Wife son and I booked a family room with bed and breakfast and dinner. Arrived at 3pm - played pool which my son enjoyed and had a drink in bar. Got keys to room which was well sized though the view was of the car park, from the ground floor so people walking by really see right in this room. Curtains had to be drawn for some privacy.
We then used the pool which is larger than most hotels, and has steam room, sauna and jacuzzi. Great.
Our dinner was exceptional, followed with drinks infront of a roaring fire.
Breakfast the next morning was great also.
We never really explored the grounds but they look lovely.
The staff were excellent at all times and very good with my son.
Would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within the breath-taking scenery of The Trossachs, Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa provides a luxurious getaway right on your doorstep. Our hotel in Aberfoyle is located just 20 minutes from Stirling, 40 minutes from Glasgow and less than an hour from Edinburgh, offering the perfect retreat from city life. Indulge in award-winning dining in the Garden Restaurant, or enjoy a delicious afternoon tea on the terrace while watching over Lake Ard. Our sumptuous spa is just the thing if you need to relax, with a fabulous selection of Elemis treatments on offer or, for the more adventurous, why not take to the surrounding hills or venture out on to the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel Aberfoyle
- Macdonald Forest Hills Aberfoyle
- Forest Hills Hotel