“Not Westin quality. Never again”

Element Denver Park Meadows
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lone Tree
San Antonio, Texas
“Not Westin quality. Never again”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

While planning trip I called (the Starwood Prefered Guest call center in Austin Tx) and asked about pet fees. Call center rep advised that there were no associated fees at the Element or Aloft hotels for pets she said that the two were "extremely pet freindly" I called 2 hours prior to advise we would be checking in late and that I had pets. Upon arrival I was given a waver and was advised that it would be 35.00. I was advised to speak to the mgr in the AM. No pet beds were sent to the room. I was not able to speak withe mgr because we had to leave early in the AM.
When I arrived to the room the toilet buttons were broken and had to take the lids off to flush on the toilet tank. Let the front desk know and they asked if I wants to switch rooms I said that only if it was close. He did not have anything close and it was also around 12:30 am when I arrived and was really tired. He did tell me that I would be credited 1000 star points for the toilet issue . Bathroom door did not lock. Shower leaked water to floor. Mold in the corners of the tub area. Paint missing on parts of the door. This room was a poor representation of how a Westin affiliated hotels should look like. I was terribly bent out of shape with the whole pet policy thing and then going to my room and basic equipment was not working properly was a real letdown. I will not recommend this hotel line to anyone, It will take more than an apologies to make this right. I filled out a survey and asked to be contacted and advised that I would wait 1 week before posting this to allow time for resolution. Currently, I have not received a response. I also have posted photos to support all if my complaints.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Markedatbirth
SGladney, General Manager at Element Denver Park Meadows, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
We are deeply sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please know we do our best to ensure that all communication about new policies, procedures, and fees is accurate and appropriately updated through all channels. Thanks to your feedback we have now resolved the issue. While we are pet friendly, we understand that responsible pet friendly establishments must also consider the needs of guests who may be allergic to pets. The $35 fee per stay allows us to carefully clean and thoroughly inspect a room where a pet has been present to make certain it is clean and prepared for the next guest. This process may include removing the room from our inventory for one day or placing the room out of order toward not selling the room until the process is complete and verified. We've performed a rate survey on pet fees in our market as well and would argue that our fee is actually less than most of our local pet friendly competitors. Regarding the other issues in your guest room, I must say that what you found is not indicative of our standards and the typical experiences that we create. We have acted immediately following your feedback toward resolving each issue and again thank you for your feedback. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss this further.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I stayed a few days at the Element in March 2014. The hotel location is very convenient ( mall and shopping center nearby ).The Element team was fantastic and very helpful :0) We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeaMag14
Thank you for the kind review of the hotel. We're thrilled to know you and your husband enjoyed your stay and got to know our associates. Knowing that you'll definitely stay with us again means so much to us and we certainly look forward to your next visit. Thanks again!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and enjoyed this hotel very much. It is kind of tricky to find the entrance, as it is next to a health club and adjacent to a shopping center. The room we had was nice, 2 queen beds and plenty of space. It was very nice to have a full kitchen and desk area as well as sitting area. The bathroom was large and modern, very clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful when asked. We enjoyed the breakfast each morning, what you would expect. Overall I would recommend this hotel to everyone, and will stay here again when we return to the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kjjellybean
SGladney, General Manager at Element Denver Park Meadows, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
What an honor to receive such a high rating and fantastic review from a TripAdvisor.com Top Contributor! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and great recommendation with us and the entire Trip Advisor community. We're proud to know our location, breakfast, room accommodations, cleanliness, and overall hospitality exceeded your expectations. Knowing that you'll return certainly means a lot to us. Thanks again!
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was our first stay at The Element and we were very impressed with every aspect of this new addition to the SPG chain. Very unique atmosphere with clean modern lines and environmentally friendly construction. Great workout facility with high-end equipment. The Happy Hour was great and the free breakfast provided a nice selection of hot and cold options, many of which we have never seen offered at any other hotels. This is now our hotel of choice for our future trips!

Green Features: They even provide filtered drinking water in the room and soy milk at the breakfast buffets.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gymshoefly
SGladney, General Manager at Element Denver Park Meadows, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
We're so happy to hear we have earned a new loyal friend of the hotel! Thank you for sharing your awesome feedback with us and the Trip Advisor community. We are indeed very proud of "Motion," our well-equipped fitness center, and the light and healthy breakfast offerings during "Rise." Making such a lasting first impression on you means the world to us, and we genuinely look forward to exceeding your expectations every time. See you again soon!
wichita kansas
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel has a great location and I love their design and hard wood floors in the guest room. Front desk polite and helpful. I was only there for one night but could easily stay there for weeks or months. Hot breakfast buffet was nice but average as it comes to hot buffets. We were there with my one year old and he made a little of a mess. There were no directions on what to do with the plates so we left them on the table with a tip as there was an attendant standing around watching everything. She gave my wife a look for leaving the plates. The guests also seemed to be a little too relaxed many had no socks or shoes on. Call me old fashioned but we are not on the beach and people should wear something on their feet while eating breakfast in a hotel lobby.

Room Tip: they have many options with kitchen areas.
Green Features: ask for garbage bags as they do not include those usually
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dougf74
It is an honor to receive this favorable rating from a top TripAdvisor.com contributor such as yourself. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us. I'd like to know more about your experience during breakfast. Of course we want all our guests to be comfortable while staying with us, but barefoot in our breakfast area is definitely unnaceptable. Feel free to contact me directly if you have a moment to discuss in more detail, and I'll be sure to get to the bottom of it. We certainly hope that your next stay with us will be longer so you may enjoy more of all the amenities Element has to offer. Thanks again!
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Spent overnight here for my birthday, just want to try this out. Our experience was far from what I was expecting. Spacious, clean rooms. Good size gym and pool for the kids. And I wish I knew in advance that we can bring pets with no additional charge.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pinkypop M
SGladney, General Manager at Element Denver Park Meadows, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
We certainly hope you had the best birthday ever! Thanks for giving us a try. It's fantastic to know that we exceeded your expectations and you and the kiddies left relaxed and content. Feel free to bring the pup next time you're in the area. However, please be advised that while we now do charge a small pet cleaning fee, the treats and water bowls are entirely complementary. Hope to see you again soon... preferably before your next birthday too! Take care and thanks again for your feedback!
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 March 2014

As a traveling nurse...cleanliness, comfort, and amenities are my top three priorities (no exceptions)! This hotel met all three expectations. I stayed at Element hotel from December 2013 through February 2014 and it was a pleasure. The staff (who are all great) became my SECOND FAMILY! It was great to walk through the doors after a long day of work and get greeted by "Welcome back Ms (name)". This happened not once but almost the entire 2 months I was there. During my stay, I unfortunately became very sick with the flu, laryngitis, and a really bad inner ear infection all at the same time. The staff (THANKS REBECCA) helped me to find an Urgent care center and several staff even checked on me during my recovery time to see if I needed anything.
Before being assigned to the Denver area, I had never heard of Element hotel, so I did a little research and crossed my fingers that this would be a comfortable stay for me. From the moment I walked into the hotel lobby, I felt a sense of cleanliness and moderness. My accomodations included a one bedroom unit (TV in the bedroom), a living room area (2nd TV), bathroom (spacious enough for 1-2 people) and a kitchen with a large refrigerator, stove, dishes, and cooking utensils/pots/pans. It was wonderful to have daily housekeeping provided. While at work I felt all my personal items were safe (they provide a safe for your valuables that is large enough to place your laptop computer in).
In the mornings on weekdays a hot healthy breakfast is provided starting at 6:30 am- 9:30 am and I believe from 7:30 am- 10:00 am on weekends. In the evenings a light managers reception is provided which always came in handy when i arrived from work and did not feel like cooking in my room or going out to get something to eat. On Tuesdays you get a chance to meet all the management staff during the reception.
The hotel has a very nice exercise room, a heated indoor swimming pool (though on some days it wasn't heated. It was reported and fixed within a day or so). Laundry facility is onsite (very clean room). Barbecue grills are located in the enclosed patio area. They even have a Wii that you can check out and use in the lobby area.
Overall my experience was GREAT! I want to again thank all the staff at Element Denver Park and to Scott (general manager) who is a wonderful and friendly guy! Keep up the good work and if/when I return to the Denver area on assignment your hotel will be the first I check for availability.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Myrn98
SGladney, General Manager at Element Denver Park Meadows, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
My entire staff was absolutely touched by your kind and thorough review. Thank you so much for taking the time to recommend us in such detail. We love seeing the feedback on the favorite aspects of your stay including how well Rebecca took care of you and the features of Element that made your time with us pleasurable and unique. I'm indeed proud to know we left you with such an impression and will be back to stay with us again soon. We sincerely wish you the best and can't wait for your return. Thanks again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lone Tree
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver / South-RidgeGate
Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Extended Stay America - Denver - Park Meadows

Been to Element Denver Park Meadows? Share your experiences!