“Fantastic, 11yr old son and 9 yr old daughter plus parents”

Hotel Monachus & spa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Evrenseki
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Just got back from Monachus Park stayed for a week from 21st Aug 2010. Flew with Freebird Airlines which was fine, kind of Turkish Easyjet. Flew back with Monarch which was also fine.
I would say that the clientele was 70% German, 20% UK, 10% other. Because of this a lot was aimed towards the German market but everything was spoken with English so it did not cause any hassle. I didn't feel that the German population held any issues for us at all, didn't find them rude and didn't notice any pushing in or towels on sunbed problems. One evening there was a show called the 100 Jahre show. This was interesting but everytime there was a major German event like them winning the World cup they all clapped and cheered, this was a little scary, although when England won the cup, they were quite quiet.
The food was wonderful, such a selection in a lovely air conditioned restaurant. There was outdoor eating but I think you would only choose this if you smoked, and a message for all those with children, who made them sit outside whilst eating and smoking, you should have more respect for your child, other children and their well being.

Foods available were - meat, veg, salad, rice, pasta, chips, soup, fruit, breads, pizza, fish etc.

There are 2 types of people when it came to the food on offer.

1. Sensible - Choose a type of food each time. For example - Start with soup or salad, then have a pasta based dish, then have fruit and pudding. My wife chose this option.

2. Greedy - There were possibly, 20 - 30 different options on salad bar and 20 options on mains. Then 20 on puddings. I fell into this category so I would generally put a little of everything on my plate, I usually needed 2 plates to cover everything, I don't do puddings so made up for it with the other foods.

Everything was cooked well and kept hot, there were meats on big joints with chefs ripping pieces of meats off with gloved hands and putting the pieces on your plates, I absolutely loved this. There was always a pizza and fresh bread chef, and a salad bar chef chooping and dicing and carving fruit flowers.

As everyone says, there is no pork so at breakfast you get cold meats, cheese, cereals, fried and bolied eggs, omelettes, pancakes. Then there are other options sometimes beans sometimes, wieners made of some type of meat then typical Turkish dishes.
My kids had loads of crepes for breakfast, I had breads and jams and my wife had muesli.
I cannot think how it would be possible to have a big breakfast, then a big lunch finished by a big tea all the time doing nothing in between. I found it refreshing at breakfast to keep it simple.

The hotel has 2 parts, Monachus Park and Calimera. They are sister hotels next to each other and share everything, both are the same quality. I don't know about star ratings and I never go back to the same place twice because there are too many places to go but I would look forward to going back here. People say its not 5 or 4 star or its definitely 5 etc but I would say that we were left wanting for nothing, everything was clean, everyone was polite and helpful and the rooms looked new to me I would be quite happy feeling it was a 4 star or a 5 star. I booked feeling it was a 5 and saw nothing that would make me think otherwise.

The family room we had was more than I had imagined. It had a very large kingsize plus bed, with a set of bunk beds for the kids. The cupboards and tables were new with a tv that had one uk channel, luckily, No point going on hols to watch TV. There was a fridge in the room, it had a few free drinks but one they were gone it cost to restock, we never did restock. We took bottles of water from the dining room and kept them in the fridge.
The room was cleaned everyday, new bedding and towels every day which although was excessive was really nice.
The pools were great, there 2 main pools at each hotel, a slide pool at Monachus that was opened for 2 hours everyday and another pool at the fun park on the way to the beach. The fun park had a few activites like mini golf, a climbing wall, trampolines and gym equipment.
We never had any issues getting 4 sun beds at any time of day, although they wouldn't have been in prime spots they were fine.
Entertainment was good, not West End but entertaining and worth spending the evening watching with a few drinks.

All in all I would say that if you have booked to go you will enjoy it and if you are thinking of booking, go ahead and have a great time.

2  Thank KnightyBristol

Reviewed 26 August 2010

What can we say that you haven't heard before, nothing really, this really is a brilliant hotel. My husband, daughter and I went on hoiday with my sister, brother-in-law and nephew, the food was super, hotel brilliant and animation team fantastic. The only down side was that my husband, brother-in-law and nephew all got ear infections but the medication and advice from the local pharmacist was invaluable. Enterainment was mostly in german which can be a bit of a pain but the animation team do try really hard to get you all involved and contrary to earlier reviews the 'Lion King' show was performed in English and not German. Yesmir (mini club girl) was brilliant with my daughter who is 4 and they nicknamed her Cameron Dias as well as Paris which her uncle Paul also started :) We all had a briliant time and met some lovley people who we intend to keep in touch with. Value for money although the wellness centre was very expensive so shop around, having said that we will definately return to the Monachus Park and hopefully soon.

1  Thank lysicam
Reviewed 25 August 2010

The hotel was great. The all inclusive was amazing and the presentation of all the food was nothing short of superb. One evening they paraded a baked alaska around the restaurant then set it alight and served it to everyone. Myself and my son were quite adventurous with our food choices (you couldn't not try something new!) but my 5 year old daughter and husband pretty much lived on chips, spaghetti, rolls, cucumber and melon! We were only there for a week so it didn't really matter but the slightly fussy person would probably be restricted to food choices. In the morning all omlettes, eggs and pancakes were cooked in front of you to order and at lunch and dinner bread and pizza was continually being baked. All soft drinks, beer, wine and local spirits are included however the wine isn't that great but it didn't matter as I made up for it with vodka!! The cleanliness was amazing, as aoon as you had fiinished with a plate or glass it was taken away and any spillages were cleared immediately. The staff throughout this hotel were so polite and helpful and loved the kids (especially blonde ones!!). The animation team were absolutely brilliant. They genuinely adored the children that they had following them around all day and always tried to include everybody. The shows are pretty much all in german but as soon as they knew more Brits were there they did try very hard speak in more english. The Michael Jackson Ghosts show is a must and it's all in english!!! Well done to Anna the choreographer, she deserves a spot in the West End I think!! You don't need to bring beach towels as you are allocated a towel each on arrival that you can also take to the beach and if you want to change them for clean ones it costs 40 cents. The beach is lovely and so is the restaurant that you can also use your all inclusive at. It certainly makes a difference not having to lug bags with drinks and money in them! My daughter (age 5) was even allowed on the banana boat (7 euros each) and as they wouldn't capsize it we got a lovely 15 minute boat ride up and down the coast line! The 3 pools at the hotel were lovely and clean but the shallowest one was 1m 10cm and that was the one where the slides go into. The main pool is 1m 40cm all the way around. The slides are on for an hour in the morning and another hour in the afternoon. My only critcism would be that there is no lifeguard at this hotel and some children from other countries were not obeying pool rules so just be careful. One thing to be aware of is the temperature guage round the pool in that it does not register the heat as much as it should! We were informed by the rep that if the temp gets to 50C it is illegal to work and the pool didn't go above 42C however her car thermometer read 48C when the pool read 38C!!! Very hot but plenty of shady areas around the pool. We met some lovely families and my children met some great friends (Alex, Sam, Lewis, Amy, Josh, Olivia & Harrison!). Ice cream is served from 4pm until 4.30pm so get there early!!! It is also served at 11am at the beach restaurant. There is also another Monachus hotel next door that you can use the facilities of and they serve different flavours so if you time it correctly you can go from one to the other to get in 2 ice creams!! The rooms were really nice, we had 2 bedrooms, one double and one twin as well as a bathroom and balcony. Rooms were cleaned daily and the maids are well worthy of a tip! The hotel shop is a bit pricey but the shops out on the road are more reasonable but nothing has a price tag on it so do haggle!!! We took turkish lira but don't think I will bother next time, they want euros or sterling or basically anything will do!! They will give you a price in euros then double it for lira but works out ok. Would defintely go back here but also all the other hotels in this area also look just as good!!!

Reviewed 21 August 2010

this is the second time we have been the first time with teenagers and young children and this year just the young one got to say gets better and better hotel reception staff are friendly and do speak English the rooms are lovely and clean and with air con which is a god send at times room and towels cleaned daily if required free towels given at reception when checking in handy for the sun loungers but have to be up really early to get one the food is really good with themed nights and a beach party on the Saturday night which is fantastic the entertainment staff are worth there weight in gold good shows and excellent kids club pool side games for all the family the beach is a 5 min walk but on the way visit the fun park which is for use for monachus park which has two more pools and bar trampolines and bean bag loungers the beach restaurant is also good with a selection of meals u would get at the main restaurant beaches are lovely and clean and loads of sun loungers and also banana boats got to say for me to visit 2 years on the trot its got to be good would love to go next year but the prices are increasing dramatically over the years but is well worth it with new things being added there is alot of Germans but this year the English out ran them but we had no problems with them yes they are rude at times and dont understand the concept of queuing up for meals but rise above it of the 6 families we met all have said they would return again and i dont blame then fantastic is all ive got to say looking for a cheaper holiday for 20011 but they dont compare to the monachus from other reviews ive read im sure if you are stopping there you will have a great time

1  Thank sweetiekelly69
Reviewed 15 August 2010

The hotel was spotless and the staff where all very friendly and helpful. The pools where lovely and the beech was only 5mins walk away. The animation team especially Buffy, Antonio & Emre where all lovely and great with getting everyone to join in adults and children alike, they made the holiday alot of fun and an enjoyable time was had by all.
Although it is exceptionally hot in August there was plenty of sunshades around the pool for everyone and on the beech.
All in all we had a fabulous holiday and would definitely go back there again.

Reviewed 7 August 2010

Just returned from staying at the Monachus Park (Fri 6th Aug) and what can I say. Travelled with another family and the children were aged 13, 14, and two at 16 - all boys. The hotel was spotlessly clean, the food was great, lots of variety and something for everyone. The rooms were spacious and lots of hanging and drawer space. We had a poolside view so if you can, I would recommend this as you can also watch the shows at night from your room if you have small children. The animation team work long hours and are constantly on the go, there is always lots going on and if you don't want to join in, they leave you alone, all our children did something throughout the day all of the holiday. Antonio, Eefe and Tudge all very friendly as are the rest of the animation team. The shows at night are worth a visit, though alot of it is in German and more geared towards the Germans and Russians, however it is then translated into English by the 'main guy' who can speak at least 6/7 languages and is very helpful. We really enjoyed the shows and if you didn't want to go you just sat by the bar and chilled!!! The beach is well worth a visit and as it is just round the corner there is plenty going off there as well and lots of sunbeds. The watersports are reasonably priced, the boys went on the banana boat and paid 14 lira each, (about £7) which I thought was cheap compared to most holiday resorts. We didn't have any problem at all getting 6 sunbeds every day, there always seemed to be alot about, though alot of people did get up early to bag theirs!!! I would also recommend having a back massage, very relaxing and intense, wonderful. My friend did get bitten on the first night by mosquitos and suffered quite badly with these, but would recommend some spray just in case you suffer with bites. The air conditioning is a godsend as the heat was unbearable at times (though this is what we went for), but on an evening there was never any breeze and so you just sat and sweat all night. I would recommend this hotel for it's friendliness, cleanliness and space. We all had a ball and before we went checked the hotel out on Trip Advisor and found this very useful as it was highly recommended. Hope you have a good time like we did.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank shawzys
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I visited Monachus Park with my daughter and my 13 year old grandson. First impressions weren't great as the entrance to the hotel is quite plain and not all the reception staff speak great English and are easily distracted. We booked in and were shown to our room which we had a slight issue with (two females ans one 13 year old male given a double and a single bed). The staff were great and within 20 minutes we had a twin room with an extra bed. Rooms are ok with plenty of storage. The food in the restaurant was the usual all inclusive, breakfast was best with omlrttes made to order and fresh fried eggs, also a good choice of fresh fruits and cereal. Sunbeds are an issue and you had to be up with the birds to stand a chance, after 8am there were rarely any beds left but there were plenty on the beach which is a short walk away. Yes there are lots of Germans, Dutch and Russians at this hotel, but to be honest the only rudness I saw was from two Scottish men, other nationalities were polite and spoke to us in English. The best thing about this hotel was the animation team. Yes a lot is geared to other nationalities but all the children seemed to enjoy the mini disco and the majority of adult entertainment was international and ok for all. The animation team did their best to include everyone both daytime and evening, The pool games were fun and the aqua aerobics great. My grandson joined in everything he could and was encoureged by the team as he is a bit shy. They all worked tirelessly from 10am till late. Antonio who organised the darts tournament was really nice and Anya who did aqua aerobics was lovely. We had a lovely relaxing time and although I'd say this was a four star hotel I'd still recommend it as we had a lovely relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evrenseki
Commodore Elite Suites & Spa
Adalya Ocean Deluxe
#3 of 8 in Evrenseki
Seher Sun Palace Resort & Spa
Aydinbey King's Palace Spa & Resort

Been to Hotel Monachus & spa? Share your experiences!