All reviews muesli home baked bread new zealand home made breakfast table coromandel town home grown produce fresh flowers in our room freshly squeezed orange juice breakfast was delicious received a warm welcome lovely setting home from home overlooking the garden pretty garden each morning own bathroom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Jacaranda Lodge is a smart, clean and comfortable B&B. Set amongst a small private farm in the countryside, it a great place to relax on the Coromandel. The breakfast is excellent. Robin is a warm and welcoming host, although she can be a bit bossy in laying down the rules.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is a wponderful stylish B&B in the middle of the country, 5 minutes from the coastal town of Coromandel. The guest Robin is an extremely kind and sharing lady who has a wonderful orchard and garden the fruits of whose you will eat for the healthy Fresh breakfast served on the patio. Fresh fruits and jams and warm bread produced by Robin on the spot! The rooms are romantic, super well managed and clean, spacious, the beds are extremely comfortable, the sleep undisturbed! A peaceful, extremely well located accommodation for a restful, joyful and unforgettable holiday!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and have view on the surroundings!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014

From the moment we drove into the driveway, everything about Jacaranda Lodge was perfect. It was beautiful and peaceful surrounded by amazing fruit trees and flowers (all done by Robin herself) and with cows and chickens kept nicely on the property.

We were provided with a spacious and beautiful room for my husband and I and Robin kindly made it up everyday for the 2 days we were there. The bathroom was pristine and sparking clean and the kitchen was equipped with every thing we need.

Breakfast was a treat each morning with Robin providing healthy home-made food. We even had a chance to feed the chickens and cows and what a delight that was! Robin is also so knowledgable that we kinda planned our trip in Coromandel around her recommendations.

Definitely a home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We loved our five nights spent in Robin's immaculately presented B&B. Robin was so warm and welcoming and made us feel right at home upon arrival. As we were first time visitors to the area, she was very helpful with offering suggestions for what to see and do, and we were so glad we followed her advice. Our room was lovely with an old-fashioned touch and beautiful views over farmland. Breakfast was always plentiful and delicious, with almost everything homemade and from Robin's garden. We especially enjoyed the fresh juice, breads and preserves. The location was great, being just out of the Coromandel township. We would recommend Jacaranda Lodge as a very comfortable and homely B&B in an amazing area with so many places to visit.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Last year, Mum and I decided to go to Coromandel for a holiday. I remember Mum looking on lots of websites to find a good place to stay. Then she finally found Jacaranda, and she just told me "We are staying at a Bed and Breakfast!" I had never been to a B&B before, so I was a bit nervous. Then we got there, and I remember Robin was so lovely and welcoming and we simply adored our room. There were beautiful flowers from Robin's garden and it made me feel as if I was at home! We didn't hear any noise from the other guests, and didn't run into them too much. And the breakfast was just a whole new experience. We met the other guests, and it was wonderful to hear about their different backgrounds. I think even one of them was from America! The breakfast was made out of food grown on the premises, and it amazed me how Robin had all these fruit trees and chickens at her backyard. Robin told us all these amazing places where we could go to and we enjoyed them all thoroughly. So overall, we had a truly amazing stay at Jacaranda Lodge, and this year we did the same thing again. Loved it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family