“Living like God in Tuscany”

Agriturismo I Cedri
Ranked #3 of 15 Speciality Lodging in Barga
Vienna, Austria
“Living like God in Tuscany”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Perfect Tuscan ambience of the entire hotel area and the apartments, the breakfast and dinner area exceeded all my expectations. These are beautiful rooms, which are embedded in a great landscape.

They created typical Tuscan dishes which does not leave something to be desired. We were informed about these pleasures in the morning and looked forward the whole day. The quality of the local products was excellent.
Especially the friendliness should be mentioned.
We felt very well cared for and were pampered also very good.
Looking to Barga is almost unreal and acts simply gorgeous in any weather, whether sun, fog, night.
Agriturismo I Cedri is value a holiday trip.
Attention: Return journey is to book absolutely before that, because there is great danger to remain there.

Room Tip: not necessary
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 21 October 2012

we were few days in the hotel and haf a great time. its a fantastic place with enough private space, big living and bedrooms, pools and very good tipical italian food. very nice owners !! thanks for thise days...
ktm-vip montagna 2012

• Stayed October 2012
Wiltshire
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I was staying at the Renaissance Hotel near Barga for a conference and on one of the nights we were taken to I Cedri for a wine tasting evening. We were all blown away! The most amazing Tuscan experience.

The evening began with beautiful wines, delicious local cheese,salami's and freshly baked Foccacia bread. Set amongst olive trees, overlooking the vineyards with the dramatic mountains in the distance, we listened to local musicians whilst savoring every mouthful of the most delicious local food.

We were then led to a beautiful large hall for a surprise meal that had been laid on by the owner and his family.

I have rarely encountered such hospitality in my life. The owner, his wife and family provided the most amazing four course meal. The simplicity of home grown sweet tomatoes, melanzana and zuccini were the basis of the first 3 courses, together with a variety of home made pasta's, climaxing with a chocolate and chilli Millefeuille - heavenly!! Needless to say this was all accompanied with lots of red wine, Vin Sante and Limoncello.

I didn't get the opportunity to thank the owners, the Mordini famiglia, for giving me one of the most memorable nights of my life but I will definitely return and spend a holiday in one of their apartments in the very near future. Thank you for an amazing experience.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I visited I Cedri twice this week and I was blown away. I am booking my wedding there in 2013, the owner is very helpful and speaks good english. The villas and grounds are of a very high standard, you couldn't ask for anything more. First Class.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Hanalei, Hawaii
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The moment we arrived we already knew we didn't want to leave.....the estate with its multiple residences and beautiful buildings ( and swimming pools) overlooks vineyards , the dramatic mountains and peaks of the Garfagna and other villages. From our bedroom we could see the little town of Barga. Our apartment in one of the structures was very comfortable - I can see this would be a special place for a celebration or reunion as well as just for a family to stay or a romantic getaway. The owners are lovely and very helpful - they made our stay! Florence, Pisa, the Mediterranean, Lucca, and all the other unforgettable places in Tuscany are perfect destinations for day trips. We hope to come back soon!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Looking for a room to stay late on Sunday night, we drove into I Cedri & claimed the last room.
Only 7 apartments on 40 acres overlooking Barga in Northen Tuscanny we found this renovated villa complex each group with pool & BBQ, our unit was 3 bedroom, two storey & just delightful.
As a measure of the service, we requested a plate of cold meats/cheeze for a light dinner(they don/t have a restaurant), delived by the owners together with a bottle of their own wine at no charge(part of the reasonable room tariff). For groups or families looking for a special summer holiday a must for this area

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Stayed a week as part of a wedding party (wedding reception was held at iCedri too). Accommodation was of a very high standard, staff excellent and the wedding reception superb. Great location and highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank GRS_INV
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barga
Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Resort & Spa
Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Re...
#1 of 1 in Castelvecchio Pascoli
#2 of 10 in Barga
Agriturismo La Torre
Agriturismo La Torre
#3 of 10 in Bagni di Lucca

Been to Agriturismo I Cedri? Share your experiences!