“Coconut Bay Beach” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Tobago
“Coconut Bay Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was an excellent hotel it was secluded but also had the luxury of everything. All the activities the were good and had an awesome time. Big thanks to Emee french toast maker, ate there every breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Bev0n

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,648)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hello everyone.

My name is Joanna and today I've returned home from my 15 days in Paradise :(
Already having Coconut Bay withdraws.

I will start with "boring" part.

Rooms-spacious, clean and with very comfy bed.
Fridge always stock with water, sprite, beer and coke.

Food-out of this world! Doesn't matter how fussy you are u always can find something u will like.
Restaurants-again superb!
Grill bar-tasty chicken, wings, hot dogs and pizza.
Bars-well stock on beverage, liqueurs and vodka from all over the world.
Beach-long and never crowded.
Entertainment-always something going on including "theme" night.
Wednesday adults pool party is a must!
Swimming pools big enough with plenty of clean towels to go around.

Now the best part People working in the resort.

I am returning guest (my second time) and this visit gave me a chance to get to know everyone better and spend more time with them.

First of all I want to say Thank You to my one and only Emely aka "Quenn of Diamonds".
She is one of the kind wit her huge smile and even bigger personality. Nothing is impossible for her to do. Always walking around and talking to people asking if they need any help.
Sweetheart Thank You.

Mr Paul Clauzel your smile shines brighter then hot St Lucian sun. He's very busy but alway finds the time for a little chat. Also he's good at "babysitting" kids in the lobby:)

To all housekeeping department with lovely Shanice, Victoria, Shirley and Ketra.

Beautiful and classy ladies at the front desk Lennita, Billy, Kyla, Janelle and many others.

To Davidson, Daniel, Ken, Eric at the "rum punch" station.

Michi and Kara know the best trips all over the island and they will both help you to choose one suitable.

Mathew at horseback riding school. Such knowledge guy with great horses. You will be safe in he's "hands" as he knows he's horses very well.

To all ladies responsible for cleaning "public areas" Marcia and Rose (especially).

Shout out to my three favourite fab ladies at the diner Emee, Mary D and Justine! Thanks for making me faaaaattttttt :)
Sheeby, Jill, Tylor, Elisha, Petula will make sure that your glass is never empty and your table always clean.

Mr Ed Evans thank you for our morning "chats".

Winston, Javid, Vicki, Dean and Jervin at the pool area.

To the best bartender Corry! U have made my holiday even better! Great guy with patience of an angel and great personality to go with it.
Thanks to Kye, Nax, Vic, Andrea, Mitch, Dillion, Donna D, Jimmy, Kerdy, Big Ted and many, many more.

Chef P your cooking skills are outstanding.

Special thanks to Kevin food and beverage manager. "Homie" it was great talking to you!

Kendall thank you for your help with my ipod

So many more people to mention for they great and hard work. Thank you all.

If u r planning your holidays in St Lucia do not hesitate. Choose Coconut Bay! It's the best place to be with the most humble, friendly and hard working people I have ever known.
Just remember one think. God gave us mouth for a reason-to talk! If u do need something open your mouth and ask instead of leaving bad review!
Those people will be more then happy to help you.

I am already counting the days to my next trip and I can not wait to see all my friends again.
Thank you so much for making my holiday great!
Missing you all already.

Love
Joanna aka "Queen Sheba"

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank Joanna B
Almoradi, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

An excellent hotel. All of the staff whatever job they were doing were so friendly. Always had a smile on their face and always saying hello. The cleaner left us little notes everyday along with her different flower arrangements on the bed. Vernon the yoga and water aerobics teacher was always so encouraging and making the lessons fun. The food was excellent and there were plenty of tastes to choose from whether you wanted Italian, Carribean or Asian. There was buffet service in the main restaurant and the food was always being replenished. You could also eat in the snack bar by the pool. There were lots of trips to choose from if you wanted to see some of the island. The only disappointment was that we paid extra for a sea view and you could only see a bit of the sea through the palm trees. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Don`t pay extra for a sea view, you can hardly see the sea.
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank stokielynn
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We went for a week of R and R July 12-19 on an Air Canada Vacations (ACV) package. It was our ninth ACV package and all have been as described in the catalogue and on the internet. ACV had a couple of nice inclusions in the package like a couples massage which was very enjoyable.

The room was very clean , quiet and comfortable, the restaurants all great with really good food and service ( a special thank you to Yolo who made us feel specially appreciated), the adult pool bar which was very social with good drinks thanks to Dillan and Corry, the bellhop service efficient and friendly thanks to Davidson. The three A La Carte restaurants are all really good and the service excellent. We also had three outside dinners during our week so did not eat at the Buffet for dinner as we went twice to Capri the Italian restaurant. Make a la carte restaurant reservations early to avoid disappointment. Our room was made up daily and the room fridge replenished daily.

All rooms look at the ocean. The gardenview rooms are on the ground floor looking at the sea, but where the view is obstructed. Floors 3 and 4 offer ocean views. We stayed on the Harmony Adult side where children are not allowed.

The beach is lovely for long walks. The wind is generally quite strong resulting in not feeling the heat and humidity. We used the beach a lot. There was seaweed in the water but it did not stop us from spending hours in the water each day. The hotel has a mechanical rake to pick up the seaweed twice a day.

The front desk are very attentive to any issues brought to their attention and initiate corrective actions promptly unlike many all-inclusives' . We had two: the room air conditioning which was too cold and our billing. The AC was fixed right away and there were some accounting errors on our bill on check out which were corrected immediately without any hassles. We had a $250 resort credit included which was not incorporated into our bill.

Overall, this is a very good hotel. The Saint Lucians are proud of their island and their hotel and we were welcomed and well taken care of during our vacation.

The only disappointment was the water sports kiting facility where the staff were not helpful , nor friendly. It seemed to us they are not hotel staff, but rather sub-contractors. We did not spend , nor give any tips so their loss!!!

The acid test - would we go back - yes, would we recommend - yes. Look up the hotel web site if you are interested. What you see is what you get.

Enjoy - we hope your experience is as enjoyable as ours. We did not leave the property on our one week RnR escape.

JnJ

4 Thank JnJ_Montreal
Mark H, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Montreal....thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. W eare very happy you enjoyed your Holiday at Coconut Bay and your comments are much appreciated. I always say that hiccups will most certainly always happy in anything, its how we respond to these hiccups that is the measuring stick. I am very proud of the team for responding to your issues.

Cheers and I your acid test is right on....

We hope to see you again!

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I recently returned from spending 12 days at Cocounut Bay. The food was amazing, the staff were extremely accomodating and our room was magnificant. We arrived to find out that the hotel had upgraded our room so we were on the fourth floor in a Junior Suite. Staying on the Harmony side of the resort worked well for us. It was peaceful and relaxing. Kudos to Jervis for answering questions and providing tips regarding things to do and places to go. We would return to this friendly hotel in a heartbeat!

2 Thank Ruth139
Hi Ruth..thank you for your comments we really appreciate you coming to stay with us and hope you will make your way down to Beautiful St Lucia again!

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We are recently back from our honeymoon in Saint Lucia and I could not have been more please with this hotel!

We were greeted on arrival with a lovely rum punch after about a 4 minute taxi ride from the airport! We were checked in by Janelle (I think that's her name) and she was fantastic, congratulating us on the wedding and making us feel really special. She gave us 2 invitations to an adults only dinner on the pool desk which we wet to on our 1st night and the food was incredible.
In out hotel we were delighted to be greeted with champagne, fruit platter, and 2 huge coconuts filled with rum punch. Great start so far. Room was fantastic. Huge and comfy bed, flat screen TV, sofa bed, coffee table, dresser, fridge filled with soda drinks and beer, and tea and coffee making facilities.

The food in this hotel is by far the best I have experienced at an all inclusive resort in the Caribbean, and I've been to quite a few.
They have the main buffet, Capri (Italian), Asian (Silk), Caribbean (Calabash) and the pool side grill. I enjoyed each place a lot. The pool side grill does burgers, fried chicken, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, pizza, fries etc. If you fancied Panini's or pasta and salads you can get a great variety in the buffet.
The steak in Calabash is incredible do not miss out on that! One of the best steaks I've had. I loved the sweet & sour port in Silk too, there's so many dishes I can recommend but I'd be here a while. The prawns are fantastic!

Now one of the best things about this resort is the staff. I cant say enough about them.
First the entertainment team are so lovely. Samanfer and Vernon made our holiday so enjoyable but all of them are great. Vernon is an amazing dancer and water aerobics instructor and I will definitely keep in touch with him
Our maid Pearl made our room special every day with different towel art, fresh flowers and even notes wishing us a great stay.
Daniel that welcomed us was very friendly and chatty, talked to us the whole time while we waiting for our room and was so polite.
Denny was our waiter on a few occasions and we got on with him so well, so approachable and friendly.
Bar staff I loved! Morgan, Kay, TC and Dylan. Apart from making up amazing drinks on the spot they were all so friendly and Kay's singing the wrong words to every song is hilarious.
Pool guys are great too Dean John made us laugh every morning.
Like the food I could go on about the staff but I wont, I will just say I was never once disappointed with the service and that's what made the hotel in my opinion.

We went to the managers cocktail party one evening and in the raffle won a dinner for 2 in a private location (you can buy the package for $109, well worth the money in my eyes). The dinner was just perfect. Bottles of wine and champagne on the table, flowers and heart decorations, 4 course meal, private server. Couldn't fault it. I have attached some pics of that.

There are a few donkeys, a horse, goat and sheep pen, in the field round the back of the splash side of the hotel. They are well looked after and are you can feed the goats and sheep with goat feed. I fed the donkeys and horse with some bread too. There is also a very friendly stray dog that I names patch that lays with the donkeys so id feed him a hot dog when I went over every afternoon, so if there are any animal lovers going please give him a stroke he's shy at first but is very sweet.

The pools are very nice and well maintained. The swim up pool bar is quite cold at first for some reason, more than the others, but sometimes that's needed in that climate! The lazy river was my favourite and to my surprise there were always tubes available, you didn't have to fight for one.
There are also plenty of sun beds so no need to get up early and reserve.

Do not miss the Caribbean themed night. Buffet is brought outside and the show is great! Other shows were also good but this was my favourite one. The bands in the lobby create a nice child atmosphere and I enjoyed listening to them with a cocktail.

If you want to be spoilt, have some fun but still relax and try some amazing food then this is the place for you. I will most definitely be going back!

Room Tip: 3rd and 4th floor rooms are the best I'm told. We had 350 and loved it. However they are shuttin...
6 Thank Lizzie1202
Dear Lizzie...Thank you for your comments and congratulations on your wedding! I have passed along your comments on the food to the chef and the entire kitchen team...They love to wow our guests. Thank you for the shout out to all the individual staff...we could not be more proud of them.
We hope to see you again when next you travel...Enjoy married life!

Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Coconut Bay during the March Break. It isn't a five star hotel but it was lovely. The people were friendly. The staff was helpful, friendly and professional. The accommodations were wonderful. We had a room with an ocean view on the top floor. It was very clean. When we needed a lamp switch fixed, it was done in five minutes! The food was very good and there was a variety every night. A la carte the restaurants were very good, too. Evening entertainment was fun. Staff at the front desk recommended a tour. The Island Adventure tour of the island and mudbath at the volcano was amazing. Danny, our driver, was great. I would definitely head to St. Lucia and Coconut Bay again.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank DeeDee0564
Hi Dee Dee ...thank you for choosing Coconut Bay and thank you for your review. We are glad you had a great time with us

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vieux Fort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in Gros Islet
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,003 reviews

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!