All reviewsmueslifruit treeshome baked breadhome madenew zealandhomemade breakfastbreakfast tablecoromandel townhome grown producefresh flowers in our roomfreshly squeezed orange juicereceived a warm welcomedelightful homelovely settingoverlooking the gardenpretty gardena great place to stay
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Robin provided a fantastic B & B service. Immaculate house/rooms & prolific home grown & made goodies in the form of breads, jams, baked fruit. Attention to detail, flowers from the garden.
Not to mention that Kiwi friendliness, lots of great advice on the local area, even arranged for me to go walking on another property in the area. Thanks for a great stay Robin !

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My buddy Ron & I had a super stay at Robin's Homestay Jacaranda Lodge. The combination of a beautifully equipped and lovingly kept home with the delicious breakfast, with a Kiwi friendliness was perfect. Robin even recommended George Harrison (ex-Beatle) tribute film which was showing to raise money for a good cause in the village hall. I would certainly stay with her again if holidaying in Coromandel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I had an absolutely magic stay at the Jacaranda Lodge. My room was spotlessly clean and Robin took all the time needed to explain to me where to go and what to see. She bakes her own bread and you get fruit from the garden and homemade jams etc. I can't thank her enough for the good time I had there. It really felt like home for me.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Robin owns and runs this beautiful working farm/ranch just outside Coromandel (the town). She is an energetic woman with a beautiful home with rooms up and downstairs, a grand and comfortable living room and a self-serve kitchen for early morning/afternoon/late night coffee/tea/biscuits available. The front of the house has a comfortable veranda for relaxing and enjoying the scenery. The house is set back quite a distance from the road with trees and gardens that surround the house so it is quite pleasant to relax there. My sister and I shared a bedroom upstairs (bath across the hall). The decor is fresh and in keeping with the style of the home. The rooms are all beautiful. Our beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was served on the back patio with fresh everything! Fruits, jams, chutney and flowers were all from the garden or surrounding neighbors' gardens. Before we left, Robin even helped us search for our next night's stay in Waitakere (using Trip Advisor, of course!), and then she met us for lunch in Thames since we were all heading that direction. You will not be disappointed with your stay at the Jacaranda Lodge! (I used 2 different cameras & my phone for pics - found some exterior pics and will post interior pics when I find them, but trust me, it's wonderful!)

Room Tip: All rooms looked comfortable! Far enough from the main road that both front and rear rooms are equal.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2013

The proprietor was an energetic and talented cook, gardener and font of information. She had a spotless guest house. Delicious home grown produce graced many dishes on the beautifully set patio table for breakfast as well as having freshly laid eggs cooked to order. I would happily return to this homey and clean bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends