We stayed in a luxury garden pool villa with one bedroom.
The garden villas have no direct view of the ocean.
The villas are big with separate livingroom and bedroom.
The bathrooms are huge and have free standing bathtubs and in- and outdoor showers.
Each villa has a private pool in a size that makes it possible to take more than a couple of strokes.
The resort has two restaurants. One in a pavilion with an uninteresting view and one near the ocean with a magnificent view.
The quality of the food is very high, and some of the best we have had in a top end resort.
Dinner for two with a bottle of wine is around 150 USD.
Not the best beach on Zanzibar, but very well kept.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Zanzibar lies within a lush, forested 32-hectare estate where five-star luxuries sit harmoniously alongside nature's untouched beauty. Feel your spirits soar amid extensive tropical gardens that meet with powder-soft white sand lapped by the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Inspired by the island's eclectic cultures, our luxury Zanzibar resort blends modern comforts with Swahili, Omani, British and Indian influences. Indulge in the privacy of the spacious villas, attended on if you wish by your own personal butler. Enjoy carefree days relaxing by your private pool, on the beach, or exploring the gardens on foot or by bicycle. Savour a taste of the Spice Island's unique blend of cultures and cuisines, and the pleasure of sensational spa treatments. Discover more of the island and the waters that surround it in a myriad of activities, from visiting historic sites and rare natural wonders to deep sea fishing and diving with dolphins. Whether you dream of a quiet couple's retreat or fun in the sun for the whole family, embrace all the delights of our island life at The Residence Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Residence Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Zanzibar Hotel Kizimkazi
- The Residence Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kizimkazi