“Very modern and comfty”

Sunee Grand Hotel
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Ubon Ratchathani
“Very modern and comfty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Currently staying in this hotel - very clean and spacious room.
Located just next to a mall (restaurant, bank and shops). The view is not fantastic (view on parking but we don t care). As I only stay one evening as a stop on a roadtrip, I have no idea if it is close to the city centre.
Free wifi in lobby and rooms - just great !
Breakfast : a mix of Asian and European food (some bread and pastries but not so many) pretty good - especially the soup !
Services is ok, receptionists speak English but not the other staff - they try to help in any case even if they don't understand.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hua Hin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Lazy staff at the reception. Very poor English-knowlege by the staff. The Hotel trys to get money for every normal request (f.e. a little ice was charged with 60 Bath. The room-service picked up my dirty loundry and gave it in the loundry. I did not ask for that.). Old and damaged furniture and technical equipment (TV-WiFi). Never again.

Room Tip: Request renovatet rooms (there are some).
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

If your travels bring you to Ubon Ratchathani, and you don't mind staying in a large hotel, the Sunee Grand is probably the best in town. The rooms are large, modern, and very comfortable, with all the necessary amenities, including free WiFi. The hotel has a gym and outdoor pool, and is connected to a large shopping mail, with plenty of restaurants, shops and a movie theatre. There's even a water park on the rooftop of the mall. In the evenings, there is often live music in the lounge off the lobby. The breakfast buffet is included in most bookings, and has an ample mix mix of western and local foods. Perhaps the only drawback is that there is not much within walking distance of the hotel, as it's probably about a mile from the center of the city.

Room Tip: I spent just slightly more for a deluxe room, and it was well worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I went there on a short notice business trip. This hotel was my walk-in as a result of google search. The room rate was average with some discount due to the nature of my business trip. The room is modern and well equipped as well as spacious. Wifi is fast. The pool as slides are great. Spa and massage service were excellent. There were variety of food to choose from for breakfast.
Hotel manager was very helpful when we asked for special rate for long stay. the location is convenient and the hotel is connected to a mall where goods and grocery can be purchased.
In conclusion, this hotel is gem and even better than some hotel with the same rate in big city.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Must be the top business choice in Ubon. Brand new hotel. Price isn't cheap for this part of the country and for what you get, price/quality is similar to what you would expect in Bangkok. Rooms really nice, yes. Breakfast very good and included which is a big plus. Extremely handy for the shopping mall. You won't know the weather going from your room to the shops and back. Nice upmarket mall too. Free and secure parking. Strange design with not a lot of consideration for the disabled. I am fortunately ambulant, but we have a push chair for our young'un and you could not seem to avoid stairs from the room to reception.

Room Tip: They have a water park on the 4th floor! Very handy for shops.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Graham Hull
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I booked this hotel through an on-line agency. When I arrived at the hotel they had not reserved a room for me and insisted that I pay extra for a larger room. Any decent hotel would have provided a free upgrade.

They also have a bizarre phone system which means that you cannot make calls from your room.

I used to assume that this was the best hotel in Ubon but after trying a few others I have concluded that Sunee Grand is way over priced.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GTH
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I went to have BD dinner with my family at Sunee Grand Hotel on 24th July 2013. There are 6 of us. The food taste good and we had a great time. However, after I come back from dinning at Sunee Grand Hotel (at the lobby), I had running stomach and bad diarrhea all night!!! My mum starts to have diarrhea in the morning around 8am and in the end she finally had to admit at a private hospital in Ubon Ratchathani. She went to toilet during the day around 15times and I went to the toilet over 30times! The doctor said we had bad food infection and my mum had to inject few bottles of saline water. I called the hotel to tell them what has happened. The first call was transferred to a waitress who then transfer my call to the restaurant captain but the captain hang up on my call. Second time, I informed the receptionist manager and she said she will pass this issue to the management board. However, they didnt return my call and no apology from the hotel. I was wondering how the 5star hotel gonna solve this issue so I call them again and ask if they found what might be in the food? However, the hotel manager replied they had a meeting and they deny and refuse their responsibility even I told them we went to see the doctor and the doctor said we had food infection!! They said there were only 2 of us who had diarrhea but not all of us. I told them there are something that others didn't eat such as seafood sauce and every person's stomach sensitivity is different I explain to the hotel manager that my stomach is more sensitive than others because I just come back from overseas. Even that if the hotel cook the food properly and clean we shouldn't be sick. I and my mum didn't had anything before dinner and after dinner we didn't go anywhere else. After I come back home, I start to have bad stomach. I cant work for 2days and had to stay home. I feel really disappointed for the 5star hotel service. We are not only paying the food bill for 3,000baht (around $AU100 which is not cheap in Thailand) but also have to pay almost (12,000baht or $AU400) for the hospital and medication per person!!! The hotel manager only said that they will get back to me but I never receive any call or any apologies. They are careless and irresponsible. I don't recommend any traveller to dine at Sunee grand hotel as you might get sick and probably end up paying those costs like I do.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family