My family and I spent a wonderful week at Coconut Bay Beach Resort and truly consider it one of our favourite visits to a Caribbean island. Here are some positive points I would like to share:
Resort Layout. The resort is nicely laid out. Everything is easy to get to. All rooms have easy access to all the restaurants, pools and beach. This is not a mega-resort that requires you to take a shuttle to anything. Everything was close enough for us to set up in one place and wander around to do it all. What is also great is the proximity to the airport. It took all of 6 minutes to get from the airport to the resort.
Crowds. There are no crowds. There is no need to wake up at 5am to hold chairs. There are plenty to go around. There are enough trees to give shade if that's what you look for. There are not many parasols but that has to do with the constant breeze. The breeze that comes in just feels wonderful and I was happy to not have parasols and use the trees instead.
Food. The food was excellent. We really enjoyed the buffet as there were many stations that you had food that was made for you on the spot. Breakfast highlights include freshly made smoothies and crepes made as you like. The a la carte restaurants were good. We only tried two of them (Silk - Asian, Calabash - Creole) and had no trouble getting reservations. The SILK restaurant was our favourite and we booked a second night. Twice in the week there were outdoor barbecues that were excellent. These were easily my favourite meals. Desserts were excellent as was the bread. All bread is baked on premises and I couldn't get enough of the raisin bread.
Amenities and Activities. There is plenty to do and enjoy at the resort. The pools are great. My daughters and I really enjoyed the water slides. There are only 2 but they are plenty fun and you never have to wait long to use them. The lazy river is also a fun way to spend some time. The "Surf Shack" is where you get the sea kayaks, snorkeling gear and Stand Up Paddle (SUP). The water here is choppy due to the wind but there weren't big waves while we were there. I had fun participating at a few Paintball matches and had a lot of fun with the staff and people there. This was the only paid extra I participated in.
WIFI. Wifi worked well in the lobby. The closer you sat to the front desk, the better the reception. I did pay for in-room wifi as I needed to login to work one evening and the rate is $10/day or $40/week. You can only connect one device to the in-room wifi so if you want to to be on a tablet and an ipod at the same time you can't. I think think this is going to far. I would suggest that they allow 3 devices per room if you pay for the in-room wifi.
Staff. I left the best for last. The people are absolutely wonderful. After a week we got to know the people we dealt with frequently. Emee was the lady who took care of our french toast in the morning. Vernon was a great yoga and aqua fitness instructor. Devon was a truly fun and entertaining paintball animator.
We always like to try different places but this is one we would be very keen on coming back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, complimentary WIFI, 4 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort