Stayed here through a great deal online for 2 nights mid week.
Double room was massive, and although could do with a little facelift it's evident most of the hotel has been refurbed recently.
Facilities are excellent with a lovely steam room, jacuzzi, pool and sauna which was mostly quiet when we were there. Really lovely.
Staff were very helpful and friendly, and the food in both the main restaurant and bar menu was excellent.
Hotel is right on the loch with beautiful scenery, just a few mins walk is a lovely little tea shop and plenty cycling and waking routes around too.
Would definitely return as we had such a lovely break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within the breath-taking scenery of The Trossachs, Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa provides a luxurious getaway right on your doorstep. Our hotel in Aberfoyle is located just 20 minutes from Stirling, 40 minutes from Glasgow and less than an hour from Edinburgh, offering the perfect retreat from city life. Indulge in award-winning dining in the Garden Restaurant, or enjoy a delicious afternoon tea on the terrace while watching over Lake Ard. Our sumptuous spa is just the thing if you need to relax, with a fabulous selection of Elemis treatments on offer or, for the more adventurous, why not take to the surrounding hills or venture out on to the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel Aberfoyle
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Forest Hills Aberfoyle
- Forest Hills Hotel