“perect wedding, lovely resort and brillant staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“perect wedding, lovely resort and brillant staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

We came to coconut bay the beginning of November with our family for our wedding. Check in was a little slow for us and my mums room was not ready however it didn't take long for her to get into her room. Our room was meant to deluxe, I wouldn't call it deluxe but it was fine for us- had everything you needed. Once we settled in we started to enjoy coconut bay- the staff was absolutely amazing and so helpful and happy all the time which is lovely to see. Kay on the swim up bar always had a smile on her face and our little girl lily loved her!! The entertainment could have been better but again it was ok, we found ourselves in bed by 9pm as our little girl was all tired out from the day! Vernon who did the yoga was lovely and really good at what he did! The donkeys were lovely to go and visit in the afternoon when it was a bit cooler. Our housekeeper Naralie did an amazing job leaving us a note everyday hoping we had a lovely day, its just a shame that on her day off the service was very poor. The food here was amazing, the family buffet was the best I would say, we did go to the other three restaurants which were nice but because of our little girl we enjoyed eating more in the coconut walk. Our wedding itself was more than perfect, it was like a dream come true and all thanks go to Barbra!! it was very hassle free the wedding team planned it all for us all we had to do was turn up and get married! I would definitely recommend this resort especially for those with families and those getting married with children. We wish we could be there now and will back in the future.

1 Thank emily s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,645)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Went in mid-Nov with my wife and 2 young boys (6 and 7). Resort was very nice and I found the staff (and people in St. Lucia in general) very friendly and helpful. I'd particularly like to thank Lenitta at the front desk - excellent customer service and she truly went the extra mile!

Big plus was the fact the resort is only a few minutes from the airport (great with the young kids). I was worried we would be bothered by the airplane noise but barely noticed it at all.

Pool was great and the kids loved the waterslides and lazy river. Rooms were clean and great view. Was also impressed with the gym facilities.

Not much critical to say....I didn't find the food to be amazing but it certainly met our needs. Other than that, would recommend Coconut Bay to any of my friends/family! Thanks for the great trip!

5 Thank Deren S
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We just got back from Coconut Bay Resort and Spa, what a wonderful trip. The food was great, enjoyed the specialty restaurants especially Calabash. Chef Goran, you are amazing and congratulations on winning the iron chef competition this week. We stayed on the Splash side and it was probably the first resort I have stayed at where I haven't been awaken by late night people, it was so quiet, never know that families shared the building. Our housekeeper Valencia was a delight, we received a daily message wishing us a happy day which was a nice touch. Our room was one of the newer renovated rooms, and was tastefully decorated and very clean with a very comfortable bed. The adult pool area had lots of places to sit in the sun or shade to enjoy the ocean breezes.
One of the things that impressed us the most, was the staff. No matter whether we were walking, on the patio, the lobby , around the pool or on the way to your room, they always said hello, how is your vacation going, even the painters working on the new rooms at Splash. Vic at the lobby bar, made sure that I found a cocktail to my liking.
Coconut Walk buffet had a good selection of food and pleasant servers especially Etto whom always greeted us with a big grin, the french toast chef always carried on a conversation with us. Gibbs, Sherilisa, Hannah, Titi, and Jannet made sure we were taken care of. Chef Parmsu your chocolate buffet was to die for. Thank you Mark and Kevin , your staff are wonderful. We can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view
3 Thank garfbar48
Central NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We just returned from a fantastic vacation at Coconut Bay Resort - celebrating our 15 year anniversary. I had contacted Ed Evans in advance to make sure we had a king sized bed, and was pleasantly surprised upon our wonderful greeting by Saskia at the front desk, that he upgraded us from the Superior room that we paid for, to a fourth floor luxury room. Ken & Eric escorted us quickly to our room and made sure we knew that they were at our disposal should we need anything during our stay. The room was perfect in every way! Wonderfully sized, decorated, perfect ocean view and cleaned by Shirley & Marlin with such care! She adorned our bed daily with towel sculptures, flowers and notes. We were even given special afternoon treats by Raymond that we definitely enjoyed, and even a surprise bottle of champagne!

The layout of the hotel and the personalized service of the staff is what makes this property so wonderful! It is not as expansive as many of the all inclusives I've stayed at in the past. All rooms face the ocean and all are only moments away from the lobby, food, and the vast choices of pools. The property was pretty full when we stayed, yet we NEVER had a problem feeling crowded or finding the perfect spot in the sun. You could easily navigate from space to space and to the beach at any time you chose. You can see the improvements that have been made to update the look of the hotel, and the continual process that they are undergoing. I loved the value of the price that we paid through JetBlue Getaways! I've always wanted to see St Lucia, but didn't want to go broke doing it, or feel that I had to compromise on quality, food or cleanliness. This place, was not a boutique property, but for the reasonable price paid you can not go wrong.

I was especially pleased (although my waist may not agree) with the robust and gourmet food provided at all times. Master Chef Pete, does an extraordinary job feeding so many people such high quality food. I honestly have never had an experience in which EVERYTHING I ate I enjoyed soo much! From the made to order buffet breakfast stations of crepes, french toast, omelets and smoothies to the fire-baked poolside pizza... really, the filet Mignon and shrimp & pasta dinners at the gourmet restaurants, the AMAZING BBQ poolside dinner, and lets not forget our special private cabana couples dinner (paid extra for) with terrific white glove service by Andrea, was unbelievable! I now need to join a gym :). Special thanks to Janette who waited on us several evenings, and Sadie who surprised us with a beautiful flower adorned table for our anniversary dinner.

We did a couple excursions - Sail and Snorkel along with the shared deep sea fishing and also hired a taxi to escort us into Choiseul to purchase some pottery. All of these were effortlessly planned and coordinated by Michie, who even was able to send me some info in advance of our arrival, so I could plan appropriately what costs I would incur.

But what would an all inclusive be without wonderful bar staff and poolside entertainment? They had something going on to do at most times. Big Ted, Sherma and daJoker in the lobby bar would wave and say hi as you walked by, Mitch at the adult pool always gave a smile as well! We did not hang at the swim up bar, but those who did seemed to be having a blast with Skeet and Dalia. I especially enjoyed the tasteful evening entertainment with live lobby music, and evening shows that weren't your typical "hokey" crap. They were well put together and fun to watch. My only wish was that the karaoke would have lasted a bit longer. Even the GM of the property Mark, let loose and sang a couple songs!

I cant say enough about how wonderful our vacation was.. would I definitely recommend this property for many types of people. It was so well laid out that I never noticed the children there.. and we did not stay in the adults pool exclusively. They had so many children's activities and fun things for them to do, I did feel guilty at times we did not bring ours. The overall vibe of this place is friendly, down to earth and fun. ALL of the people we met vacationing were enjoying themselves and we made some nice friendships while there. Are there more "luxury" properties in St Lucia?.. probably, but I doubt any would have better service or food.. and certainly wouldn't be at the price we paid for what we got! Thank you Coconut Bay.. I'll treasure our memories!

Room Tip: Third and fourth floor rooms are higher and provide a better view.
2 Thank sheerer
New JerseyNew Jersey, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Just arrived back after a fantastic week at Coconut Bay. The entire staff was more than amazing. Katlyn took care of us at the front desk when we arrived and had us in our rooms in record time to start our vacation. Every day you are greeted with a friendly smile and hello from the maintenance staff to the management. Compliments to Chef Vee and his staff for their wonderful meals, never had better at any of the all inclusives that we have been too. It was nice to see all the chefs out of the kitchen checking on the meals. Plenty of choices at the buffet for breakfast although Janic owes me some soursop on our next visit! (she makes a great banana crepe) The property is well laid out and although people do play the towel game at the Harmony adult pool, there are plenty of places to grab a chair and shade if you need it all around the resort. Though our rooms were on the Harmony side we spent most of our time on the splash side where most of the fun was. Hats off to Skeete who knows how to make a drink, try to get him to give up his secret recipe for the 38 Special! Sevee at the outside grill makes a mean hamburger and delivers it with the biggest smile. The staff does a great job clearing the turtle grass off the beach every day. The water in front of the resort gets a little cloudy depending on the weather but a short walk north near the kite surfing shack is much cleaner and clearer. There are only a few beach vendors and they are not real aggressive like some islands. The nightly entertainment was fun and if you are lucky you may even get a special karaoke performance from the GM with his Elvis rendition! My wife loved the spa treatments and could only say good things about it. We only went on one excursion to the mud baths and Piton warm waterfall with Ian. It was a fun trip and Ian took us the back way through the villages giving us detailed information about the island and great views of the Pitons. Well worth it. We stayed on the 3rd floor with a nice view and were invited to the couples only dinner. Pearl did a great job on our room making sure everything was taken care of for us. A special thanks to Ed Evans and his staff for making my wifes birthday dinner at Calabash special and to Etto for her stirring rendition of "leaving on a jet plane" at breakfast our last day lol. I would highly recommend Coconut Bay to anyone.

2 Thank SBANJ
Tecumseh, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Returned home last night from a very relaxing vacation at Coconut Bay, the holiday masses returning home wasn't so relaxing. You know your stay is going to be different as soon as you are greeted with a chilled rum punch instead of the usual harassment by time share/vacation plan salescum. You will notice a total absence of any kind of pressure to interfere with your vacation. At each meal you are cheerfully greeted and shown to your table, Etto is one of the best with her big smile and friendly welcome. You will not be disappointed with the big selection of freshly prepared meals. All the meals feature stations where your favourites are prepared to your liking, whether it's crepes, stir fry, or pasta, to name but a few of the prepare to order stations. The buffet stations themselves are spread throughout the large room, there is no cafeteria line up here. We were served by three young friendly employees who genuinely wanted our meals to be enjoyable, thank you Gibbs, Hannah and Sherilisa. The pools are large and physically separated providing for three distinct pool side environments, the family pool with kids, the family pool with adults and the adult pool without tan lines. Vic was one of my favourite bar tenders at the poolside bar and again in the evening at the lobby bar. Wifi reception in the lobby is excellent and the lobby is a nice relaxing place to get out of the sun. Every evening we enjoyed cocktails in the second floor lounge above the main restaurant, thank you Dona for the excellent sour apple martinis, I prefer mine with rye, their bar rye is Canadian Club, Crown Royal will cost you two bucks. Valencia kept our room clean and fresh with fresh flowers everyday. The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine watching the moon rise over the Atlantic. I regretted only staying one week, definitely will stay longer when we return.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view, we were on the third floor, even if you are on the fourth floor they h...
3 Thank clehman
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Coconut Bay Resort & Spa was One off the best experiences off my life time.
The staff at this resort is the best starting with being greeted at the airport by
Mekeje Peter thank you so much
Simon the driver

Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in Gros Islet
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,003 reviews
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!