We stayed for ten nights at the Residence in an oceanfront suite. The accommodation was beautiful and the customer service from most of the staff was superb. Unfortunately, there was a party of 12 whose children were allowed to run around the bar and restaurant area, jumping over and on sofas, shouting and having no regard or respect for other guests around them. Each morning they managed to clear a lot of couples from the pool area with their constant yelling and crying. It is very unfortunate this 5 star hotel does not have a separate childrens pool.
We had to be moved from our suite after six days (something we were aware of prior to our holiday) due to a large party arriving who had block booked the oceanfront suites. The move was handled very badly by the Director of the hotel. He was dishonest and told us a bare faced lie. He had informed us of the suite we were to be moved to which we were very happy with as it was an unexpected upgrade. On the morning of our move he said the air conditioning was not working and so the suite was out of use. This was a total fabrication because surprise surprise, half an hour later some other guests were put in it. He decided to upgrade them and not us. Ok, that was his right to do that but we were disgusted by his dishonesty, lack of remorse and his blatant lies. However, the rest of the staff offered top five star service and went out of their way to ensure all guests were looked after beautifully. Unfortunately, their Director let them down badly. We had had such a wonderful five day safari at Ol Seki Hemingways in Kenya prior to our stay at The Residence and unfortunately the latter part of our holiday did not meet our expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Zanzibar lies within a lush, forested 32-hectare estate where five-star luxuries sit harmoniously alongside nature's untouched beauty. Feel your spirits soar amid extensive tropical gardens that meet with powder-soft white sand lapped by the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Inspired by the island's eclectic cultures, our luxury Zanzibar resort blends modern comforts with Swahili, Omani, British and Indian influences. Indulge in the privacy of the spacious villas, attended on if you wish by your own personal butler. Enjoy carefree days relaxing by your private pool, on the beach, or exploring the gardens on foot or by bicycle. Savour a taste of the Spice Island's unique blend of cultures and cuisines, and the pleasure of sensational spa treatments. Discover more of the island and the waters that surround it in a myriad of activities, from visiting historic sites and rare natural wonders to deep sea fishing and diving with dolphins. Whether you dream of a quiet couple's retreat or fun in the sun for the whole family, embrace all the delights of our island life at The Residence Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Residence Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Zanzibar Hotel Kizimkazi
- The Residence Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kizimkazi