“Friendly customers and staff, good food excellent price”

The Old Plantation Yard
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Vieux Fort
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Description: The restaurant has a beautiful blend of history and culture as well as tasty local cuisine.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Friendly customers and staff, good food excellent price”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We sought out this restaurant after reading about it on Tripadvisor. This is not on the tourist run being located near the sea at the end of Commercial Road. As soon as we stepped in a customer asked us if she could help and explained the menu and order process. There is a daily menu and you order at the counter. You then sit in a shady courtyard and the food is brought to you by the friendly staff.
The courtyard is neat and well laid out with some of the flora and trees having name tags. The meal was nicely cooked and presented local fare. 3 main meals and 3 local beers came to EC$59, a real bargain
We visited later that afternoon for some cold drinks and again a customer asked if she could help us. Once again order and service was quick and friendly and sitting in that courtyard with cold beers really good!

• Visited April 2014

St. Lucia
“This restaurant is open and great food”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

First of all I have been going to do business in Vieux Fort for years and to be quite honest never really found a place I like to eat.
I quite by accident found this little gem of a restaurant that is also a museum displaying lots of various artifacts of time gone by.
The restaurant is half inside or an option of dining in the "yard", simple benching and tables surrounded by a selection of local trees all neatly labeled, bits of old time ago pots and fishing tattle,its been a long time since one gets the feel of local culture.
The very kind middle aged Lady who is the chef greets you with a smile and can not be more accommodating, I have to add I am a terrible picky eater,being vegetarian makes it worse of course as I only like fresh food and nothing in a can or bottle (hah apart from wine that is).

I did not want what was listed and requested something different straight away I was informed no problem just sit down and will bring you something, ten minutes later a delicious lunch came.

My Husband had the catch of the day fresh tasty with a proper Creole sauce, we both cleared our plates and could not believe it when the bill came, only 38 EC$ for 2 lunch with a bottle water and a beer....wow I have eaten in far superior in perhaps one would say standard you know white table cloths and believe me i love that as well.

So if you are looking for a little quite location and want some good food this is it, and do not b afraid to ask for what you want, I know for sure we will return next time in Vieux Fort

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Crystals-Soufriere
Castries, St. Lucia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Curried Crab”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Visited this place last year, with a group of friends, and although i am allergic to seafood, i took a chance and sampled the curried crab, but could not resist, i ended up eating three. Finger licking good, and the local food with local seasoning is delicious. The environment is great, reminds me of my hometown. I'd recommend this place to anyone; local or visitor alike who want a taste of real St Lucian cooking, the staff are very friendly.

• Visited October 2012
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
“Beautiful to see and friendly welcome”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Loved every minute, owners welcomed us and showed us round personally. Stunning place, will go back next year

Visited May 2013
“Foodies this is the go to place in vieux fort”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

When ever I want exceptional food this is where I go to foodies follow me and do the same

2 Thank Tcgaden
Kenna12, Manager at The Old Plantation Yard, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Thanks, we appreciate your review.