Had the most amazing and romantic honeymoon in Halaveli. I would return in a heart beat if I could afford to - maybe 5 year wedding anniversary. We stayed in a watervillia and I was extremely impressed with how large and luxurious it was, as well as the privacy from the neighbouring villas. It was really nice to have our own small pool overlooking the beautiful turquoise waters and then to be able to pop into the sea for a swim or snorkel whenever we wanted. The water was very calm around our watervilla and there was plenty of marine life to admire.
The food was also great on the island. And with two restaurants on the beach and one in the watervillia village, the setting couldn't have been more romantic and beautiful. We went half board, but ate in the main buffet restaurant only two or three nights out of eight. If you want to eat in either Jing or Meeru restaurants instead of the main buffet, they hotel gives you $55 credit per person at the other restaurants. I thought this was very reasonable. The main expense is alcohol really. We usually got a bottle of wine at dinner each evening and the cheapest wine on the menu was $40. Over 8 days, we spend around 800euro on extras (including a snorkling trip which was superb, and my husband had one private windsurfing lesson).
I would highly recommend the Constance Halaveli to anyone looking to escape..... the description "luxury hideaway" sums up the experience. We were both extremely relaxed from the moment we arrived. The staff were all absolutely lovely and very accommodating.
It really was paradise!
Just some notes... for what (or what not) to bring with you... if it is any help to anyone:
- waterproof factor 50
- water/surf booties
- good book
- sun hat for her and him
- sandals (day and night)
No Need to Bring:
- no need for any more than $30 in cash as everything is charged to bill, including service charge.
- no need for high heels or even high wedges
- no need for cocktail dresses
- no need for insect repellent (as the fog the island nightly)
- no need for plug adaptors
- no need to bring your own snorkel equipment as you can borrow them for free for the length of your stay
- cardigans / jumper as it's very warm even in the evenings
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious hideaway, intimate and magical setting; choose from one of the 57 Water Villas, 10 Beach Villas, 10 Family Beach Villas, 8 Double Storey Beach Villas or the lavish Presidential Beach Villa at Constance Halaveli Maldives. Experience luxury living at Constance Halaveli and enjoy the hotel’s private island setting in the Maldives’ North Ari Atoll. Stroll down white sandy beaches and swim in turquoise water teeming with colourful marine life while children can unleash their spirit of adventure at the Constance Kids Club. Lie back and relax on your own private sun terrace, dip in your own plunge pool, or take time to nurture body and mind at U Spa by Constance.Floating in the North Ari atoll and shaped like a curved Dhoni; (Maldivian boat) Constance Halaveli is a magical place where water and sand lie in contrast to the exuberant green foliage. Indulge in fine food and sumptuous flavours at Jahaz, Jing and Meeru restaurants For palate pleasing cocktails; divine vinous experiences, step in Jahaz, Jing Bar & Wine Cellars Be prepared for a memorable escape at Constance Halaveli Maldives! For ultimate comfort, all villas come with high raftered ceiling, their own private plunge pool and furnished terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, MrandMrsSmith, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Destinology, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Constance Halaveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Halaveli Hotel Alifu Atoll