“Amazing Retreat”

GreenLeadersGold level
Huntington Beach, California
“Amazing Retreat”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

All the staff made us feel like family with great friendly service. Excellent organic meals and great energy coming from this place. Rooms are clean, well designed with high ceilings and air-con in the suites. Close to the beaches also. Amazing yoga room with nice sea breezes and spectacular views.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Lane D, Marketing Director at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for your review! We employ our familial style of accompanying our guests so that they may feel as comfortable as possible during their stay. From our excitement as a staff to meet new people to our family style meals three times a day, we wish for each and every guest to have a very warm and welcoming overall experience with us. Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Wow!! I hosted a week long New Year's Eve retreat at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa and I am blown away by every part of our experience. The staff, food, excursions, spa treatments, yoga space, and accommodations were fantastic. Sarah and YY made it an unforgettable experience for us, Ashley and the office staff were a huge help, and everyone on site (Jeff, Sky, Chica, Vero, Darren etc...) made it the most memorable retreat experience of my life. I was impressed with the ease of airport transfers, excursions, meals, and overall planning despite having a large group - everything was seamless. Rooms were clean, water was fresh, yoga space was outstanding, and the food was out of this world. Overall, an amazing experience. If you are a yoga teacher, this is a MUST for your next retreat or training.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Lane D, Marketing Director at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
We are so glad to hear that this was the most memorable retreat of your life! We work day in, day out to make sure everything carries on with fluidity and efficiency. From our food preparation and service, to housekeeping and cleanliness, to rides to and from the airport/town and much more, we strive to meet the wants and needs of each and every guest. Thank you for your review!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Just finished co-leading a sold out new year's eve yoga retreat here and just wanted to share that it was an incredible experience. This place is excellent all around...rooms, staff (darren, wi-wi, sarah, vera, trunco very special*), excursions (surfing, waterfall tour, stand up paddle board etc...etc...), food...you name it!!

Having been fortunate to lead and practice in yoga spaces worldwide they have one of the best yoga spaces in the world that panoramically over looks the beautiful costa rican jungle and ocean.

All our students commented that this was a life changing trip and large part of that has to do with the staff and facilities of Cosa Rica Yoga Spa.

The only issue is that they max out at about 26 guests and once the word gets out they better build some more rooms fast...we will back for sure!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
It is always so pleasing to get such positive feedback from our guests, especially retreat leaders. This was an amazing retreat filled with truly incredible people. We thoroughly enjoyed every moment with you guys and cannot wait to have you here again!

We are ecstatic to hear the feedback on our yoga pavilion. The vision for our creation was and is aimed directly at being "one of the best yoga spaces in the world."

As for the number of people we accommodate, yes, we are currently sitting around 26 people for our occupancy. However, we will begin building our villas and casitas soon on the land just across a suspension bridge from our yoga pavilion. These will be timeshares or shared ownerships. We will house the overflow of guests in these luxury condos which will also be located in quiet, pristine jungle.
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

sacred location, wonderful views and people, great food, clean brand new rooms. Try the breathwork and energy healing by Ash and the Thai Massage by MJ! looking forward to my iboga experience next time I visit!

Room Tip: all rooms are great -even the shared rooms are great as there are plently of shower and WC facilitie...
1 Thank MariaRig
Thank you so much for the review! We are very happy to provide this space for people to relax and recharge and enjoy the multitude of options such as the Thai massage, breath and body work, and various spa services etc. Our Iboga retreat is very personalized and caters specifically to each person partaking. This spiritual healing journey is something we cannot wait to create for you!
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 December 2013

A perfect place for a retreat. Gorgeous views. Gorgeous property. Clean and kept up daily. AMAZING local organic food cooked by local women. Sweet little spots to sneak away to, like over the swinging bridge. Incredibly sweet helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tamreh1
Lane D, Marketing Director at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for a great review! We love sharing our facilities with all of our guests and most of all, enjoy hearing that they loved everything as well.
Mont Tremblant, Canada
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The warm welcome started with Freddy who picked me up at the airport and offered me cool water and a welcoming fruit platter. Costa Rica Yoga Spa is a delightful spot for a yoga retreat and I look forward to sharing it with my students in 2014. I felt deeply nurtured and nourished by the staff at Costa Rica Yoga Spa. All meals are shared in family style fashion and the setting lends itself to a deep sense of connection to others and nature. The teachers, Ashley, Sara and Vero are awesome and combine body treatments and pressure point releases within the yoga and pilates sessions. The rooms were super comfortable, spacious, clean and each has a different name. My room was" compassion" and my intention was to bring more compassion into my yoga practice. The food was fresh, tasty and refreshing. Most mornings we started with freshly picked coconut water, pineapples, papayas and watermelon followed by authentic and delicious Costa Rican breakfasts.

The staff was welcoming and I felt as though I was visiting my close family. Jill, one of the owners spoke to me of "guayabana" over lunch one day - it is a fruit which is recommended for those who have cancer. I had never heard of it, but the next day she purchased it for me and served it.
We had daily day trips to different beaches and tourist spots. San Juanillo, was a tranquil beach for just our group group.
Sunset yoga in the ranchero was a breathtaking experience.
My spa body treatment were made of foods such as coconut, banana, papaya. My body actually ate better than most people do.
Some of the extras are acupuncture, thai massage, body wraps, pedicures, manicures and facials- all exceptionally great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Angiyogabloom
We were so happy to have you here as one of our first guests of the season! Our extraordinarily fresh and organic fruit is definitely one of our most common traits that allows our guests to not only taste the difference of quality, but also feel it.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa between November 16th-November 23rd, 2014. This is the BEST place I have ever visited. The views are breathtaking, my heart skipped a beat when I turned the corner to look over the jungle and be greeted with such incredible hospitality. You might as well have your own personal chef and drivers. The food is the best that I had while visiting this place. I stayed at Blue Spirit the following week for another yoga retreat. As you will see, both are rated quite well. My personal favourite place to stay of all time, is Costa Rica yoga Spa, boutique style. The staff is amazing, incredible community. Yoga every day in the gorgeous rancho, overlooking the jungle and ocean in the near distance. They even have movie night in the rancho on a big screen. LOVED Taco tuesdays...Surfing if you like first thing in the am, beach trips, whatever you want. I would definitely stay there again and AGAIN.
The rooms are clean, BIG and comfortable. Get ready to hear the monkeys. Amazing!!!!
Great honeymoon spot!!! I am a wedding photographer...this place is picturesque and the perfect retreat for health and amazing living. Thank-you so much, YY, Trunko, Lisa, Sara, Ashley, Jeff, Lane, Eric, Darin, Marveen, Ashley and our fabulous Pilates instructor

Room Tip: ALL Fabulous. ALL. I stayed in the Harmony Suite, sunset view, Beautiful balcony with rocking chai...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CEPhotography
Lane D, Marketing Director at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thanks so much! We love hearing this, we will continue doing our absolute best for each individual guest!