“A wonderful week!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Middleton B&B and Inns
Regensburg, Bayern, Germany
“A wonderful week!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This guesthouse and the owner of this guesthouse is really great. The view, the neighborhood, the nature, the people in the village are so awesome. The rooms are comfortable and nice to sleep. Robert the owner of this guesthouse is one of the nicest people i have ever met. Its a long trip to Kingston, but on the way you can see a lot of nice things, people and flowers. It was a great time there!!

Michael & Fabian outta Germany
June 2013

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
PRINCEVALLEY, Owner at Prince Valley Guest House, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed the week visiting our lovely Blue Mountains...and Prince Valley! Hopefully some day you will return. Until then....Happy Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I touched down in Kingston in the middle of a downpour. I picked up the hire car and drove through the roads up to Papine. It got dark, the rain got worse and jetlag kicked in. Bobby was on the end of the phone patiently giving directions and eventually came out in the awful weather to find me.
On arrival I was given a clean comfortable room and I fell asleep.
It was only in the morning when i woke that the stunning scenery, the clean fresh air and the amazing location hit me.
I was in guest room 3. Perfect for a lone traveller. There is one bed but plenty of space and a separate bathroom.
Breakfast was the sweetest grapefruit, bun and fresh coffee.
Jackie and Bobby are the perfect hosts. Time to chat but not overbearing. They really made my stay special.
As a lone female traveller I felt safe and comfortable going out of the guesthouse. Everyone in the neighbourhood is friendly and welcoming.
The mountain air is warm but the mountain breeze makes it bearable. In my entire stay at Prince Valley I didn't get one mosquito bite. A first for me!
There is a nice walk through the coffee trail with a welcome pool along the way.
I would recommend Prince Valley to anyone wanting to get away from the bustle of Kingston or the hassle at the beach resorts.
I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed May 2013
PRINCEVALLEY, Manager at Prince Valley Guest House, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for your wonderful recommendation. It was a pleasure having you visit!...hopefully you will visit us again and the weather will be more agreeable. :-) If you enjoyed the grapefruit try to make it back in June...Mango season! Happy Travels!
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We had a very nice experience at the Prince Valley. The host, Bobby, was so nice.
And what about the view... !!! A very nice to place to relax and drink the best coffee in the world.
Rooms are perfect and fits for many people.
A place to try if you experience the Blue Mountains in Jamaica.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
PRINCEVALLEY, Owner at Prince Valley Guest House, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Thank you for the review! We are so glad you enjoyed the Blue Mountains and your time at Prince Valley!
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

People. You would be foolish to stay anywhere else than Prince Valley on your trip to Jamaica let alone Blue Mountains. It is simply one of the most perfect spots on earth, with a champion host Bobby who can make you laugh and cry, alter your world views and above all give you the unconditional One Love and wisdom Jamaica is known for. With the added bonus of a reggae sound system if you so wish.

• Stayed February 2013
PRINCEVALLEY, Owner at Prince Valley Guest House, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Bless up! It was great having you share and appreciate what the Blue Mountains offer. Much respect and hope you return to visit us again...
Camrose, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2013

HI! Even after all this time, thoughts of my Prince Valley Guesthouse stay, the Blue Mountains, and the generosity amply shown to me during my time in Jamaica continues to fill me with warmth. Even in this cool Canadian climate. Let me start off by saying that the patience, my host & dare I say new friend, Robert showed by giving directions and reassurances to my driver & I were muchly appreciated. I arrived after a long day of exploring and into the night, traversing roads that were way beyond anything I had ever experienced (why, even the off roading I've done up in these here parts don't compare!!) to find myself welcomed and truly made to feel at home with an indescribable view of the mountain side(s) at night. The lights ablaze create their own constellation!! It was magnificent. Breakfast and every meal I ate there after that was an affair to remember! Make no mistake, Wayne is a master in the kitchen!! And willing to show how he does it which is even better, for this foodie. I figure it must be the air, I wished I could stay forever and I just about did. Certainly twice if not longer than originally intended, that's for sure! The view, the atmosphere, the comfort and the pace was all a perfect fit for me. I had a "blond" moment and locked my wallet in the room, by golly if I didn't feel like that was everyone's priority to find it for me having thought I dropped it on the road. I must admit I was awfully embarrassed & relieved when I found it yet ever so grateful for the care I was shown at the time. It didn't stop there though, the care, it was prevelant the whole time. I felt safe. As a single white female, this is no small thing in a foreign country. I also climbed that mountain, yes Sir, I climbed the highest peak of the Caribbean, spending the night up in the clouds which has become a highlight of my life thus far, not too many people can stake claim on such a feat. It was phenomenal. Everything. The room with it's "own guests" - loved the lizards & complimentary colorful decor!! The passion fruit vine absolutely rocked my world with not only my favorite fruit but also by the gorgeous flowers themselves, opening at just the right moment beckoning to the ever present hummingbirds - awww man, what a delightful reminder just writing this now *sigh* and the reality of being present in some of the earth's most luscious surroundings. Seeing the sights, the views, meeting the people, eating the food, sleeping the sleep of the righteous was an experience I will be hard pressed to forget. As a matter o'fact, if I start to find that to happen, I will be sure to get myself back to reignite the sense of serenity and peace that I took away with me from my experience at Prince Valley. Nevermind some of the world's best coffee.... :o)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
PRINCEVALLEY, Owner at Prince Valley Guest House, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Thank you for your delightful review! We are so happy you found Prince Valley Guest House, and the Blue Mountains, to be a warm and welcoming experience. We enjoyed having you visit us and hope someday you find your way back to our yard! Until then...Happy Travels!
Kingston
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I had a really rough week with work...and had the opportunity of spending one night there with the best company I could ever ask for. The drive was short, but long enough to leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind...only seeing the city in the distance between the mountain tops at various times on the way. Prince Valley Guest House turned out to be the perfect get-away. The food was healthy and great, the rooms were simple and comfortable...it was really back to basics without any loss of necessary ammenities. With the best company, the perfect temperature and the most gorgeous view of the stars, the night passed by so quickly. But not before I had a couple hours in the hammock in the bed room....oh my... The next day was even better, with a breath-taking view of the valley and a drop-jaw view of the fog covering the mountains around...I would recommend this to everyone who needs to forget about the stresses of city life, and for a time, re-engage LIFE!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
PRINCEVALLEY, Owner at Prince Valley Guest House, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Great having you visit! Hope you decide to come again to relax, unwind... or maybe even do a little hiking! The hills, and Prince Valley, are waiting for your return. :-)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We decided to headed to the mountains for a nice relaxing weekend getaway at Prince Valley Guesthouse.

Coming from Kingston, the ride was about an hour from Papine. The directions given by Bobby were easy to follow and we didn't get lost. The actual ride is a bit rough, so be careful especially driving alone, at night or after rains. You can arrange someone to pick you up for an additional charge or arrange alternative transportation.

We arrived and were greeted by Bobby, shown our room and the property. It's in a beautiful location overlooking the valley and surrounding community. The guesthouse has a really homey, rustic feel. All of the necessities are there, and then some. Our room had a fridge, microwave, table and chairs, hammock and lots of space to lounge about. There's hot water too. Linens and towels are provided.

The best part, however, is being outside. There's seating on the roof and on the main level that gives picturesque views of the valley. We sat out at night and enjoyed watching the stars and listening the music playing in the distance.

Overall a great experience perfect for a quick romantic getaway with that someone special or a retreat with a small group or friends or by yourself. I'm looking forward to returning again soon!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for the wonderful review. We loved having you visit us and hope your next trip up into the Blue Mountains will be a bit longer of a stay...possibly get a chance to enjoy some hiking at Hollywell National Park! ...Happy Travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleton
Geejam