After lot of internet searches of resorts in Mauritius, Seychelles and Maldives, reading countless reviews on trip advisor and other travel websites, comparing prices, offers, packages, I chose Constance Halaveli for my honeymoon and decided to stay for a week.
I did not book through any travel website or tour agent. Usually people take help from travel agents to keep themselves away from all the problems and hassles of contacting and dealing with the hotel directly. But with Constance, I had a very different experience. I contacted the reservations directly and right from day 1, the whole Constance teams was very helpful and prompts with their responses. Everyone answered to my queries in details.
When we arrived in Male, we were greeted by Constance Halaveli staff and were requested to take a seat in their shuttle which was heading to Constance Lounge in the airport next to air taxi terminal. What about our luggage? Response was, "Do not worry Sir. We will take care of it. You had a long trip and I would like you to relax and have a Constance experience." Me and my wife were very pleased with the service till now and were waiting for what’s coming next. We were taken to the Lounge for refreshments and it was not long when we were told that the air taxi is ready for Halaveli. We were escorted to the air taxi. Trip from airport to the resort in air taxi was fun but it was very noisy.
At Halaveli, whole team was there to greet and welcome us. We were in our villa in 15 minutes. I booked over water villa and requested for one at the end of the jetty.
Bottle of sparkling wine was waiting for us, with fresh fruits, and the bed was beautifully decorated. Villas are heaven. Sea was beautiful from the deck. Don’t hesitate to call the reception any time of the day or night for any request or for a drop to spa or to any of the restaurants. Some days, we walked from our villa to Jahaz for breakfasts. Weather was awesome during our stay, with light breeze all evening. It rained for couple of days but it did not spoil our trip as we just stayed in our room and enjoyed the in villa service and hospitality. We used to have a heavy breakfast and then have some snacks at the poolside bar in the evening and then dinner from In Villa dinning menu. Best about In Villa dinning is its 24 hour service. The food was quick and was just a call away.
Water villas have a private pool and access to water for snorkeling. You can get snorkeling kit from the dive center for free. Wife did snorkeling with help from an instructor and she loved the experience. One of the water activity was not available as the speed boat was out for some repairs, we were given a complimentary water activity. It came to me as a surprise when I walked to the water sport center to sign for the payments. The same afternoon, when we returned to our villa, our bathtub was decorated with rose petals. We got complementary spa, and it was so relaxing....These small gestures from the hotel, and management won our heart and we will always remember our stay in Halaveli.
Reservation desk was also helpful in providing details about the air taxi service and what time they will not be available. I planned and booked my flights accordingly so that we do not have to stay in the airport for long. I still follow the reviews in trip advisor, reading about people's experience and remembering my time in Halaveli. I see lot of people complain about air taxi service not available during a time of the day. One can definitely plan it accordingly and can skip away from this problem.
Some of cons but definitely not taking away review points from me as overall experience was amazing and planned the trip with thorough research,
- We did not go for sunset cruise or whale shark excursions as it was way expensive.
- We did not opt for half/fully board service as it was $200. When I checked the In Villa dining menu, for two of us, one time meal was coming up less than $80.
- I requested to speak to the GM when one of the staff members denied providing us with a room freshener. She said, room fresheners are not allowed in the resort. I could not stop laughing but at the end, when I spoke with the GM, one was provided to us on the same day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious hideaway, intimate and magical setting; choose from one of the 57 Water Villas, 10 Beach Villas, 10 Family Beach Villas, 8 Double Storey Beach Villas or the lavish Presidential Beach Villa at Constance Halaveli Maldives. Experience luxury living at Constance Halaveli and enjoy the hotel’s private island setting in the Maldives’ North Ari Atoll. Stroll down white sandy beaches and swim in turquoise water teeming with colourful marine life while children can unleash their spirit of adventure at the Constance Kids Club. Lie back and relax on your own private sun terrace, dip in your own plunge pool, or take time to nurture body and mind at U Spa by Constance.Floating in the North Ari atoll and shaped like a curved Dhoni; (Maldivian boat) Constance Halaveli is a magical place where water and sand lie in contrast to the exuberant green foliage. Indulge in fine food and sumptuous flavours at Jahaz, Jing and Meeru restaurants For palate pleasing cocktails; divine vinous experiences, step in Jahaz, Jing Bar & Wine Cellars Be prepared for a memorable escape at Constance Halaveli Maldives! For ultimate comfort, all villas come with high raftered ceiling, their own private plunge pool and furnished terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelbag, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Constance Halaveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Halaveli Hotel Alifu Atoll