All reviewsblue monkeya la carte restaurantsprivate poollago di candiacretan restaurantmain restaurantolympic size poolluxury bungalowhalf boardkids clubpool restaurantsea waterdvd playerpool staffthe general managertennis courtsbeautiful hotel
Reviewed 12 July 2016

We had a sea view suite, 251. It was located on the first floor (2). Room and bathroom were very good sized. It had a lovely sea view but keep in mind that these rooms are above the rooms with private pools so you can also see people sun bathing or on their pools. Breakfast buffet was very good with loads of delicious alternatives. We stayed for 4 days and 3 nights. We had a delightful dinner on "Lago di candia" restaurant, on a platform over the pool overlooking the ocean, impressive food! Don't forget to catch a glimpse of the nice collection of Picasso pottery on the Minotaur restaurant as well.

On the second day it seemed I got 'traveller's disease' and could not enjoyed as I would have wanted the breakfast buffet, although I found some options suitable for my illness. The downside, I went to the mini mart and they did NOT had any alka-seltzer or tumms or anything like it which was really annoying and would consider something you would expect them to have. Furthermore, you cannot charge items from the mini mart to your room, you must pay in cash. I had to call the Concierge and ask them to call the pharmacy for me and bring me something for my illness. BTW, staff were not the most fluent in English which sometimes, like this one, made it difficult to express oneself and ask exactly for something (i.e. when asking them to call the pharmacy). A very short time later, they brought me a box of Riopan (magaldrate) which had the instructions in GREEK. Not impressed. I had to look online and ask friends to learn how to take those... I started feeling better after taking that and paracetamol and greek yogurt FYI.

Free wifi allover but do not expect the best connection when in your room (or at least our room) or around the pool. It was like that the 4 days we stayed there.

Sea is very calm and turquoise, although if its windy it can get a bit wave-y but very enjoyable as well. The private sandy beach was just what we were looking for. We noticed that children tend to stay in the pool while beach had more of an adult quorum. Hotel seemed to have a lot of activities for the younger ones!

We also had food and drinks from the Brasserie, bars and ordered room service for the night I was not feeling well and food was great all over the different restaurants and bars, etc. Staff was VERY attentive and friendly.

We would definitely love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sggr84
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Lets just start off by saying that the Ayurvedic spa team from India is probably one of the best things to do here besides the beach and buffet. Shirodara, hot oil massage and Indian head massage was the highlight of my days. They also have outdoor massage overlooking the beach. The gym is beautiful and a great place to go after hitting the wonderful buffets.
Im a bit of a clean freak and for a resort of this size they did a great job although nothing can ever be perfect with so many people visiting outdoor bathrooms and pool bars.
The staff is so kind. The beach staff are Angels as well as pool and restaurant staff. We came with our 2 kids and will be staying 8 days . The wifi is great so that keeps teens and tweens happy! Come here. You will love it. I don't love anywhere and always find faults. Its the charm of being a perfectionist! This place kept my OCD in check !

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna A
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Second visit and its still wonderful. Great staff, great service, great location.
The food was brilliant specially the ala cartes Minotaur, Xasteria and Blue Monkey
Amazing place to relax and enjoy the greek hospitality.
We will definetly return!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

The territory of the hotel is not big but beautiful. Every evening there is life music in the bar or show at the amphitheater. I would recommend to choose sea view rooms. We have stayed in June and were lucky with the weather. The beach is not big and during last days of our stay it was pretty overcrowded. Most of the tourist were Russian though there were several German speaking couples. The breakfast was very good. The coffee is tasty. Good variety of fruits. For dinner we booked one of the restaurants at the territory of the hotel. Italian was the best and Chinese the worst. During lunch you can choose bar by the beach or by the pool. If you choose between Crete salat of Greek salad I would recommend Greek. For people who love cocktails - strawberry margarita was really good. Local white wine was good. You can always order a small bottle. In the morning you have to "book" a sunbed with you towel. The wifi connection was bad! If you charge so much per night wifi should be better! Service was good. Rooms were big and clean. I definitely recommend this hotel if they fix wifi

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2016

Amirandes is a beautiful hotel! We arrived late at night and we were greeted with drinks, fruit, sweets etc. A very nice touch. As well, we found treats in our room throughout our stay. The steak and Asian restaurant were very good. Lovely buffet breakfasts. They upgraded our room to a villa and it had a great view of the ocean and our own private plunge pool and private cabana on the beach. The hotel is quite large and a bit isolated. It felt like an all inclusive resort...only it wasn't all inclusive.

Room Tip: Book a room with an ocean view if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple