KayaSol Surf Hotel
The Sunset Shack(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$99
US$192
Green Sanctuary Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$58
Nosara B&B Retreat(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$73
Living Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$93
Teak Pacific Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$339
US$318
Orbitz.com
US$242
All reviewskaya solminute walkcosta ricaplaya guionesmini superfront officeon site restaurantmini martthe north endaffordable place to stayhowler monkeysfull kitchenpura vidasmall poolfish tacosrent boardsbunk beds
Reviewed 4 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at Kaya Sol for our honeymoon we couldn't have asked for a better place. The staff was beyond helpful and personable we really felt like part of their family. The food was delicious courtesy of Jorge. We looked forward to socializing with him at dinner every night. Also the beach was maybe a 3 min walk from the hotel. Any excursions we wanted to go on or had questions about Judy was there to answer. We were BEYOND SATISFIED and will be returning for another stay at KayaSol.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HIllary B
Reviewed 12 September 2011

One of the nicer looking hostels I've stayed in, probably because it is a hotel with hostel/dorm-style options. The pool with the waterfall was great if you wanted to get some sand off or just get tired of the beach for whatever reason. Bathrooms were clean except when the sink got clogged one day, but that was fixed quickly. I think it is better for families and people traveling together rather than solo travelers though but it's a great for the price (and there aren't many hostel options in Playa Guiones, especially in the low season).

Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank alda8
Sohan K, Owner at KayaSol Surf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Thank you for your review. Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back again next year!

Reviewed 19 April 2011

The Kaya Sol Hotel was perfect for my stay. I had business in the area for a week and the apartment I rented at Kaya Sol was a great location for some of the meetings I had, I also used the restaurant for group meetings where the hotel and restaurant staff were very accommodating to my needs. I was able to walk to other hotels, restaurants, the internet cafe and other meetings I had during the week with no need for a car. I did get some surfing in and rented a nice surf board from the office there at Kaya Sol.
When vacation time comes I know where I will be staying, Kaya Sol Surf Hotel.
Thanks for the help with my trip, Tom Kane

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I love Kaya sol! I'm going back for a second full month stay in June of this year! We stayed for a month last year and it was so relaxing. Nice to be right by the beach with good waves. We left for a couple weeks last year to go check out another spot in Costa Rica but decided to go right back to Kaya sol because it was so good. This year we will be staying there the whole time. The pool is awesome for chillin out between the morning and afternoon surf sessions. the rooms are clean and have everything that you need. There is a nice restaurant right there with delicious well priced food. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. My favourite part is that it is like a 4 minute walk through the jungle to a beautiful beach with waves. Awesome hotel!!

Room Tip: Room number 10 is where it's at!
  • Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank jenglot

Thanks so much for the raving review! We love all of you Canadians that bring the love down from the great white north. Hope to see more of you either solo or with the Beach Travellers in the future. And yes.....#10 is the most sought after "big group" room. See you next time!

Reviewed 3 April 2011

Room: We had one of their "Studio" rooms which is a private room with private bathroom. The room had a futon, fridge, some shelves, and a ceiling fan (no a/c). There were plenty of windows and the room stayed cool enough with the ceiling fan going though it was quite hot out. Not sure if it was because I was tired or what but I slept really well here.

Bathroom: We had hot water in the shower the first day but for some reason not the rest of the time, not sure why. The trash can for toilet paper didn't have a lid, which made the room smell a little.

Staff: Didn't actually see any aside from checking in and out but didn't need them so I guess that's ok.

location: On the less-busy side of Playa Guiones but close to the beach and a convenience store.

Other: Very nice pool, restaurant seemed nice but we didn't really go there except for a quick drink. The many buildings are nicely spread out with appealing vegetation. The Lonely Planet guidebook said that they had wi-fi but there was not any available while we were there.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple