At a first glance, karamba seems ideal. Located on a picturesque, rocky coast of Zanzibar. The sunsets are idyllic. The cuisine is nice, so is the fine music selection, which adds to a pleasant common-space ambiance.
At a closer look however, Karamba renders several significant shortcomings that are just impossible to oversee:
- The rooms are not spotless clean;
- The wooden construction (including your bed frame) is constantly being eaten by noisy and let's be honest - very unappetizing - woodworms;
- The mosquito nets have holes in them;
- Drinking water is not provided in the room.
- The staff is nice and friendly but very poorly assigned. As a result, it is difficult to get what one asks for in the restaurant and peculiar cleaning utensils are left behind in peculiar places.
Karamba has disappointed me. If not for the proximity to beautiful ocean safari spots and the astonishing natural surroundings, I would leave with a (more) bitter aftertaste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's located on a quiet beach in the south of the island, far from the crowded tourist areas. Kizimkazi's beaches are unique to Zanzibar not only for the beautiful uninterrupted views of the sun setting over the Indian Ocean, but better still the surrounding waters are also famous as the playground for Zanzibar's dolphins! Our purpose is to offer comfort, hospitable service, good food and friendly ambiance, yoga & ayurvedic massage,among others. Thoughtfully designed to suit every discerning traveler, with good taste, conserving the African and Swahili style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your Karamba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karamba Hotel Kizimkazi
- Karamba Zanzibar Island/Kizimkazi