“A great resort for families and friendly staff.”

Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vieux Fort
“A great resort for families and friendly staff.”
Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Coconut Bay from April 21 to 28,2012. The staff were lovely from the moment we arrived; the nicest of any resort we have ever visited. We stayed in the Splash section with adjoining rooms as we have 3 kids. The rooms were immaculate and all rooms are oceanview. We found the food to be very good with lots of variety. No problems booking the a la carte restaurants. Lots of activities for kids, but they spent most if their time at the waterpark and lazy river. One of the other great things here is no wristbands are needed. The beach is not the best we have ever been to, but still nice. It is always windy as the resort is on the Atlantic side. Good amount of seaweed on the beach, but the resort grooms this twice daily. I would recommend some excursions as there is no town to walk to nearby. Take some Gravol with you if you have a tendency to be car sick as the roads are somewhat precarious and winding at times. I would not recommend the volcanic mud for kids as it is way too hot and it will stain your clothes. Zip lining was a blast ! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank kelle66
William104, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thank you for choosing Coconut Bay for your recent stay in St. Lucia. I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our Resort and the kids had fun at their tropical background – the Water Park and lazy river which is always a fun diversion for the young and young at heart.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Coconut Bay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,722)
tinidad and tobago
Reviewed 6 May 2012

the hotel was excellent. just from the entrance one could tell you are entering some exotic place.the greetings was fabulous, as my mom and i arrived at the reception desk we were given a class of champagne each. this was my first caribbean vacation and i have absolutely no regrets staying at cbay. the majority of staff i was in contact with were very friendly, warm and welcoming, it was being accepted into their family . the hotel's cleanliness is outstanding, so were the rooms and bathrooms and the entire grounds, even all the public rest rooms, there all restaurants in the hotel which makes it even easier and better for meals. it was an all inclusive package and had no regrets , it was well worth it, i believe i got my monies worth.
the food was array of all kinds, even for kids, which tasted very delicious, my only limitation was food since im vegetarian, but i managed really well. the manager said all i had to do was tell management before hand they can properly prepare, anyways that was minor and not a problem. there was not a single dull moment, the schedule is so well organised and full of activities throughout the entire day and night. 3 days wasn't enough to take in everything. In fact we didn't have to leave the hotel for anything, there is a botique stocked with nice souvenir items, a duty free jewellry shop, a night club and disco club, every night is live entertainment, there's karaoke , splash slide pools and the beach is right there, jill the waitress in the cbay dining area gave exceptional service and so many others names too many to mention and too much to remember. there are 3 restaurants and a snack bar open all they, the resort contacts taxi service when desired. the locals comes in twice a week and sets up stalls selling all local items possible. the bar is great and so are the bar tenders, the dj has a wide selection of music.Oh! make sure not to miss the managers party, every morning i believe there is orientation, we didn't know and missed it. there's horse back riding along the sea shore. the kids section cocoland is very good, kids a re well taken care of although i wasn't present but from the looks of it and telling from the treatment received throughout our stay i could say they'll be in good hands, at cocoland there are a lot of activities and play ground and water fountains for the kids to enjoy. the beach is only a few footsteps way from the hotel grounds. the spa is wel kept and very inviting. angelica the who massaged was excellent, i was totally relaxed. i highly recommend and i strongly advise do go for part massage like hands and feet go for full body because after you realise how good you feel you need it to be full. well that was in my case.when my mom and i asked the the taxi driver about going into vieux fort to shop he said, it wasn't really worth it but we thought we;ll check it out, that was a waste of timw that could of spent at the hotel doing something fun. there is also a photo section to take out memorable shots. like i said you dont have to eave the hotel for anything. in fact the botique even contains snacks, little pharmaceuticals and jewellry. so try it and enjoy.

Room Tip: not sure because we stayed a room on ground floor with the garden view it was nice. wasn't bothe...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Hockley Essex
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Stayed at Coconut Bay Resort and Spa from 15 Apr 2012 for 14 nights which encompassed a family holiday and my daughter’s wedding.
My daughter and her husband to be booked in to the adult Harmony side of the hotel whilst my wife, teenage daughter and I were on the family Splash side. Both of us had rooms on the fourth floor. These rooms provided a great view of the hotel’s extensive grounds together with sea views.
Travel from the airport is less than five minutes away which meant that you were able to relax and start your holiday with a refreshing cocktail whilst people staying at the other hotels were encountering long transfers.
During the first week we booked two trips, the full day land and sea tour which includes a buffet lunch by the Piton’s and a swim in the Caribbean Sea (remember to take you swim gear, towel and camera) and visits to the botanical gardens and the Toraille Waterfall, plus the full day shopping tour which gives you the opportunity to go tax free shopping (all purchases in US$) and includes a visit to the rum distillery. Do try the 80% proof rum but in moderation!
Food in the main self-service restaurant was good and catered for all tastes. The staff were always welcoming and ensured you were well catered for. Special thanks to Mary for cooking my omelettes every day and to Stephen – great roast meats and always friendly and chatty.
Outside of the restaurant times you can use the Bar & Grill – you can never go hungry. The food is cooked to order so you may have to wait but the burgers and wraps are good. If you can’t wait there were always four types of pizza available to help yourself.
Some evenings the food is served outside to coincide with the evening’s entertainment. Seating is well managed and like the main restaurant you are assigned a server who will look after your needs including all your drinks.
We booked the Silks restaurant for our meal on the eve of the wedding and the Calabash restaurant for the evening wedding meal. The food and service in both restaurants was very good and the house wine is surprisingly good. An enjoyable time was had by us all.
We found all the bar staff friendly and special thanks must go to Terry who was a great laugh. He told the Pool Bar staff that I looked like Bill Clinton so I was called ‘Bill’ by a number of the team (it did not get me an upgrade to the presidential suite!). Do try the local Piton beer and work your way through the numerous cocktails. The dirty banana was my favourite but anything with rum is great. Measures are better than many European resorts and it is the real thing so be warned!
During the second week we took part in a number of the daily activities. Not only do you get meet other people on holiday but you get to know the hard working entertainments team which includes Marcellus and Jason who were great fun.
Having undertaken the full day island tour and seen the location of some of the other hotels I can honestly say that I was glad we booked Coconut Bay. It has a good stretch of beach, the sea is warm to swim in and has a gentle slope unlike the West side of the island which can slope very fast. Don’t concern yourself with the sea grass, this is natural and the beach is cleaned many times a day.
The pools complex is the best on the island – you must try the black water slide, lazy river and Jacuzzi at the end of the day. There are plenty of sunbeds, hammocks and raised fixed beds to choose so no worries about having to get up early to put your towels out!
We had a great holiday and would recommend Coconut Bay. We definitely look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Paul H
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

The staff is wonderful at the resort and spa. Yvonne in the spa is wonderful, she is such a delight and did a wonderful job! I would highly recommend her to anyone! I would also suggest Olivia in the spa. Akon the bartender at the adult pool bar is also very good! He is enjoyable to be around!

• Stayed May 2012
10 Thank Mandyalemon
Thank you for your kind words! We are happy that your stay with us was a good one and that you were able to indulge and be pampered by our team at our oasis of tranquility – Kai Mer Spa, they have been commended as well as Akon at the bar.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We do hope to see you again soon.
Hughesville, Maryland
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This was my second time in St. Lucia but the first time staying on the Atlantic Ocean side of the island. The water was choppy and a lot of seaweed but great for windsurfing. In St. Lucia you can expect 80 degree days and 15-30 minutes of rain during the mid part of the day. The hotel staff is friendly but they could work on greeting the guests. We stayed in the harmony (adult only side) ground level room was perfect. Great time at the bars on the resorts. The resort night life for guest could use a makeover for the adults. However, we made our way over to the staff party and had a blasted... We also enjoy our excursions.. definitely take the private island tour. We are headed back to St. Lucia in July 2012 for "Carnival". If you go to St. Lucia definitely consider staying 7 days or more. Great opportunity to island hop and soak up the West Indies Islands.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank AJTaylor7074
Toronto
Reviewed 3 May 2012

For the most part, i enjoyed my stay at Coconut Bay; i'd recommend the resort for couples and families. I went with my boyfriend (and we were among the youngest there, generally families and couples around late 20s or 30s) and we had a great relaxing time on the Harmony side of Coconut Bay; i would go back again. The resort definitely has some renovation work to do, but they seem to be in the progress of doing such - i wouldn't expect a 4 star resort - but most importantly, it was clean.

Good:
- $250 resort credit was a great start - can be used on excursion/spa/gift shop
- food was generally good; the food (w the exception of breakfast) was changed up everyday, so there's a large variety
- the staff are very friendly and went out of their way to greet you
- there's a nice breeze at the resort which was very welcome in the heat (in fact, at night, i'd often get a little chilly wearing a sundress without a cardigan)

Bad:
- I have difficulties falling asleep, and there are these black birds that chirp throughout the night, so i slept with ear plugs the entire time
- the Silk and Capri a la cartes weren't great; i would have prefered to do the normal buffet
- the A/C in the room was a bit too cold for my liking (around 70 degrees F); the sheets also seemed damp (but i suppose it's hard when it's high 80s outside and low 70s inside)
- the ocean has a lot of seaweed and isn't as picturesque as some other places resorts on the West or North side of the island...
- the fridge in the room was neither plugged in nor serviced; the one good thing was that the bottle of water was replenished

Advice
- bring bug spray; i had 7 mosquito bites and my boyfriend had probably 7 on his feet alone - the outdoor dinners were probably the reason for this
- we went on two excursions and loved them: Discover St. Lucia (plenty of sight-seeing) and TreeTop ziplining
- slippers for the room (my feet were constantly cold and i hate having cold feet)
- bring your own shampoo if you're picky about shampoo; my hair never quite felt clean every day

Room Tip: We didn't have a great ocean view on the 3rd floor; it was good, not great. Not sure i'd pay...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank c23x
ny
Reviewed 3 May 2012

April 22-26, 2012, my husband and I stayed for our honeymoon in room 460 Harmony. Oh my gosh upon arrival they greet us with a cold wet rag soak in sea weed it feel so good on my hot steamy face which was accompany with champagne. They r very organize and tend to your every need. Our room was exactly our we vision it and the view from our balcony was breathtaking. There are three restaurants Capri Italian which sucks don't waste your time, silk Asia which is really good but service is extermely slooooowww, then there is calabash ceriole I went twice need I say more. Buffet was sooooo gooood every day. Excursions the tour around the entire island was worth every penny we did everything volcano, mud bath, waterfall, shopping, rum distiller shop, botanic garden, shopping Castries, beach also we did the zipline which i enjoy the mangos, food, your. Also, how could I forget my romantic dinner on the beach. Two thumbs up for this resort. The only thing bad about this resort was the seaweed that comes on shore which the resort try do hard to maintain but I didn't care I went in to the water plus enjoy the other beaches when I went on my tours.

• Stayed April 2012
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
The Landings St. Lucia
The Landings St. Lucia
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!