warm for December. We were impressed by the attention to small detail. i.e. chocolates on our pillows on arrival and a digital clock radio. Very handy if you wake up in the middle of the night.

Dinner menu had a good choice. Food was nicely presented. Portions were huge. Very enjoyable meals.

Breakfast menu was good and varied from Continental to Full Scottish Breakfast. Black Pudding was excellent.

We were also invited to the Rotary Club Race Night. A new experience for us. Very enjoyable evening. Thanks again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles60-50
Reviewed 2 December 2013

spent a couple of nights here with my sister and brother in law recently. we had a lovely couple of days, basic accommodation but great food and lovely staff. our visit was made even better by being asked to attend the rotary club race night. what a wonderful time we all had, cannot rate it highly enough !! thank you & see you next year!

Room Tip: upgraded rooms available in new extension.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dan55555
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed here 4 nights - part of Newmarket rail holiday - terrific place to stay - basic room but comfy and good food. Will always remember the stunning scenery nearby and further north to Fort William. I cannot speak too highly of this hotel. Even my wife liked it !

Room Tip: Stay on middle floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Having fond memories of spending a delightful skiing week here over 50 years ago when the hotel was vibrant and bustling we just popped in for a quick beer and a sandwich. And what a disappointment - the whole place felt old and tired, the bar was dingy, the furniture worn and what really summed it up was having to collect a pre-packed sandwich from the hall....but a snip at £1.29!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank douglasdrummond
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrbridge
The Boat Hotel
Fairwinds Hotel
Fairwinds Hotel
#2 of 3 in Carrbridge
Macdonald Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort

Been to Carrbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!