“Best burgers in Coromandel”
Review of Castle Rock Cafe

Ranked #17 of 25 Restaurants in Coromandel
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 August 2014

On a road trip called ahead for takeaway burgers and fries. The fries were the best I have had in a long time.
As for the Castle Rock burger, make sure you are hungry it is huge and deli.cious

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Very friendly staff and all food is home made. A very welcoming environment and green outlook from the outside tables. If you phone ahead thet'll have your food ready for you to eat in or take away.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were staying at Whangapoua and had lunch here on our last day. We were so disappointed we hadn't come here earlier during our stay because we definitely would have returned. The owner was very friendly and accommodating. We had a wonderful lunch on the deck. The food was fabulous. The mushrooms on toast were amazing as were the salads and burgers. My son asked if they had chocolate chip pancakes and the owner said no problem, I can make those for you - and he did and they were delicious. I highly recommend stopping here for lunch or a coffee if you are in the area!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We found this cafe by good fortune while travelling from Whitianga to Coromandel Town. Superb cakes (best banana and chocolate cheesecake we've ever tasted) and coffee but we also browsed their vinegars and chutneys. Couldn't resist buying a couple.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Not only is the food great here, but they also make and sell some of the best vinegars and chutneys you will ever get to taste. And yes you can taste before you but as they have a sample room. Andy and Shelly are great hosts and make all their customers welcome. On the day I visited with friends from Whangarei, I had the "All Day Breakfast", and believe me it was the best breakfast I have ever had. My wife had corn fritters which she enjoyed. If you are travelling between Coromandel Town and Whitianga, you should visit and sample their wonderful food.