“Iboga and so much more”

GreenLeadersGold level
NYC
“Iboga and so much more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I went to Costa Rica yoga spa for a few days recently. I went there with a very specific intention to do one ceremony of iboga. I was not an addict of anything but have been burdened by some health challenges after some trauma a few years back. The staff at the spa was extremely warm and welcoming. I had a beautiful iboga experience with a great deal of love and support by the facilitators. I was blown away by the way I felt when I left. After having three years of strange and anxious nervous feelings, my body and my mind feel peaceful.
I highly recommend iboga for everyone as well as I really enjoyed Costa Rica yoga spa, staff and the beautiful facilities. The yoga was tremendous on top of it all!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Beth T
Lane D, Marketing Director at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
We certainly appreciate the review!

After continuous development of our Iboga natural healing treatments, we have solidified an extraordinary and consistently life-changing experience to offer our guests. We take pride in providing this kind of opportunity and thoroughly appreciate and enjoy hearing the incredible aftereffects our treatment has on our visitors. We hold a very safe and secure space for this and will go to any extent to make sure our guests are completely happy, comfortable, and amongst natural bliss.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

The simple pleasure of waking up every day for two weeks in this pristine location was more than what I needed to relax and unwind. Added to this was the fantastic surf and the hospitality of the all the people that work at the retreat. I can't wait to go back and enjoy the food and the people that make the CRYS a truly special place.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank pkemp17
Uvita, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

The main focus for this visit was for the Iboga experience. Was not disappointed. The spa is set in a beautiful setting with killer views cool breezes and awesome sunsets. A warm greeting upon my arrival helped me feel right at home. Attention to detail everywhere you look. The grounds, comfy clean well appointed rooms. Meals are served family style. Fresh organic fruits and veggies. Their chef will take care of any special dietary considerations you may have. Three delicious meals a day are included. I really liked that the staff are so eager to help and answer any questions I had. Way considerate.

The Iboga experience was life changing. From the start I felt cared for but a little nervous. Soon though the fear was gone and the medicine was on it's way. I always felt safe. My intentions were more than met and the Iboga just seemed to know where to go and what to do. Very visual and colorful. Physical healing, mental clarity. A powerful feeling of reconnection with spirit and a renewed connection with self. A beautiful experience.

The Iboga is still with me. Two days later I feel sparkly clean. Glowing from within. Energy over the top. A refreshing reboot for life. Much gratitude to Darin,Ashly, and Sara for their support through out my stay and the Iboga ceremony. Thanks to the entire staff as well, you all are supper. Quite by surprise I was offered an extra night as I was just not up to even a short drive.

Was a little sad to leave.Was asked more than once to stay longer. Felt like family.

Michael Doucette

Room Tip: Every room is a good one. Even the shared rooms looked cozy.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Lane D, Marketing Director at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
We are so glad to provide such a pleasing trip. We strive to create the most amazing time possible for each guest and will accommodate for anything from allergens to surfboard preferences and much more.

We hold a very secure space for our Iboga retreat participants as well. Seeing how these retreats create incredible "life changing" experiences we go through with every effort to make sure each guest is perfectly happy and comfortable. In this case, the outcome is feeling "sparkly clean!"

See our Facebook page for more information on Iboga: Iboga at Costa Rica Yoga Spa.
Nosara
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

I was unsure of what my experience with Iboga and the Costa Rica Yoga Spa would bring.
From the moment I arrived though, I felt I was in a safe envionment for the journey I was about to take. An opening yoga session followed by a massage to prepare your mind and body for what is to come, both provided by Ashley, are great ways to lead you into your Iboga treatment. All amidst a beautiful environment overlooking the treeline while the sun is setting. A wonderful talk with Darren to let you know what to expect and a moment to ask questions you may have about Iboga and what you may encounter, and you are on your way. Darren is very patient and his knowledge and confidence in the healing properties of Iboga are soothing and informative.
I won´t go into my personal trip as everyone has their own intention and personal path to follow. I will say that it is one of the most powerful experiences I have had. I am grateful for the clarity and ease I feel in processing what were some very scattered emotions and the clutter I was feeling in my mind that has begun and continues to clear. It truly is a system restore.
I can´t say enough about the next day of recovery. An outstanding breakfast of Zuchinni pancakes, fresh fruit and juices. Sitting by the pool with that gorgeous view, great music. Chatting with Shena, soaking up and taking in all that you have just gained in the last 12-14hrs. I can´t imagine a better setting for you to ¨land¨ after your trip.
Darren has created something very special that we are lucky he has chosen to share with us. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank michellitanow
Osa Mountain Village, costa rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

The food Is amazing and healthy. A huge selection of fresh and raw cuisine. Breath work, Yoga and more! The programs they offer are life altering! The energy of the jungle, with an amazing ocean view. I highly recommend the place and the people who make it amazing!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Nosara, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I arrived at the Yoga Spa and was immediately impressed with the greeting from Darin and Shena at reception. I went up to do Iboga and was feeling pretty nervous about the whole thing until speaking to them upon which i was quickly put at ease.
I am shown to a frankly beautiful room with a balcony overlooking the ocean. The ensuite was large and modern and the room itself was tastefully decorated. It was apparent that some thought had gone into the design.
Following my check-in we do yoga in an outdoor studio, again overlooking the lush green jungle and ocean. This was fantastic, excellent teacher in an incredible setting.
When the time came to begin the iboga session I felt relaxed and ready. As the session commenced I felt calm and well looked after. I began to realise that this Iboga was an awesome substance indeed.. It felt like my brain was being swept clean as I sank deeper into what can only be described as an intense but fairly enjoyable lucid dream like state.
My reasons for doing Iboga were for a very mild social anxiety I have had for years. Whilst the experience didn't give me too much insight into my past (as mentioned in many other people's reviews), it has made a massive impact on my mind state. As I write this 1 week after finishing the treatment I am noticeably calmer and clearer than before. Both my mind and body feel as though they are functioning at a very optimal level. I read somewhere that somebody had likened the experience to being retuned by a master tuning fork. I would say this is a pretty accurate description of how I feel too.
I left the Yoga Spa feeling rejuvenated and ready to jump back into life mode again. A very pleasant, gentle yet deeply humbling and profound experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank olls50
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I took a yoga teacher training with Ashley Ludman and Rebecca Kovacs and it was an amazing experience! The training and the place exceeded my expectations. Ashley and Rebecca are two of the best yoga instructors I have even seen and I feel very lucky for the opportunity to take this training with them. Costa Rica Yoga Spa is a beautiful place and their staff makes you feel like family. They will do anything to make you feel welcome, comfortable and safe. I am taking wonderful and unforgettable memories with me and hope I come back soon!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo