“Where is the Lure?”

Cuisines: International
Description: Right in centre of town above the main pub in town
Description: Right in centre of town above the main pub in town
Reviewed 31 March 2012

When we enquired at the Coromandel I-Site the lady said that Lure had closed and recommended another restaurant ( Pepper Tree ) just down the road . After we returned from our holiday I doubled checked to make sure that there wasn't some miscommunication and we were there on a day when they were not opened. Nope. Triple checked by going to their website. No luck. The last of the two tripadvisor reviews of Lure was May 2010. Also, its still listed in my guidebook ( admittedly an older edition). So if you're in Coromandel don't bother looking for Lure.

Reviewed 2 May 2010

Took a day trip to Coromandel and with little else to do decided a long lunch would kill a few hours. Selected Lure as the most inviting looking of the options available and had a very fine lunch of local oysters (Coromandel Oysters are not particularly flavorsome or memorable) and local mussels. The mussels were exceptional bsolutely fresh in a savory broth and nicely served by the owner who's mother does the cooking. A pretty little deck gives one a view of the bay. A few decent wines to drink. Highly recommend this place should you find yourself in this remote location. Everything about it was honest. Too bad about the other review but having met the owners I am sure they were just obeying the law... or so I assume.

1  Thank Wine_Merchant