“Great Value Pub”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Bredhurst
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Bredhurst Bell, The Street, Bredhurst, Kent, ME7 3JY01634 232971The thriving village of Bredhurst sits on the top of the North Kent Downs.The village has a population of about 380 people and has had its own parish council since 1975. The village centre consists of a small village green, St Peter’s Church, the village Primary school, and The Bell Inn which has been here since Tudor times. The Bell public house dates from 1500, and was used by the Postal Servicefor bed and stabling during their travels. Nowadays we serve the local and surrounding communities with meals and beverages.We have two bars; a large family bar leading onto a large patio garden and children's play area and an over 18's bar that holds all the charms and character of the good old days.We have an extensive car park at the rear and adjoining field for special events.We serve a wide range of Top Conditioned Cask Ales, constantly changing our selection, so on each visit you have a chance to try a new one.
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I have visited many times. This Pub is consistantly good value and quality. No frills eating and drinking but never dissapointed.
Staff are pleasant. Food is served hot and quickly. Good choice for lunch.
Friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Very nice little country pub with a good menu for lunch or evenings. Food is very well prepared and home made pie really is home made! Prices are very reasonable too.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

First time I'd visited for maybe 60 years when I used to be left outside with a lemonade and packet of crisps...... We only stopped briefly, when passing through, wanting a drink and sandwich. Sandwiches were excellent value - without all the excess salad stuff that so often accompanies them - and the guest Cornish beer was good. I think some aspects of the place haven't changed much over the years - and that is meant as a great compliment - although I never got to see the inside in those days!

Reviewed 9 August 2012

My family and I arrived close to the time food was due to being stopped serving, although we curtly told to hurry up and order, we was served food of an acceptable standard.
The surrounds are very nice and comfortable. The waitresses were somewhat more polite than the young blonde man who originally spoke to me on arrival at the bar.

We were all happy with our meals and the cost was very cheap. Really good value for money.

On leaving we did find near on impossible to get any taxi firm to pick us up from there though.
Obviously not the fault of the establishment but worth a mention to those wishing to get a cab home.

2  Thank Andrew-R-Cherry
ConvivialManagement, Guest Relations Manager at The Bell, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Bredhurst Bell, we welcome the feedback we recieve from our guests.

I am glad to hear that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and I shall pass your comments onto our team. Furthermore, we pride ourselves on customer service and I am sorry that on this occasionthe service you received was not up to standard, however, it is something I shall be looking into.

If you are to visit us again, taxis can be pre-ordered at the bar for your journey home.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,