A truly heavenly experience. Maldives is like a dream. The beaches and water here are gorgeous. A view that takes your breath away no matter how many times you look at it. We were here for our honeymoon and we have no regrets. It is like living in a dream. However I do think there are a few things which the management can look into improving:
1. Service - local Maldivian staffs were great. They were polite and helpful. However I noticed that some of the staffs at the reception and Jahaz restaurant tend to treat Caucasians better than Asians. I do not expect this from a 5 star resort. Every guest deserves similar treatment and hospitality.
2. Food - generally very overpriced especially Jahaz buffet. It cost us USD 100 per pax which shocked us!Meeru was way better option and value. Jing was expensive but the set up was lovely so we didn't feel that ripped off. Stay away from Jahaz buffet.
3. Reception - when we arrived, we did not get the kinda welcome
we expect from a 5 star resort. We did not even get a welcome drink while waiting for someone to attend to us. Btw we were the only couple that checked in during that time. The next day, we saw some guests arriving and they were all given a welcome drink. Guess what, they were all Caucasians and it was a large group. This obviously wasn't suppose to happen
4. Whale shark excursion - extremely expensive.
5. No butler service. For the same price or lesser, some resorts provide personal butler service.
A few things which I would like to give special mention are:
1. Meeru - My favourite restaurant. Food were good. The desserts were delayed but the staffs were kind enough to waive them from the bill. Nice gesture
2. Jing - Lovely set up and attentive staff. A local Maldivian staff kept attending to us and kept chatting with us. Courteous and attentive.
3. Water villas - Absolutely gorgeous and cleaned twice a
day. Cable TV has lotsa options too.
4. Buggy service - prompt and fast
5. Arrival and departure - Seamless and efficient without having to wait long. The waiting lounge in Male was comfortable and definitely a nice touch. Seaplane came half an hour later than scheduled on the day of departure. It would have been nice if the reception had informed us earlier so we didn't need to rush to check out and spent a little bit more time in the lovely villa.
Overall, we are still satisfied and is truly a memorable experience and vacation. I can't think of a better way to splurge for our honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious hideaway, intimate and magical setting; choose from one of the 57 Water Villas, 10 Beach Villas, 10 Family Beach Villas, 8 Double Storey Beach Villas or the lavish Presidential Beach Villa at Constance Halaveli Maldives. Experience luxury living at Constance Halaveli and enjoy the hotel’s private island setting in the Maldives’ North Ari Atoll. Stroll down white sandy beaches and swim in turquoise water teeming with colourful marine life while children can unleash their spirit of adventure at the Constance Kids Club. Lie back and relax on your own private sun terrace, dip in your own plunge pool, or take time to nurture body and mind at U Spa by Constance.Floating in the North Ari atoll and shaped like a curved Dhoni; (Maldivian boat) Constance Halaveli is a magical place where water and sand lie in contrast to the exuberant green foliage. Indulge in fine food and sumptuous flavours at Jahaz, Jing and Meeru restaurants For palate pleasing cocktails; divine vinous experiences, step in Jahaz, Jing Bar & Wine Cellars Be prepared for a memorable escape at Constance Halaveli Maldives! For ultimate comfort, all villas come with high raftered ceiling, their own private plunge pool and furnished terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Travel Republic (UK), DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Destinology, Agoda, Travelbag, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Constance Halaveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Halaveli Hotel Alifu Atoll