I traveled to St. Lucia July 6-11th 2014 with my immediate family (husband, children ages 11 and 17). We were also blessed to have 7 other family members travel as well. I chose Coconut Bay based on the reviews and affordability. The hotel is literally less than 5 minutes from the airport. So, as we were driving onto the property I was initially nervous. Upon check- in, we were greeted by Billy who was very nice. I must give top award for friendliness to Linette at the front desk. I immediately made reservations for dinner as you can only book dinner reservations 8:30 am-5:00 or so.
Upon checking into the room, we were in 402 which was on the splash side with a beautiful view of the pool and ocean. Fridge was stocked with sodas, water, and beer. The room was nice but I had to get over my initial shock that the room was not fancy. I wasn't really looking for too fancy, but it was initially a letdown. Tiny ants were constantly in the bathroom, desk by the phone and on the floor. My family overlooked that and immediately went to the pool.
The beds were comfortable. There is a safe to lock up important stuff. Bathrooms were older and need some upgrades. We had a severely clogged sink. However, I must admit that when notified, maintenance was sent to the room in less than 5 minutes. Never had an issue with getting towels and washcloths.
There were 2 main pools (3.5 ft) and 1 on the adult side (3.5 ft). I liked that adults had a separate place if they wanted to hang and it had plenty of beach chairs, hammocks etc. We mainly stayed on the other side. My children enjoyed the lazy river and slides. Heck, me too. The daily pool aerobics led by an awesome gentleman was so much fun. Hard work, but fun. On Wednesday there is a complimentary paint ball game offered. 2 tickets per room, 13 and up. I signed up for this the day we arrived (Sunday). 6 of the family members participated and 3 sustained some real nice bruises. So, travel with long pants and long shirts if you want to play. A mask, vest, paint ball gun with 70 balls are provided. You can upgrade by paying additional $'s. I felt like they needed full body armor. :)
There are many things to do on the property. Every evening there is some type of entertainment. Very enjoyable. We enjoyed the nightly entertainment. I especially enjoyed the Tribute to the Stars on Thursday night. You will not be bored. Staff work in many areas of the property. Nice touch!
The restaurants: Calabash (reservation required) was nice. Food was good and I liked this one the best. Genile was an awesome waitress. Silk (reservation required) Asian flair was good. I did not eat at Capri. The outside grill was a favorite for my kids. This is located next to the pool and is one busy location. Curtley (pizza man) was such a great personality. Quiet but always friendly. Sevee was pleasant and chipper. Crea had the worst attitude on the property. Not sure why everyday she was so cold to customers approaching to order a meal. My kids were made to feel like they were a nuisance. The grill was primarily fast food type edibles. I really enjoyed the breakfast at Coconut Walk. There were so many options available. Smoothie bar was a highlight for me. Cyrena was also friendly and efficient. Emee at the french toast station was a highlight for my children.
Gift shop actually had good prices. We traveled off site to the open craft market North of Vieux Fort 30 plus minutes. We were transported by Nerv's company. Danny W was the best driver and tour guide. We traveled on to Rodney Bay Mall. If I had it to do again, I would just shop at the local market. The mall was similar to US type shopping. I must give a shout out to the Marble Slab Creamery. It was located in the Rodney Bay Area. It was some of the best ice cream I have ever eaten. :) So, due to the curvy roads and traffic, it took us 1 hour and 30 minutes to get back to Coconut Bay from Rodney Bay. Do check out ziplining at Soufriere Hotwire. Great group of staff!
Overall, nice vacation. Nice property. Plenty of beach to walk down. Beach activities are available. If you are not looking for fancy, fancy, then this is the property for you and the family. If you want higher end, then you will have to travel further North. Keep in mind, your travel from the airport will be long depending on how far north you want to stay. Would I re-visit St. Lucia again? Absolutely! Will I stay at Coconut Bay Again....Maybe. I will travel a bit north next time and see what other properties have to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, complimentary WIFI, 4 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort