“Worth a stop.”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Whakatane
Launceston, Australia
“Worth a stop.”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this establishment.It is an older style motel from the outside but the inside is very nicely updated.The owner was very helpful and spent time giving us a map of great places to visit on our only afternoon in Whakatane. A good size room & kitchenette
A little traffic noise only.

Room Tip: No 5 at the back
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
gotokojo, Owner at Tourist Court Motel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your positive comments. It is a pity that you had such a short time in our beautiful region.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Wanaka, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My friend and I stayed at this motel for one night during a week long road trip. We soon discovered that this motel was an excellent choice, and the owners had made every effort to make our stay a very comfortable one.

The proprietor, Wayne, was very friendly, welcoming, and a wealth of knowledge re suggestions of what to see and do in Whakatane and beyond.

Everything you would expect and more was provided in the motel room. Reading previous posts, the road noise and location were raised by some guests. Neither my friend nor I noticed the road noise, and the location was great. I would particularly recommend the river walk into the town centre.

In summary, a fantastic stay. Would have no hesitation in recommending this option to all travellers to beautiful Whakatane.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
gotokojo, Owner at Tourist Court Motel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your generous comments. It is great to have such a wonderful review by a seasoned traveller. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy some of the fantastic features of this magical region.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We had the pleasure to stay in this Motel for 3 nights in Oct 2013. It was a memorable stay. Place was neat and tidy, and the location is good. To top it all, Wayne & Karenne are friendly and accommodating. You can't ask for more !

Room Tip: State you preference to Wayne or Karenne !
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
gotokojo, Owner at Tourist Court Motel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thanks for your positive review. It was a pleasure to meet the three of you and spend time comparing places we have travelled to. You certainly make the most of your time in countries you visit. Hope the golf was up to your expectations as the views make up for poor shots. We really enjoyed you meals and great company.
Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I'll start off by saying that these guys are Dog Friendly! I wanted to spend time in Whakatane, but I had my dog to consider, I called around to many places, but no one would allow dogs; even the holiday parks wouldn't allow them in the cabins. But Wayne was so nice and he was happy to let my small dog into the motel room. It was only $20 extra for shampooing the carpets after we left. This showed me that they take good care in cleaning their rooms, so I was happy to pay it. Once I got there I could see that Wayne and Karenne take great care cleaning the rooms and the motel in general. Great location, and staff helpful to show us a great spot to take the dog.

Room Tip: If you have a dog ask for room one as you can take your dog behind the other units where there is gr...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
gotokojo, Owner at Tourist Court Motel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thanks for your positive comments. We endeavour to make everyone's stay an enjoyable one.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I had a wonderful time at this motel. The owners were very friendly and coordinated transportation for me to and from my trips in and around the city. That was a HUGE help, considering I did not have a car. On my last evening, they even took me on an impromptu trip to a Ohope Beach because I hadn't had the chance to make it there. They took me to all of the scenic spots and then waited in their car on the beach while I explored the beach for a little while. They provided a great breakfast. The rooms were very large and some of the most comfortable I've ever had.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
gotokojo, Owner at Tourist Court Motel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments. It is always a pleasure to help visitors enjoy our magic region.
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I recently stayed there after my 6 year old son had a minor operation at Whakatane hospital. They were very kind and flexible with our ever changing circumstances. They heated the room up for us so my son didnt have to go into a cold room, they went the extra mile in making sure both of us were ok. My husband was unable to be with us due to work commitments so I really appreciated the extra care. Right down to wiping my car windows the next morning before we headed off for home. Very friendly, accommodating, and caring. Thank you, I really appreciated it :)

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
gotokojo, Owner at Tourist Court Motel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your generous comments. We always try to make our guests feel comfortable especially when their circumstances are not pleasant.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I had a funeral to attend in town and Tourist Court was not only the cheapest but they also allowed me to bring my small dog. A couple of other family members booked there too and they were very accommodating and even though he had some people stay on we all got the perfect rooms for our requirements. This is possibly the cleanest place I've stayed, even though it's older it's impeccably kept which makes all the difference. They added a $20 cleaning fee for the dog, but that's understandable, it was still great value for money. I have no hesitation in recommending this motel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
gotokojo, Owner at Tourist Court Motel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your positive comments. We always try to make our guests feel at home.