Casa Cordati
Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Resort & Spa(Castelvecchio Pascoli)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$196
Great 4.5/5
Park Hotel Regina(Bagni di Lucca)(Great Value!)
US$66
La Vignola(Barga)
Priceline
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bridge(Bagni di Lucca)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsan art gallerythe ownerhuge wooden doorunique experiencecomfortable bedfirst floorhigh ceilingsroof terracegiardinoapartmentaccommodationtownviewshistoryimaginationvalley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2012

A memorable stay in a wonderful historic house which is also a museum and art gallery. The room was very spacious and more than adequate for my needs and the host, Giordano Martinelli is a delightful and extremely accommodating person. I fully recommend Casa Cordati as a very pleasant base for anyone visiting Barga, situated in the heart of the old walled town it doesn't get much better than this.

Tom McCluskey

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2012

If you're looking for a five star resort stop reading now and keep searching. At Casa Cordati you will have an experience that you will remember for the rest of your life. On a lot of levels, better than a five star hotel. This is truly a special place that I am glad we found. I hope to return some day.

Room Tip: We stayed in the apartment. Large rooms, kitchen had a small stove and sink and refrigerator and all dishes, cutlery etc... Even in 40C weather, the room stayed cool, at night we needed a blanket. Extremely affordable as far as European accommodations.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Barga is a beautiful mountain town that has an incredible feel to it. Casa Cordati is the best. Giordani is the owner. He speaks English so he was extrememly helpful. He has an artist soul. The whole area has an artistic feel. And of course the house is a museum of his artist's/grandfather's paintings everywhere. His studio is still there. Just so cool.

The house once belonged to a prominent famliy. It has a feel like a small palace... lots of rooms and steep stairs.. The views are amazing from everywhere.
The village is a photographers delight.. steep allys and amazing windows and walls and flowers and views...just gorgeous. The duomo is very old and you have to "hike" up to it. We were there when they rang the bells of the duomo on Sunday. I think they had just restored them and everyone was up in the belltower while they rang the bells like crazy. It was just amazing and emotionally beautiful.

WE hiked up to a very very old village way up at the top of a mountain and then walked to another little town and had lunch. (we were the only ones in the restaurant) We saw all kinds of old ruins along the way.... little ooold chapels in the brush, an old abandoned once elegant house by a river...just really nice.

The room I had was spotless and brand new. Bathroom very clean and lots of space.You can see I LOVE Barga, adored Giordani, and had a beautiful experience. Staying at Casa Cordati is a very unique experience. You are back in time with your imagination.
Dont stay anywhere else but in the walls of this town.

Room Tip: Ask for the new room. It is so comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I was reminded of the movie Under the Tuscan Sun (after the repairs were completed) when I stayed in an apartment at Casa Cordati. The room itself was simple and charming. The bedrooms were large and comfortable and the view from my room was fantastic! (See photo)

Giordano Martinelli was pleasant and helpful. His English is very good. As I'm trying to learn Italian I sometimes spoke to him in Italian and he patiently responded to my poor, broken Italian.

Barga itself is a beautiful little town often overlooked by tourists and unknown even to most Italians. It's not too far from Lucca or Pisa which are also lovely towns to visit.

I plan to go back to Italy for a longer stay and plan on spending a couple of nights at Casa Cordati again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Teresa S
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My wife and I together with our adult son have just returned from the most amazing stay at Casa Cordati. The rooms in this working museum/art gallery are stunning with incredible views and first class amenities. We had two rooms on the top floor which were both large and bright. The bed in our room was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Rooms include a coffee maker and ours had several chairs and a sofa too.
Casa Cordati is run by Giordano Martinelli, a really friendly guy who is the grandson of Bruno Cordati, the famous Italian painter to whom this gorgeous establishment is dedicated. Bruno's paintings even adorn the walls of the bedrooms.
Casa Cordati has a covered roof terrace with stunning views across the Barga rooftops to the duomo and beyond. It was great relaxing with a good book on the roof terrace and also in Giordano's lovely garden.
Barga is a quiet Tuscan hilltop town. Evenings are spent at one of the excellent Trattoria's in the Old Town - our favourites being L'Osteria, L'Altana and Trattoria de Ricardo (will review those on TA asap!). Its the perfect place to escape the rat race and chill out till your heart's content. None more so than at Casa Cordati which is stunning and we can't wait to return.
Thanks Giordano. Kind regards from Dave, Marisa and Brett :)

Room Tip: Simply email Giordano direct and he is very accommodating.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family