“Great family resort, all inclusive.”

Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Media, Pennsylvania
“Great family resort, all inclusive.”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great resort, close to airport, staff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone greeted us with a smile.
My suggestions would be to have more in depth descriptions of off site excursion to include physical requirements such as walking required on rough terrain, a map of resort at check in, and better communication about events. Didn't find out until after the fact they had a chocolate buffet on Friday night's.
WiFi was an issue. Free in lobby but have to pay for WiFi access in your room but it wasn't clear that the fee was only good for one device. We had 4 people with 4 different devices but only one could get WiFi at a time and had to log off so the next person could log on.
Would also suggest more tween/teen activities at night.
All things considered we would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Splash side for families, Harmony side adults only.
2 Thank L H
Mark H, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear LH..thank you for your review and your suggestions we will definitely look at these issues...I'm sorry you missed the resort map that is located on the back of your welcome letter...We are currently looking at an in room channel for all of our activities that will compliment the existing notices of all activities in the weekly newspaper provided at check in and the numerous activities boards...If you missed these it is definitely on us to do a better job of advertising our beloved activities and entertainment...Thank you for your comments they will make us better

Hope to see you again soon!!

Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,665)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was such an awesome resort. I went with my family and it was amazing. My younger sister just turned 18 before we went so we stayed on the all adult side, the Harmony side and it was beautiful. Great room, great amenities, great everything. It had everything from relaxing hammocks to an extremely fun beach. The bars were probably my personal favorite part, they had a bar for everything: dancing, swimming, enjoying a show...whatever! The staff was amazing too! I made great friends with a bartender named Dillon Joinville who lived on the island and I got to stay in contact with him which was great, great guy. There were people from all over the world and it was fun to meet all these great people on their holiday! All in all it was a great vacation and I highly suggest staying here!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Josh..thank you for your review, we really appreciate you talking the time to post it...We hope you and your sister will come back and see us again...From the team

Cheers!
virginia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I traveled to St. Lucia July 6-11th 2014 with my immediate family (husband, children ages 11 and 17). We were also blessed to have 7 other family members travel as well. I chose Coconut Bay based on the reviews and affordability. The hotel is literally less than 5 minutes from the airport. So, as we were driving onto the property I was initially nervous. Upon check- in, we were greeted by Billy who was very nice. I must give top award for friendliness to Linette at the front desk. I immediately made reservations for dinner as you can only book dinner reservations 8:30 am-5:00 or so.

Upon checking into the room, we were in 402 which was on the splash side with a beautiful view of the pool and ocean. Fridge was stocked with sodas, water, and beer. The room was nice but I had to get over my initial shock that the room was not fancy. I wasn't really looking for too fancy, but it was initially a letdown. Tiny ants were constantly in the bathroom, desk by the phone and on the floor. My family overlooked that and immediately went to the pool.

The beds were comfortable. There is a safe to lock up important stuff. Bathrooms were older and need some upgrades. We had a severely clogged sink. However, I must admit that when notified, maintenance was sent to the room in less than 5 minutes. Never had an issue with getting towels and washcloths.

There were 2 main pools (3.5 ft) and 1 on the adult side (3.5 ft). I liked that adults had a separate place if they wanted to hang and it had plenty of beach chairs, hammocks etc. We mainly stayed on the other side. My children enjoyed the lazy river and slides. Heck, me too. The daily pool aerobics led by an awesome gentleman was so much fun. Hard work, but fun. On Wednesday there is a complimentary paint ball game offered. 2 tickets per room, 13 and up. I signed up for this the day we arrived (Sunday). 6 of the family members participated and 3 sustained some real nice bruises. So, travel with long pants and long shirts if you want to play. A mask, vest, paint ball gun with 70 balls are provided. You can upgrade by paying additional $'s. I felt like they needed full body armor. :)

There are many things to do on the property. Every evening there is some type of entertainment. Very enjoyable. We enjoyed the nightly entertainment. I especially enjoyed the Tribute to the Stars on Thursday night. You will not be bored. Staff work in many areas of the property. Nice touch!

The restaurants: Calabash (reservation required) was nice. Food was good and I liked this one the best. Genile was an awesome waitress. Silk (reservation required) Asian flair was good. I did not eat at Capri. The outside grill was a favorite for my kids. This is located next to the pool and is one busy location. Curtley (pizza man) was such a great personality. Quiet but always friendly. Sevee was pleasant and chipper. Crea had the worst attitude on the property. Not sure why everyday she was so cold to customers approaching to order a meal. My kids were made to feel like they were a nuisance. The grill was primarily fast food type edibles. I really enjoyed the breakfast at Coconut Walk. There were so many options available. Smoothie bar was a highlight for me. Cyrena was also friendly and efficient. Emee at the french toast station was a highlight for my children.

Gift shop actually had good prices. We traveled off site to the open craft market North of Vieux Fort 30 plus minutes. We were transported by Nerv's company. Danny W was the best driver and tour guide. We traveled on to Rodney Bay Mall. If I had it to do again, I would just shop at the local market. The mall was similar to US type shopping. I must give a shout out to the Marble Slab Creamery. It was located in the Rodney Bay Area. It was some of the best ice cream I have ever eaten. :) So, due to the curvy roads and traffic, it took us 1 hour and 30 minutes to get back to Coconut Bay from Rodney Bay. Do check out ziplining at Soufriere Hotwire. Great group of staff!

Overall, nice vacation. Nice property. Plenty of beach to walk down. Beach activities are available. If you are not looking for fancy, fancy, then this is the property for you and the family. If you want higher end, then you will have to travel further North. Keep in mind, your travel from the airport will be long depending on how far north you want to stay. Would I re-visit St. Lucia again? Absolutely! Will I stay at Coconut Bay Again....Maybe. I will travel a bit north next time and see what other properties have to offer.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a nicer view when you want to just chill on the balcony.
3 Thank splori
Dear SPLORI, thank you to you and your family for selecting Coconut Bay to holiday...we all truly appreciate it...We are glad that you enjoyed the resort and the staff...please accept my apologies for the way your children were made to feel. I assure you that is not the Coconut Bay spirit nor does it reflect the team who pride themselves in exceptional Casually Caribbean service...We will try to convince you to stay down in the south at Coconut Bay on your next visit but if not please do come back to our beautiful island of St Lucia

Toronto
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Traveled to UVF with wife and kids in July and had a fantastic time. This hotel has everything for everyone. It is split in half, one side for couples only and the other for families. Pools, water-park, beach, you choose. Bars with plenty of choice with top shelf selections and plenty of food with plenty of choice. I have been to many "all-inclusive" resorts and this one ranks in the top 3

Beach: 3.5 out of 5.
Beautiful water, great snorkeling. They clean the beach 3-5 times a day to clean up the turtle grass. Walk a little further down from the main area and you will find a coral reef by itself with all kinds a tropical fish.

Talk to Linus at the beach shack to use snorkel and surf equipment. Great guy and treats everyone with a smile. Tell him "Flippers" sent you.

The restaurants are must for all to try. Lots of choice so go for it. The house red and white wines were really good. But if you want specialty, the wine list is available at a cost.

Capri: Italian. Need I say more? Shout out to YOLO our waiter.

Calabash: Caribbean Steakhouse. Shout out to Ashton who took care of us. Try the Tenderloin or Land and Sea with Top Sirloin with Chimichuri!!!

Silk: Asian inspired. Ima and Shermus were great and helpful to explain all the different dishes.

Buffet: Absolutely the best buffet I have been to. If anyone says the food is not good here then they don't know food. If the kids dont complain then you know its good. They cater to all tastes so try them all....and we did.

If you want a place to relax even with kids, then look no further. Coconut bay has what you need and want. Rooms are great. Simple and clean. King bed, trundle for the kids, stocked fridge, decent bathroom. Thanks to Valencia for taking care of us for the week.

Location. On the Atlantic side of the island and only 10 min to the airport. Cant go wrong.

So in short, this is a cant miss resort that will take care of you from check in to check out.

Room Tip: Ask to be off the main floor, 2nd 3rd or 4th and you are good. If they have rooms without the adjoi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hello Toronto! Thank you very much for your stay and your review...we are all thrilled your family had such a wonderful time...we all get great satisfaction when our guests have such a great holiday...please do come and see us again

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The resort is perfect made better by its STAFF they will make your trip, little notes from Pearl in house keeping or blended cocktail from Big Ted in the lobby bar to a cool beer in the adults only pool. You will want for nothing ! Just a little more sun cream

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Andy Q
Dear Andy...thanks for the note and we are grateful for the shout out to the staff...Come see us again...

Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We visited this resort in February and had a fantastic time; such a great time that we have just rebooked our holiday for next February.
I have stayed at other resorts so am basing my comparison based on similar places in the Dominican Rep. and Cuba.
The room was bright and clean. They all have a great view of the ocean and come with everything you need in the way of amenities.
The food is fantastic! There is a large buffet as well as smaller restaurants to choose from. Because the buffet was so good and offered up such a diverse variety of food each night with theme nights, we only ate at the buffet, and we're never disappointed. Executive chef Veejooruth Purmessur runs a fantastic kitchen with a great staff. I am looking forward to more great food at the next visit.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful. From checking to checkout, everyone from the front desk staff to dining room to pool staff were helpful and fun.
We visited the spa twice and had a great massage treatment. It is well worth ht visit. The spa is beautiful, clean and staffed by professionals.
My only comments would apply to the beach. It is always clean and has lovely white sand. It is long so makes for pleasant walks. However, if you want calm ocean swimming, the resort is on the Atlantic side so the waves are a bit rough. A break wall does keep a section calm and sailboarding is great.
Also, the pool was not fantastic (often sandy), but I was told that the pool was going to be fixed up shortly so I am expecting it will be very nice by our next visit in 2015 .
In short, if you are looking for a good quality, clean, resort that is not huge, offers great food, fun evening entertainment and a nice beach with no outside vendors, this is your place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sylvia H
Dear Sylvia....Thank you for your review...We are thrilled you and your family had a great time...thank you for all of your comments...The shout out for our fabulous Chef P is appreciated...you are correct this September we are closed for a month of refreshing and some new surprises...we will be refreshing the pools and lazy river as well....A Brand new pool is being built on the adult side as well...lots of new amenities await you in February...

Hastings
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've stayed at quite a few resorts over the years and I have to say this is one of the best, it was clean, we'll organised, staff were all very polite and helpful, our room was ok, very basic but had good air con, not the best room me and my wife have stayed In but certainly not the worst. The harmony (adult only) area was lovely, no loud music or noise, just peace and quiet. The splash area was lovely aswel if you have kids. It has a good grill and snack bar and a swim up bar, the lazy pool is pretty good. The main restaurant was great, best food we've ever had in the Caribbean. The al la cart restaurants were all fantastic. The hotel was 2 minute drive from the airport which is always good after a long flight. All in all this place is awesome. Would recommend to anyone....

Room Tip: Harmony area if you are adults with no children, otherwise the splash area.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Samandhishols
Hello Hastings.....thank you for your stay and your review...the Food and Beverage Team led by Kevin Hughes is very proud of the food we serve to all our guests in our restaurants....We hope to see you again in the near future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vieux Fort
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!