We landed about 11pm and were whisked away in a taxi (best thing ever, thank goodness we didnt have to sit for hours on a coach!) when we arrived the hotel looked stunning, amazing, a real WOW factor!! check in was smooth and we were offered refreshments and towels. I had emailed to ask for a free upgrade as it was our honeymoon (it states on the website that if rooms are available they will upgrade if your on honeymoon!) but was disappointed when were were not given one, even though the hotel was no where near full capacity! Needless to say our room was nice and clean but i have been in better! There were some beautifully made sandwiches, cakes and fruit awaiting us which was fab!! The actual hotel is faultless and spotless, it has to be the nicest hotel i have ever stayed at. Food is buffet style (unless you want to pay the high rates for the other restaurants!) plenty of choice although some dishes were a bit cold. always plenty of sun loungers and places to sit. we had lunch at the pool on one day, we were shocked at the high prices BUT the portions are big, so it made up for it. Unfortunetly i found a slug in my greek salad, the manager came over and couldnt do more for us!! free lunch as well which i didnt expect! there was live music ever night which was lovely! We went on a boat trip to spinalonga which was worth the money!The one thing that really let the holiday down was the other guests (no fault of the hotel!! the staff are 5* fantastic!!) mainly russians and germans, very very rude, arrogant, always looked down on us, flashing the cash which the waiters loved and paid slightly more attention to, as they would spend 300 euros on a bottle of champagne!! This is a fab hotel but if you children its not for you, OR if your skint then its not for you either! I dont think we would return but only because we dont tend to go to the same place twice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amirandes 5 star hotel in Crete, is a sparkling exclusive resort on the coast of east Crete. Themed around the lagoons that swirl through its centre, the luxury hotel in Crete covers a 70,000 sq m beachfront estate comprising of eight restaurants, sandy beaches, Elixir Spa with authentic Ayurveda treatments, outdoor Olympic-size seawater pool, over 60 private pools and extensive children's facilities. The sophisticated guestrooms suites and villas feature indulgent details such as private gyms, home cinema and state-of-the-art bathrooms with colour-therapy and aromatherapy Jacuzzi bathtubs. Refined and considerate service mirrors the Resort's meticulous attention to detail and utmost respect for the privacy of its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), HRS, Odigeo and Holiday Gems so you can book your Amirandes, Grecotel Exclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grecotel Amirandes Hotel Gouves
- Grecotel Amirandes Amnissos
- Grecotel Amirandes Hotel Amnissos
- Amirandes, Grecotel Exclusive Resort Crete/Gouves