I can see there has been many positive reviews of this resort which is why we chose to stay here. I can only give you my personal experience from staying in room 103.
First the positives:
Overall resort is ok, the kids enjoyed the waterpark
Breakfast was excellent, lots of choice
Lunch choice was good
Snack bar was open all the time which was good when the kids got peckish
Now for the negatives:
We booked a Garden view room which we subsequently found out were ALL on the ground floor. The main problem with this is there are no nets in the window and with a main pathway in front of the patio doors meant you had absolutely no privacy whatsoever and we had to keep the curtains closed (which were filthy). The room decor is extremely dated and had a strong damp smell, this was very noticeable as soon as you walked through the door, it just felt really grubby and dark. There is no bath tub to wash young children so you will need to sit them in the shower cubicle with a curtain which leaks everywhere.
For 2 of the 3 nights that we were there they had 2 functions set up on the lawn directly outside our window. One was a huge barbeque night which was literally around 5 metres from our door, so another fun couple of hours keeping the curtains closed unless we wanted every man and his dog looking in the room. It was like being in a damp depressing cave. The room was also situated next to wooden stairs to access other floors and often you would hear drunk people shouting and clattering around which woke us up constantly for the 3 nights we were there. Where we were situated was certainly not family friendly. Make sure you go for the rooms on the outer edge away from the centre of the resort, it should be much quieter there.
We asked to be moved and would have been happy to pay for an upgrade but there were no rooms available and were told to keep going back at different times to check availability. I think if we were on the Harmony side we would have had a much better experience as all the rooms have been refurbished - but the money has been invested on the couples only side. Splash (the family side) is in a time warp.
The beach was a no go zone as it was covered in seaweed and 2 tractors were constantly going up and down trying to clear it.
We decided that we had no choice but to transfer to another hotel as we just couldn't bear to stay there any longer. I have read some of the managers feedback and I am expecting a strongly worded response but as I said this was OUR experience of staying in room 103 and quite frankly it was awful.
After being charged a £300 cancellation fee by the hotel we transferred to St James Club further up north. Thankfully it turned out to be a fabulous resort so my advice is if you get the chance, change it before you end up in 103!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, complimentary WIFI, 4 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Expedia, Holiday Gems, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort