All reviews muesli fruit trees home baked bread home made new zealand breakfast table coromandel town home grown produce fresh flowers in our room freshly squeezed orange juice breakfast was delicious delightful home lovely setting pretty garden a great place to stay perfect hosts own bathroom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Last year, Mum and I decided to go to Coromandel for a holiday. I remember Mum looking on lots of websites to find a good place to stay. Then she finally found Jacaranda, and she just told me "We are staying at a Bed and Breakfast!" I had never been to a B&B before, so I was a bit nervous. Then we got there, and I remember Robin was so lovely and welcoming and we simply adored our room. There were beautiful flowers from Robin's garden and it made me feel as if I was at home! We didn't hear any noise from the other guests, and didn't run into them too much. And the breakfast was just a whole new experience. We met the other guests, and it was wonderful to hear about their different backgrounds. I think even one of them was from America! The breakfast was made out of food grown on the premises, and it amazed me how Robin had all these fruit trees and chickens at her backyard. Robin told us all these amazing places where we could go to and we enjoyed them all thoroughly. So overall, we had a truly amazing stay at Jacaranda Lodge, and this year we did the same thing again. Loved it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We needed a place to stay in Coromandel after spending Christmas Day with family nearby. Jacaranda was the ideal place for us. The welcome was warm with immediate introductions to the other guests. Our room was spacious and comfortable, bathroom and toilet not far away. Though shared we didn't run into any other guests using the facilities during our stay. Everything was spotlessly clean and prepared with thought from the lavender sprigs in the bathroom to the vase of colourful fresh flowers in our room. Breakfast was a treat - copious and fresh with almost everything on the table grown and made on the premises. Robin presided over the breakfast table making sure guests were fully informed of their options for the day. Locals came and went,, helping either with cleaning chores or gardening and clearly everyone felt very much at home. The B&B is set on a large property with flowers, fruit trees and vegetables grown. The whole was very neat and tidy and welcoming. We will stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms with en suite are available, as well as cheaper accommodation. sharing facilities.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013

A really great B&B. Robin is an energetic and welcoming host with an excellent knowledge of the local area which she's happy to share with guests. The house (including the rooms) is very comfortable and I felt right at home straight away. It has a large, attractive garden where Robin grows much of the food she serves guests and being just a short drive from Coromandel town means it is conveniently located too.

If you're visiting the west, north or north east coast of Coromandel then stay here!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave K
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This B&B is like being home from home. Robin is so wonderfully welcoming and knowledgable. Her home is so comfortable and homely and the gardens well tendered. The whole premises was exceptionally clean and tidy. Robin has the be the best hostess! She provides a wonderful array of home produce at her table, it's really a feast to the eye and mouth-wateringly good. Her passion for travel and meeting new and interesting people really shines through making her a very interesting character and a pleasure to talk and listen too. I highly recommend Robins tranquil home for a few nights rest and peace and quiet. Fabulous!

Room Tip: The blue room was very comfortable with fabulous views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My partner and I spent two days recently at Jacaranda Lodge. It is one of the friendliest places I have been. Robin is very generous with the variety and fresh garden treats on the table along with a huge choice for breakfast catering for gluten free etc. She is an informative hostess and obviously knows the local area and people very well. We were impressed with the high standards of cleanliness and tidiness of the place, with lots of spaces for guests to prepare a meal, sit in comfort to watch TV, or to relax on any of the verandahs around the house. A wonderful stay and I highly recommend Jacaranda Lodge.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms have wonderful views especially of the sunsets and the rolling hills and bush nearby.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple