“Our best Caribbean holiday yet!”

Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My 2 daughters & I stayed here during May 1/2 term and it was perfect for us. We spent the days mainly in the water and loved it. The hotel complex was kept nice & clean and we had a very nice room on the 4th floor of the Splash side. Whilst we were there we saw maintenance people freshening up the paintwork and a loose tile was repaired by the pool.

We particularly liked the lazy river & water-slides and visiting the resident donkeys. The food was the best we'd ever experienced on holiday. All good, and so much choice!

Room Tip: If you need internet access in your room it is worth paying $40 for the week, but be warned that thi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandy-Ann
Write a ReviewReviews (6,263)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We visited Coconut Bay in January 2014, we stayed there as a friend was getting married at a nearby resort.
I can not find one thing wrong with Coconut Bay, there was nothing extra we could have asked for or needed. The staff were out of this world, the food was incredible with so many options to choose from and dont even get me started on the cocktails!!! - WOW!!!
The welcome we received was incredible, a real home from home.
We paid extra for a sea view room which was beautiful but to be honest the views around th whole hotel are fantastic so it doesnt matter where you stay.
The only downside to the holiday was that my husband and i didnt feel save travelling around the island alone, we hired a car but didnt explore as much as we would have liked. However the hotel offer some fantastic outings so make sure you check them out. Overall i would happily recommend Coconut Bay and all it has to offer!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emmabradbury
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great break was had by myself, wife and 14 month old son. This hotel is a grower, on arrival we felt it looked a little shabby, the room (432 splash) was clean enough but the bathroom felt a little dated and tired! Apart from that it was fine, fantastic food, really very good, we have stayed in many all inclusives in europe but this was the best for food no doubt!, the two bookable restaurants were first class, a real surprise too! Staff were really nice and made such a fuss of our son. in a nutshell a very good all inclusive with great food......watch your waistline!!!

3  Thank kelso186390
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recently returned home from a one week stay at Coconut Bay and my family ( including 5 kids ages 4-17) and we enjoyed it! The positives-- The staff was all very friendly! The food was excellent! We ate at all three speciality restaurants and the buffet. They were all very good with lots of choices and well prepared. The service was good. The grill was a favorite of my kids. The pizza was delicious and the hot wings too! Love how there was something to eat 24/7, with kids, someone is always hungry! You will not be hungry or thirsty at this resort ever! The kids club was great! A special thank you to Eulia at the kids club! She is great with the kids and very knowledgeable about ST. Lucia. Very comfortable leaving my small kids in the kids club and the kids wanted to go back several times. Resort size good, not too big but several large pools. Petting zoo was a nest part of the resort. Also my kids, and the adults too, loved the water park!! Two fun fast water slides! We enjoyed the resort credits to use around the resort very much--this is a plus to encourage you to use the facilities. The spa was the VERY BEST spa I have ever used! The manager, Dahlia, was very courteous, professional, knowledgeable, and accommodating. She was always eager to assist and does an excellent job managing the business. The spa was used by several members of our group and they all agree that she is a irreplaceable leader at the spa.
The negatives-- the worst complaint I have is that my room did not have one 110 outlet! I complained about this when we first checked in and was told they would bring me a converter box immediately. I did not get it! I asked EVERY day about it! I was there seven days and NEVER got it! This was ridiculous to me! I had to charge and use another family room for everything! In comparison to other resorts, the entertaining crew did NOT work to get people involved in games or activities. They often stood around! We started many games on our own and even had trouble finding the balls to play on our own. In other resorts, we knew the entertainment crew very well by the end of the week--not true here! Also the night entertainment was not enjoyed by the kids of any age. They need more family oriented night activities! The beach was full of sea weed! They worked hard to clean it but it was massive amounts! No one was in the water and snorkeling was impossible while we were there! This was a definite disappointment. Even with a few negative aspects, we had a good vacation at coconut bay!

2  Thank Tlp0505
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at Coconut Bay in for the last week of July 2014 and it was by far the best vacation I've ever taken. I (22y.o) went with my parents and my brother who is 18. If you are planning on taking teenagers and younger adults this is the best place on the island to take them.

You can read other reviews that say that "the room wasn't perfect" or that "the place needed work" but that's for the people who want to be waited on hand and foot. If you're traveling with kids, Coconut Bay is perfect. As a family we went on at least one excursion every morning for the week we stayed there and once we returned to the hotel we all changed and went to the pool. My parents went to the "Adult Pool" area and my brother and I went to the pool with the swim up bar. My parents had their peace and quiet all week while us teenagers had our fun. The staff there are extremely friendly and extremely fun! By the end of the week all the bartenders and restaurant staff knew our names. The bartenders are one of a kind there and will definitely make your night so much better. They let us play beer pong across the bar and even played some more drinking games with us (sorry parents). Also, watch out for Dillan the bartender at the pool bar...he's wicked good at flip cup. Since it's all inclusive you have nothing to worry about with money and the alcohol is included. My brother and I met some other teenagers and younger adults and even older adults at the pool bar and we all hung out together for the last 4 days of our vacation, and now we're all friends on facebook and talk regularly. If you have kids that like to do their own thing or just like to be social this is by far the number one resort in St. Lucia to go to.

3  Thank CraigEW2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Slow arrival-thru customs--upon arrival, slow to check in due to amount of people checking in--Linnetta was very helpful--she tried her best to help us upgrade--she asked assistance from manager Ed, hopefully tomorrow this will occur.
Dinner was in the "buffet", excellent service from Nelly!!! So thoughtful and attentive.
More reviews later in the seven day holiday.
A. Moss

Room Tip: Harmony "adult" side upper level.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Annette M
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My self and my wife stayed here at the end of June for 2 weeks, it was to celebrate my 50th birthday. I would like to give a big thank-you to Ed and Kemeisha our rep for making our stay such a wonderful one. Ed was so helpful and we appreciated all his help. From the moment we arrived at the resort the staff were very helpful and friendly .We stayed on the harmony side in a 3rd floor room which was very tranquil and relaxing. Our housekeeper Pearl was fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for her you just had to leave her a little note on the pad and she would take care of it. We used all the restaurant and the food was really good. We'd like to thank Hannah from Harmony breakfast, who was great, Denny and Yolo from Capri, Dillon & Jimmy from the Bar, also Big Ted, Nax and Mitch these were the people who we got to know more and they were so funny and entertaining. The whole hotel's staff are fantastic a big thank you for a WONDERFUL STAY, Mark you should be so proud of all your staff you have a great team behind you. Would certainly return especially to see all the up and coming changes taking shape there. Once again a lovely stay Paul & Tina

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Stonefield Villa Resort
Stonefield Villa Resort
#6 of 11 in Soufriere
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!