“3 months later...”

Ranked #1 of 2 Middleton B&B and Inns
Camrose, Alberta, Canada
“3 months later...”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

HI! Even after all this time, thoughts of my Prince Valley Guesthouse stay, the Blue Mountains, and the generosity amply shown to me during my time in Jamaica continues to fill me with warmth. Even in this cool Canadian climate. Let me start off by saying that the patience, my host & dare I say new friend, Robert showed by giving directions and reassurances to my driver & I were muchly appreciated. I arrived after a long day of exploring and into the night, traversing roads that were way beyond anything I had ever experienced (why, even the off roading I've done up in these here parts don't compare!!) to find myself welcomed and truly made to feel at home with an indescribable view of the mountain side(s) at night. The lights ablaze create their own constellation!! It was magnificent. Breakfast and every meal I ate there after that was an affair to remember! Make no mistake, Wayne is a master in the kitchen!! And willing to show how he does it which is even better, for this foodie. I figure it must be the air, I wished I could stay forever and I just about did. Certainly twice if not longer than originally intended, that's for sure! The view, the atmosphere, the comfort and the pace was all a perfect fit for me. I had a "blond" moment and locked my wallet in the room, by golly if I didn't feel like that was everyone's priority to find it for me having thought I dropped it on the road. I must admit I was awfully embarrassed & relieved when I found it yet ever so grateful for the care I was shown at the time. It didn't stop there though, the care, it was prevelant the whole time. I felt safe. As a single white female, this is no small thing in a foreign country. I also climbed that mountain, yes Sir, I climbed the highest peak of the Caribbean, spending the night up in the clouds which has become a highlight of my life thus far, not too many people can stake claim on such a feat. It was phenomenal. Everything. The room with it's "own guests" - loved the lizards & complimentary colorful decor!! The passion fruit vine absolutely rocked my world with not only my favorite fruit but also by the gorgeous flowers themselves, opening at just the right moment beckoning to the ever present hummingbirds - awww man, what a delightful reminder just writing this now *sigh* and the reality of being present in some of the earth's most luscious surroundings. Seeing the sights, the views, meeting the people, eating the food, sleeping the sleep of the righteous was an experience I will be hard pressed to forget. As a matter o'fact, if I start to find that to happen, I will be sure to get myself back to reignite the sense of serenity and peace that I took away with me from my experience at Prince Valley. Nevermind some of the world's best coffee.... :o)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Miss_Mason
PRINCEVALLEY, Owner at Prince Valley Guest House, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Thank you for your delightful review! We are so happy you found Prince Valley Guest House, and the Blue Mountains, to be a warm and welcoming experience. We enjoyed having you visit us and hope someday you find your way back to our yard! Until then...Happy Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kingston
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I had a really rough week with work...and had the opportunity of spending one night there with the best company I could ever ask for. The drive was short, but long enough to leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind...only seeing the city in the distance between the mountain tops at various times on the way. Prince Valley Guest House turned out to be the perfect get-away. The food was healthy and great, the rooms were simple and comfortable...it was really back to basics without any loss of necessary ammenities. With the best company, the perfect temperature and the most gorgeous view of the stars, the night passed by so quickly. But not before I had a couple hours in the hammock in the bed room....oh my... The next day was even better, with a breath-taking view of the valley and a drop-jaw view of the fog covering the mountains around...I would recommend this to everyone who needs to forget about the stresses of city life, and for a time, re-engage LIFE!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
PRINCEVALLEY, Owner at Prince Valley Guest House, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Great having you visit! Hope you decide to come again to relax, unwind... or maybe even do a little hiking! The hills, and Prince Valley, are waiting for your return. :-)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We decided to headed to the mountains for a nice relaxing weekend getaway at Prince Valley Guesthouse.

Coming from Kingston, the ride was about an hour from Papine. The directions given by Bobby were easy to follow and we didn't get lost. The actual ride is a bit rough, so be careful especially driving alone, at night or after rains. You can arrange someone to pick you up for an additional charge or arrange alternative transportation.

We arrived and were greeted by Bobby, shown our room and the property. It's in a beautiful location overlooking the valley and surrounding community. The guesthouse has a really homey, rustic feel. All of the necessities are there, and then some. Our room had a fridge, microwave, table and chairs, hammock and lots of space to lounge about. There's hot water too. Linens and towels are provided.

The best part, however, is being outside. There's seating on the roof and on the main level that gives picturesque views of the valley. We sat out at night and enjoyed watching the stars and listening the music playing in the distance.

Overall a great experience perfect for a quick romantic getaway with that someone special or a retreat with a small group or friends or by yourself. I'm looking forward to returning again soon!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AbsoluteADT
Thank you for the wonderful review. We loved having you visit us and hope your next trip up into the Blue Mountains will be a bit longer of a stay...possibly get a chance to enjoy some hiking at Hollywell National Park! ...Happy Travels!
Reviewed 3 January 2013

My wife and I had a short but lovely experience at Prince Valley. The best part of the place for sure it's Bobby, the owner. He's a real character and true jamaican fellow. The place is located at the Prince Valley on the Blue Mountains, that's why the name. The rooms are clean and everything there has it's place. Very organized and beautiful hostel. We loved and wish we could spend more time talking and laughing with Bobby. The breakfast with coffee, breadfruit and abocado was delicious! I'd come back for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
PRINCEVALLEY, Owner at Prince Valley Guest House, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Big Up! Thanks for the positive review! We enjoyed having you here and we also wish your stay had been longer. We certainly look forward to the possibility of having you visit us and the beautiful Blue Mountains again. Happy Travels!
Red Bank, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 December 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a few days at the PV Guest House and loved every moment of it. It was the sweetest place with personal touches all over to make it even more special than it already is. We enjoyed the fresh smell of the mountains, the beautiful stars at night, the divine food and fruit that was prepared for us, and of course Bobby who runs it. We have already recommended it to everyone we've spoke to about our trip. We can't wait to return the next time we make it down to Jamaica! -Lammer & Lauren

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank laurenann053
PRINCEVALLEY, Owner at Prince Valley Guest House, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you spread the word about the amazing Blue Mountains of Jamaica. The hills wait for your return!
Bluefields Jamaica
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Prince Valley Guest House is truly a mystical mountain retreat ~ a world away from the sun, sand, and sea stereotypical of the Jamaican experience. Always with the right balance of attention from your outstanding hosts, this is the perfect place for an intimate getaway, a group celebration, or a working retreat.

A whole lot of love and hard work has built this guest house right in the heart of Middleton, a beautiful area with a significant link to Jamaica’s coffee industry both past and present. As a repeat guest, I always look forward to the latest improvements on property and throughout the greater communities of the Blue Mountains. And of course, the latest news of all the good friends I’ve met along the way.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Heidi S
Always a pleasure to have you visit! Looking forward to seeing you again.
Kingston
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Prince Valley is an off-the-beaten-path homey hideaway run by Bobby Scorcher, an affable Rasta man with a passion for music and farming. The guest house is located in a quiet community of the Blue Mountains far from the hustle and bustle of Kingston. Attractions in the vicinity include Holywell National Mark, Catherine's Peak, Tywman and Clifton Mount coffee estates and a bit deeper into the mountains, Cinchona Botanical Garden. The accommodations are basic with all the essentials.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for the positive review!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleton
Whispering Bamboo Cove Resort
#1 of 29 in Kingston
Zion Country Beach Cabins
Zion Country Beach Cabins
#2 of 27 in Port Antonio

Been to Prince Valley Guest House? Share your experiences!