“Not a golfer, but a nice room.”

Lone Tree Golf Club & Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Lone Tree
Reviewed 21 May 2011

My company could not find any "name brand" hotel rooms in the area of Centennial airport for me and my flight crew. This was to be a 2 night stay that extended to 3. When I first learned we'd be staying at a Golf Club, I thought it might lack amenities that we are used to in a "business" hotel. I was wrong!

The Lone Tree Golf Club and Hotel was built in the early '80's and has only 15 rooms, with approximately half overlooking the practice greens and several holes of the Arnold Palmer designed course. I was in a course-side room that was about 20 feet above ground level. The room, while somewhat dated with the early 80"s dark furniture, was very roomy. The bed was comfortable, but I would have preferred a down pillow in addition to the foam pillows used. My room was more of a mini-suite with a small bar area, microwave and refrigerator. It had plenty of work space with a desk and a very nice deck that overlooks the golf course. (We were experiencing more February-like weather than May-like during our stay with rain, snow and hail - sadly, the deck went unused). I also found the room to be very quiet, which can be unusual in a hotel, especially one that is somewhat of a "resort".

The staff was very friendly, welcoming and accommodating! I ate 2 meals in the restaurant. Neither meal was particularly outstanding (a taco salad that looked great but lacked the flavor to go with it, and a standard hot breakfast). That said, it is always a plus for me when I can get food on property. There are plenty of restaurants nearby (I highly recommend Via Baci for excellent, authentic Neapolitan pizza and some nice wine).

There are no workout facilities on property. But the hotel provides complimentary access to the Lone Tree Recreational center, a 7min drive from the hotel. I had a chance to use this facility. It is very new, modern, and has everything you could want in a fitness / recreational center! But you do have to have a car to get there. The hotel provides no transportation.

I wish I was a golfer. Had the weather been more inviting, I probably would have rented a set of clubs and hit a round of nine just to embarrass myself. The course looks beautiful, and is very well maintained.

I can recommend this hotel - especially if you enjoy golf.

Room Tip: Ask for course side rooms
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
lonetreegolf, Front Office Manager at Lone Tree Golf Club & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2011

Thank you for your valuable feedback about Lone Tree Golf Club & Hotel. We appreciate that you took time to review our facility on Trip Advisor. We are excited to know that your stay was an enjoyable one and that you liked our hotel and fitness facility. We look forward to seeing you and your flight crew on your next flight to the Centennial airport.

Reviewed 8 May 2011

Wonderful place, not a hotel feel, very lodge like and home feeling.

• Stayed: May 2011
lonetreegolf, Front Office Manager at Lone Tree Golf Club & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Thank you for taking time to review Lone Tree Golf Club & Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and felt at home in our establishment. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Lone Tree Golf Club and Hotel for 2 weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it. We arrived from Europe after a very long flight and were met with a warm welcome from a very helpful staff. The room (with a small terrace) overlooked the golfcourse which was a luxury after a day of meetings. One evening we even had dinner on our terrace. The calm and beauty of the course convinced us that the next time we were in the Denver area we would return to the Lone Tree Golf Club and Hotel instead of going to a traditional hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2009

Friendly, helpful staff at check-in and check-out. Nice, very adequate breakfast items. Room was very clean and spacious. I would definitely stay here again. The rooms on the golf course have a balcony so it was nice to sit with a cup of coffee and watch the golfers in the quiet morning.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2009

Saw this on a website for a Denver deal and the golf course attached attracted us. What a delight ! There is only 15 rooms, very clean, service was excellent and it was a great location to Park Meadows Mall and many restaurants. We will definitely go there again when we make the trip into the city.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lone Tree
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver / South-RidgeGate
Element Denver Park Meadows
Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows
TownePlace Suites Denver South/Lone Tree
Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area

Been to Lone Tree Golf Club & Hotel? Share your experiences!