“AMAZING!!!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vieux Fort
New York, New York, United States
“AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Went there with my boyfriend on a 4 night stay. Lets start of with the bad, and the ONLY bad... Check-in was a bit of a tooth-pull, but asides from that, BLISS!! This is place is absolutely amazing!! It obviously is not one of the 'high class' resorts of Saint Lucia but definitely fully embodies the true culture and visual flavour of Saint Lucia more than the others. Five minutes from the airport, and the staff are absolutely amazing. They guys were up to catering to your every need. The bar guys were a total trip!! I loved their jokes and slight flirtatious ways. It was also a joy to hear/see them spontaneously break into local songs. The make the the greatest cocktails too... Tell them to make it STRONG always ;) You're on holiday!!!

The food was okay, but bountiful. We could never try the A La Carte restaurants, as we always missed our reservations. THis was because, we were always exhausted by the end of the day with the festivities. SO we just settled for the buffet, which was fine.

We stayed at the SPLASH side. THis was fine. I never tripped over any kids trying to get in or out of my room and definitely was not disturbed by any kiddie noise. The room however was basic and slightly dated. Don't expect the RITZ, but had that Caribbean feel and was clean.

The seaweed never bothered me as I was never interested in going into the sea. It seemed to violent. Plus we were spoilt by numerous pools to choose from within the resort.

Food and drink flood continuously. They have a grill which runs 24 hours (if I remember correctly) and the burger and wings are AWESOME!!! I am still working out everyday to undo all the eating damage I did to my body.

It might be cheaper than some of the other Saint Lucia resorts but you are guaranteed a good, relaxing time.

3 Thank Kemi A
, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
On behalf of all of us at Coconut Bay, thank you so much for taking the time to complete your review on Trip Advisor. I will definitely share your positive comments about the Resort with the team. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that you enjoyed our amenities!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,745)
london
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Firstly you need to remember that this isn't sandals, it also wasn't the most expensive hotel on the island and you get what you paid for. However, for what you've paid was no where near enough compared to the quality of service you got throughout the hotel, grounds and staff.

We stayed on the third floor and was given a comp bottle of sparkly as it was our honeymoon. Nice touch! The room was nice and clean and was a standard good sized room. Flat screen, large bed etc. Nothing amazing, but nice, and cool!

First tip: Take USD if you're visiting tourist places, Eastern Caribbean if you want to visit the towns and non tourist places.

Weather: Was beautiful 75% of the time with intermittent rain. I will admit that it was a bit frustrating when it rained heavy, however it didn't last long and everything was soon dry enough. When it was sunny it was exceptionally hot, and there is sufficient shade around the splash pool. There isn't however around the pool just outside the bar with the water polo net and as this is where the other halves go mostly, should consider that.

Pools: Harmony pool was dirty on arrival and we didn't go near that. The other pools were clean and we were so surprised with the lazy river and slides. So much fun.

Tip 2: Lazy river leaves you out in the sun for a long time. I got baked. So ensure you screen up before hand.

Food: Exceptional! Probably the best selection we've had anywhere and that's just the main buffet. 1 tip would be to give a variety of the carved/served section.

Restaurants on site: There are 3 on site. Not just a different buffet, but we would have happily have paid for these based on the food. Silk - Went in on opening night and it smelt of paint. Unfortunate but better to be in than no as we were going home on the next day. Good selection of food and enjoyable. We bought a bottle of Tattinger which was lovely and kept cool. Small Italian Resturant - (Can't remember name) This was right next to the grill near the pools, and luckily it was quiet and romantic when we went, however it could have been worse as it was near the loudest bar. Food was great with sea food.pasta dishes. Calabash was by far the best restaurant! Amazing food well presented would have paid £60+ a head for that at home in the UK. Well done.

The grill by the pool btw was exceptional considering there were so many choices. Salad even! You have to try the grilled chicken wrap with ranch dressing.

Staff: I felt sorry for the staff, we tried to be as polite to them as possible and we got overwhelming responses, however, this wasn't the case with a lot of the guests and especially their children. It really doesn't take much to smile and say thank you. They are people too. We were informed that the job at Coconut Bay was highly sought after because of staff satisfaction so i'm glad that the company make up for what some certain guests spoil.

Cleaners: Great cleaners! Spent ages making sure it was lovely. Always filled up when needed and towels were alway clean and smelled nice.

Spa: This was great, we managed to upgrade a massage into a wrap at cost of course, and it was good so i've been told. The neck and back massage was good and it looked like the cabana massages would have been great!

Activities on the island: There is a tour rep on site. She did a great job at not being pushy and gave us some advice which was no partial regarding hiring a car. We did this in the end and visit the drive in volcano, mud bath, waterfall, Soufrierre, and Castrries. (Excuse the spelling) The road on the west of the island was amazing! If you are not a confident driver do not attempt it. If you hire, you must hire a 4x4, some roads were so steep that the V6 Kia Sportage was struggling a little. This was by far the best thing, and there were so many amazing view points. It really is a beautiful island that you MUST explore.

By the way: Hiring a car, and all of the places when we got there was $200 max! The tours charge so much for your transferring. I would have expected it to be even cheaper with a taxi driver for the day. Speak to Patrick he'll probably give you the works tour for less, and let you stop for photos all along the route.

Tip: Make sure you're off the road at night. Not many road lights and mad roads. There are also some not so desirable places that you do not want to stop for directions!

The hotel was excellent. The seaweed was a pain in the bum, but that's what you get on that side of the island. After visiting castriess we definitely picked the right side, the breeze alone made up for the seaweed, and we were so close to the airport. I couldn't have imagined a long two hour drive to the airport in that heat!

One disappointment: The GM was walking around on numerous occasions, he should have been making friends with the guests and building relationships for the next times at which he didn't. It's ok though, Mitch and the gang i'm sure will be looking after us! Caribbean style.

From Phill and Rachel, Happily Married and Honey Mooned x

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We were at the resort for a week -June 17 to 24,2012 in the Harmony section which is the Adults only section. The other section is called Splash - the family section. My wife & me were on the 4th floor facing the ocean - excellent view and
good clean room.Check-in was fast and pleasant. Food was very good at the ala-carte (Italian,Asian & Caribbean) and the buffet was very good as well.
We found the staff to be very pleasant and friendly.Some names we would mention: John- EAM operations mgr and Asian restaurant's pleasant staff Lindy,Gina,Lalian and Sadie. The Island is very scenic and safe for sightseeing.
Overall we were very satisfied and loved it as an excellent vacation destination.
(English speaking destination and therefore English music)

5 Thank TorontoSolex
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our Resort – and we are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is always a pleasure to hear such wonderful comments from our guests.

Thank you for your comments!
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2012

stayed here with my husband and children in may and we found it to be a nice hotel, good food and lovely friendly staff, in fact the staff here are better than anywhere we've ever stayed! room was ok, bathroom definately needs updating! we found that tipping the cleaner kept our fridges stocked up with water. our room was directly opposite the pool on the ground floor which was very handy having young children with us.
the food is nice, even the pool bar was good, where you could get anything from salads to burgers, the girl working on there (sorry i dont know her name) worked very hard and seemed to be on her own most of the time but still had a smile on her face even in that heat! and dont forget to pay a visit to the omlette lady at breakfast, they are delicious!
every night is a different theme, staff tried very hard to get everybody involved, country and western night was our favourite as the band were superb!!
the beach was very dissapointing, seaweed is a big problem, u can still swim in the sea but it dosent feel very nice having seaweed getting tangled around u and look out for crabs as there were alot in the seaweed. there were tractors driving up and down the beach quite alot, trying to get the seaweed up, it did the job but its hard trying to relax with tractors driving around u, my husband felt like he was at work on his building site! we did hire a car for a couple of days and went over to the carribean side where the sea was amazing, definately worth the drive and as the island is only 27 miles long, it wont take u all day!
the slides were alot of fun and our children enjoyed them and the lazy river altho in my opinion the pools and lazy river could have been cleaner.
this is the only hotel we've been to where there is no entertainment for children in the evening - normally you'd expect a kids disco for half an hour, maybe thats something they could consider?
unfortunately for us, it rained for 80% of the 2 weeks that we were there and when it rained there was nothing do do, just a couple of table tennis tables which was very frustrating for our children. when the sun did come out it was glorious but obviously the weather isnt the fault of the hotel.
overall we had a nice holiday, have been to better places, would like to return to st lucia but next time we'll stay on the carribean side!

Room Tip: if you have children ask for a room on the ground floor opposite the pool - very handy!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 1-2-bucklemyshoe
Thank you for your feedback. You do us a great service by taking the time to comment on your stay. It is through concerned guests, such as yourself, that we gain insight into areas of our business that require attention.

We are happy to hear though that you felt that our team here was better than anywhere you stayed and that you enjoyed your dining experience. We appreciate you taking the time to provide an account of your experience and we do apologize for the areas in your stay where we may have fallen short.

Thank you once again for your comments.
london
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I have just returned back from the Coconut bay resort . Me and my family had a great time. The food was excellent they have a choice of an Italian, Asian and also Caribbean as well as the buffet restaurants, the food was just amazing.. . The entertainment was brilliant from shows to karaoke and live bands. The animation team were soo much fun .. The lazy river and water park was also soo much fun enjoyed being a big kid.

The hotel has 2 sides the family and adults side so you can always go and chill out in the adult side if you like.

The spa was also amazing with many treatments to choice from .

You can also book many trips direct from the hotel lobby we did the mud bath and volcanoes this is a must.

The hotel staff are sooo helpful and friendly. The bar staff were always smiling and the cocktails were lovely so much to chose from if not they will make one up for you .

For those why do not want to go to bed early they have a nightclub that's open till 2 am playing all types of music. The also have a grill that's open till 2 am if you fancy a burger , wrap or chips even a salad.

All round its was just amazing I am already looking to rebook .
x

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank vishali
, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
We would like to thank you for having spared some of your time to share your views about your amazing holiday spent with us.

We are happy to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and delighted to know that you are already planning to rebook your next vacation with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Coconut Bay with your family for another memorable stay on our tropical island.
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My party of three stayed at CBay from 16th - 20th June.
The service I experienced at this hotel was prompt, polite and my family and I left quite satisfied.

Service:
At the airport, the hotel's bus waiting to receive us, within minutes we arrived at the hotel with drinks in hand along with our room key, about 10 minutes after the bellhop brought our luggage to the room. Nice start to our holiday!
Lots of tours are available depending on your interests but we rented a car from AVIS, the price was quite reasonable, took us 2 days to tour the island. Sherline (so helpful and friendly) from AVIS gave us the necessary directions of how to get to some of the island's places of interest.
Housekeeping did a good job making sure we had enough towels and bottled water and a clean room.
The staff is generally attentive, friendly and helpful, they made sure we had enough coffee and tea (b/fast time) and drinks (lobby & entertainment at night). We didn’t attend the Manager’s party as we returned late from a day of touring. At meal times there was always enough seating available as well, the staff would always usher you to a table. Likewise, with poolside lounge chairs, plentiful in shady areas.
The mile long beach, I only took a walk once, from what I saw, it naturally has a lot of seaweed but its cleaned every day. The beach has a great view of surrounding islands as well.

Food:
Wow! The food is great, especially for those with a Caribbean palate. For my stay there were Pirates’ (Caribbean cuisine, loved the jerk chicken, octopus stew and salads), Seafood (I swear the best omg!) and Country (oh the wonderful chicken) Nights. We only tried Capri, no complaints. Generally, the food is awesome. If you’re vegetarian, you won’t have a problem with food choices for sure.
For breakfast, there were lots of fruit, pasties, pancakes, waffles, omelet station and savoury.

Entertainment:
For my stay we were graced with performance s from Barbara Cadet (jazz musician) , a local creole music band, Pirates of the Caribbean play and Country music (I'm not into country music, wish it was Reggae night instead). Entertainment usually runs until about 10pm. In my opinion it was enough.

I wish I stayed a little longer, our time at the resort was short, however, I plan on returning for Easter seeing we had a safe and enjoyable time at CBay.

Room Tip: Room# 321 Great view of the ocean, close to the elevator and pool
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank AaliyaSH
We were so pleased to receive your generous feedback and thank you for the high praise regarding your experience here at Coconut Bay.

We are delighted that we succeeded in providing you with a positive experience from our amazing team, fantastic restaurants and theme nights as well as the evening’s entertainment. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional levels of guest service and I am personally proud that our team was successful in achieving this with you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I had a fantastic time at Coconut Bay - the place is set up so if you want to have a quiet time you can by retreating to the adult pool which has it's own bar, or if you're feeling social you can get involved in loads of activities from Yoga and Pilates, to volleyball, water polo, football or just a cheeky dance by the swim up bar :) We also heard that the hotel was at 97% capacity while we were there, but it never felt too busy, and there were always loads of sun beds free.
It's set up so it's great for couples and families alike, but what really made this place special were the people. We had so much fun and everyone was so friendly so I'm sorry I'm not mentioning everyone, but a few people I have to mention are Samanfer (my dancing partner in crime and brilliant at getting the crowd going at the evening events - particularly the Caribbean night!), Anson (gym, yoga and water volleyball extraordinaire, plus my bird-watching guide), Jason (water polo fiend and DJ King), Marcellus and Ritney (they threw some crazy dancing shapes), Javid and Fatta (always smiling), Alice (also a dancing partner :) )... plus all the others!
Thanks again to all at Coconut Bay
Sophina & Andy xx

Room Tip: Rooms on the Harmony side (adults only block) are quieter
4 Thank S0phie-jay
We would like to thank you for your kind comments received on the site of Trip Advisor. Our passion is driven by turning guests’ dreams into emotional experiences and we are indeed glad to see that the team members did contribute in making your holiday a memorable one at Coconut Bay. All mentioned have been commended.

We will be honored to welcome you back for another stay in our resort in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vieux Fort
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!