“Costa Rica Yoga Spa”

Costa Rica Yoga Spa
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Nosara
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa between November 16th-November 23rd, 2014. This is the BEST place I have ever visited. The views are breathtaking, my heart skipped a beat when I turned the corner to look over the jungle and be greeted with such incredible hospitality. You might as well have your own personal chef and drivers. The food is the best that I had while visiting this place. I stayed at Blue Spirit the following week for another yoga retreat. As you will see, both are rated quite well. My personal favourite place to stay of all time, is Costa Rica yoga Spa, boutique style. The staff is amazing, incredible community. Yoga every day in the gorgeous rancho, overlooking the jungle and ocean in the near distance. They even have movie night in the rancho on a big screen. LOVED Taco tuesdays...Surfing if you like first thing in the am, beach trips, whatever you want. I would definitely stay there again and AGAIN.
The rooms are clean, BIG and comfortable. Get ready to hear the monkeys. Amazing!!!!
Great honeymoon spot!!! I am a wedding photographer...this place is picturesque and the perfect retreat for health and amazing living. Thank-you so much, YY, Trunko, Lisa, Sara, Ashley, Jeff, Lane, Eric, Darin, Marveen, Ashley and our fabulous Pilates instructor

Room Tip: ALL Fabulous. ALL. I stayed in the Harmony Suite, sunset view, Beautiful balcony with rocking chai...
1  Thank CEPhotography
Lane D, Marketing Director at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thanks so much! We love hearing this, we will continue doing our absolute best for each individual guest!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

This place is the best! I didn't do a special retreat but just went there to unwind and start my Costa Rica trip in a relaxing way. If you are thinking of visiting the Nosara area, you should definitely stay here.
CRYS has:
- Great food
- The best view
- Very friendly staff
- Clean rooms
- Awesome yoga
- And a lot more nice activities that you can pick from.

I really had a great time here and can't wait to go back one day!

1  Thank Sandra B

Thank you so much! We thoroughly enjoyed hosting and providing an amazing trip for you!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I went to Costa Rica yoga spa for a few days recently. I went there with a very specific intention to do one ceremony of iboga. I was not an addict of anything but have been burdened by some health challenges after some trauma a few years back. The staff at the spa was extremely warm and welcoming. I had a beautiful iboga experience with a great deal of love and support by the facilitators. I was blown away by the way I felt when I left. After having three years of strange and anxious nervous feelings, my body and my mind feel peaceful.
I highly recommend iboga for everyone as well as I really enjoyed Costa Rica yoga spa, staff and the beautiful facilities. The yoga was tremendous on top of it all!

1  Thank Beth T
Lane D, Marketing Director at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

We certainly appreciate the review!

After continuous development of our Iboga natural healing treatments, we have solidified an extraordinary and consistently life-changing experience to offer our guests. We take pride in providing this kind of opportunity and thoroughly appreciate and enjoy hearing the incredible aftereffects our treatment has on our visitors. We hold a very safe and secure space for this and will go to any extent to make sure our guests are completely happy, comfortable, and amongst natural bliss.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

The simple pleasure of waking up every day for two weeks in this pristine location was more than what I needed to relax and unwind. Added to this was the fantastic surf and the hospitality of the all the people that work at the retreat. I can't wait to go back and enjoy the food and the people that make the CRYS a truly special place.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank pkemp17
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The main focus for this visit was for the Iboga experience. Was not disappointed. The spa is set in a beautiful setting with killer views cool breezes and awesome sunsets. A warm greeting upon my arrival helped me feel right at home. Attention to detail everywhere you look. The grounds, comfy clean well appointed rooms. Meals are served family style. Fresh organic fruits and veggies. Their chef will take care of any special dietary considerations you may have. Three delicious meals a day are included. I really liked that the staff are so eager to help and answer any questions I had. Way considerate.

The Iboga experience was life changing. From the start I felt cared for but a little nervous. Soon though the fear was gone and the medicine was on it's way. I always felt safe. My intentions were more than met and the Iboga just seemed to know where to go and what to do. Very visual and colorful. Physical healing, mental clarity. A powerful feeling of reconnection with spirit and a renewed connection with self. A beautiful experience.

The Iboga is still with me. Two days later I feel sparkly clean. Glowing from within. Energy over the top. A refreshing reboot for life. Much gratitude to Darin,Ashly, and Sara for their support through out my stay and the Iboga ceremony. Thanks to the entire staff as well, you all are supper. Quite by surprise I was offered an extra night as I was just not up to even a short drive.

Was a little sad to leave.Was asked more than once to stay longer. Felt like family.

Michael Doucette

Room Tip: Every room is a good one. Even the shared rooms looked cozy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Lane D, Marketing Director at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

We are so glad to provide such a pleasing trip. We strive to create the most amazing time possible for each guest and will accommodate for anything from allergens to surfboard preferences and much more.

We hold a very secure space for our Iboga retreat participants as well. Seeing how these retreats create incredible "life changing" experiences we go through with every effort to make sure each guest is perfectly happy and comfortable. In this case, the outcome is feeling "sparkly clean!"

See our Facebook page for more information on Iboga: Iboga at Costa Rica Yoga Spa.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I was unsure of what my experience with Iboga and the Costa Rica Yoga Spa would bring.
From the moment I arrived though, I felt I was in a safe envionment for the journey I was about to take. An opening yoga session followed by a massage to prepare your mind and body for what is to come, both provided by Ashley, are great ways to lead you into your Iboga treatment. All amidst a beautiful environment overlooking the treeline while the sun is setting. A wonderful talk with Darren to let you know what to expect and a moment to ask questions you may have about Iboga and what you may encounter, and you are on your way. Darren is very patient and his knowledge and confidence in the healing properties of Iboga are soothing and informative.
I won´t go into my personal trip as everyone has their own intention and personal path to follow. I will say that it is one of the most powerful experiences I have had. I am grateful for the clarity and ease I feel in processing what were some very scattered emotions and the clutter I was feeling in my mind that has begun and continues to clear. It truly is a system restore.
I can´t say enough about the next day of recovery. An outstanding breakfast of Zuchinni pancakes, fresh fruit and juices. Sitting by the pool with that gorgeous view, great music. Chatting with Shena, soaking up and taking in all that you have just gained in the last 12-14hrs. I can´t imagine a better setting for you to ¨land¨ after your trip.
Darren has created something very special that we are lucky he has chosen to share with us. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank michellitanow
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The food Is amazing and healthy. A huge selection of fresh and raw cuisine. Breath work, Yoga and more! The programs they offer are life altering! The energy of the jungle, with an amazing ocean view. I highly recommend the place and the people who make it amazing!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple