“Best Dinners In Barga”

Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Barga
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We recently enjoyed a couple of dinners at this restaurant during our vacation on this area. This restaurant was recommended by our hotel. Our first dinner was so good, we ended up going back for a second dinner! the food was some of the best we had during our stay, and they were also very accommodating of our son's serious food allergies. We highly recommend you treat yourself to dinner at Scacciaguai.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Same as a few other visitors, we were swayed by the previous excellent reviews.
Firstly I didn’t get the starter I asked for but it looked nice and was home made pasta I gave it a go. It felt like I was eating salt, and lots of it. My wife had the prawns but no finger bowl as there should be when you peel your own prawns.
The waitress then came with our mains, before they took the starter plates away, very attentive!! I think not.
For mains I had the truffle steak and my wife had the trout. Knowing that they came with very little else, as you can see the kitchen on tv, I also order 3 sides, onions, roast potatoes (chips to me and you) and a side salad.
My steak was overpowered be the truffle and yet again my first mouthful was salt. I did say if I ordered again I’d just have it plain, no truffle, no salt, nothing. So at this point we were considering rebooking.
My wife’s trout was nice and she was looking forward to desert.
We waited 40 minutes, no drink, empty plates and only 5 tables occupied with 3 staff supposedly serving.
I told my wife sorry but I’m not staying a minute longer. We walked to the till, paid and left.
Food was ok, with a little more care could’ve been great but the service was beyond poor. Sometimes the service is as important as the food and there was little or no service.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Working in the near I had many occasions to visit this restaurant both for work, with colleagues or alone.
The food is great the service is really good and the price is correct, all in a cozy place.
You can find good wines and classic italian cooking in some case "revisited" but in a really good way. I still remember a tendeloin fillet with mushrooms.....

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Wow! What a great place to have a meal in Barga. It was so good we came back twice. No problem with language here either as they speak both Italian and English. The truffle pasta and the truffle streak were excellent. I travel all over the world and I found this to be one of the top places I have been too. The service and the food are outstanding. As we traveled around Italy, this was the place we kept talking about. We never had a reservation and were able to get in, but missed out on the outside seating so I would recommend a reservation here. If you like anything with truffle then go here. The wine selection is good, the menu is great and they do have a few specials too. Top notch people from top to bottom. Thank you for one of the best meals in Italy. Truly the perfect spot in Barga and Italy

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

We had our last meal in Barga here. And, it was amazing. We started with some ravioli that was the best I ever had. The main meal was the filet with truffles which was even better. The waiter suggested some great wine (2 bottles later ;). We ended with a cheesecake and soufflé. That was the best part. Service was amazing as well.