This is a nice, low rise place with large aparments. The small complex has well tended flower beds and it is kept very, very clean and well maintained. The staff are terrific.
It was low season when we stayed so no entertainment but the atmosphere was relaxed and pleasant. The manager Manos cajoled us into playing bingo one evening as a couple of ladies were keen players. The bemusement of the Russian guests at this pass time made it amusing and we enjoyed it. (not a sentence I ever thought I'd write.)
We found the food to be perfectly satisfactory and plentiful with one or two really nice dishes particularly the specials. The fresh pizzas , straight out of the oven, were delicious.
It's about 50 yards from one of the town's nice beaches, maybe a hundred to the next. The beaches vary - sand , shingle, some shallow some sloping deeply and perfect for swimming and it's worth having a stroll along the front to find your favourite.
If I was going to pick a fault I would say I'd have preferred quieter or no piped music in the bar/restaurant area, especially at breakfast, but that's a matter of personal preference and wouldn't stop me going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Aegean Suites and Apartments is situated in the resort of Gouves, 18 Km east of the city of Heraklion, on the northeast coast of Crete, and 50 meters from beautiful sandy beach. Crete is the largest of Greek Islands, and fifth largest in the Mediterranean. Crete was once the centre of the Minoan Civilisation and its archaeological sites, such as Knossos and Phaestos and other magnificent places of interest are easily reached from the Blue Aegean. The Blue Aegean is designed specifically for families with children, and couples. We offer a wide range of hotel facilities combined with the convenience of several catering options, such as All-Inclusive, Half Board, Bed & Breakfast or simply Self-Catering. We provide a rich selection of traditional Greek cuisine, both hot and cold, a locally sourced nutritional Mediterranean menu using olive oil, local herbs and wonderful fresh fruits and vegetables. Our poolside pagoda offers a range of professional massage and beauty treatments for your total holiday relaxation. Every guest receives a complimentary treatment too. This new facility has proven to be highly popular; it’s there at your disposal. We are a family run hotel who not only provide efficient service but also create a genuinely friendly atmosphere. Every guest is warmly welcomed with typical Greek hospitality. We believe that communication with our guests is essential to satisfy every need, and any requests are dealt with personally by the management. Comprised of fifty eight beautifully appointed suites and apartments located in eight separate buildings, each named after an island of the Aegean Sea, the accommodation offers comfort and quality, space and style for your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Aegean Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Aegean Apartotel Gouves
- Blue Aegean Apartotel Hotel Gouves
- Blue Aegean Hotel & Suites Crete/Kato Gouves