“Outback Trek - Brilliant”
Review of TuiGlen Farm - CLOSED

TuiGlen Farm
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My 8 year old daughter and I (complete novices) signed up for the Outback Trek for a reward for her hard work at school. We were well looked after right from the first email, and given horses to match our (lack of) ability. The Outback Trek was just brilliant, a variety of landscapes, paddocks, bush, hills, even stream crossings. It felt like a proper adventure, exciting but manageable. We're already planning our next trip! Our 5 year old even enjoyed a pony ride while waiting.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Do not look past Tui Glen they are the best!. After a hard fall off a trek horse in the past, from a popular trek company in Te Puke, it was with many nerves I decided to have another go.
From the onset my mind was put at rest by both the helpful owner and the well trained guides who gave great instruction and continued to check on us all. The scenery was stunning and varied including rolling meadow, berry patch, gorgeous bush and a great river walk which I have never experienced and loved. The lovely manners of these horses are a real credit to this company and my 12year old daughter was on a bubbly high for hours after ride. I thoroughly recommend Tui Glen as they have been great therapy for me and will give you a awesome and safe ride.Will be back next year for the picnic option :)

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

After hearing from friends about a horse trekking business in Kawerau, only thirty minutes from my home in Matata, I thought it would be a fun activity. On arrival I was greeted by staff in a friendly and professional manner who easily began to calm my nerves. After a few quick tips from KJ we set out on the 1 hour outback trek. Immediately displaying fantastic views of the farm and wildlife, with an amazing ride through the river to finish. Through out the trek the guides were more then happy to answer my 20 questions of nerves but never stopped asking me if I was okay, and reassuring me that my fellow horse buddy would not put a foot wrong. The trek was an amazing experience and I recommend it to all. The horses and great and the staff just as good!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We had a great ride through the stunning landscape and an exciting canter up the hill! Thank you for the awesome day to tuiglen team and to my Pony Phoenix :)