“Dreamy, blissful, a slice of heaven....”

Costa Rica Yoga Spa
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Nosara
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Words cannot adequately express my experience at Costa Rica Yoga Spa. The landscape of the lush jungle greenery and views onto the setting sun from the Yoga rancho are breathtaking. I'm not sure that breathtaking is an appropriate word to use for a Yoga retreat center where deep breathing is so encouraged, but the beauty here does take your breath away. Then, there are the people, the food that is cooked by amazing vegan chefs, the sounds of nature, the activities, the Yoga, the rooms, the views, etc. etc. etc. I felt like I was visiting my favorite aunt, uncle and cousin (Jill, Ben and Darin) because of their warm and welcoming personalities. Jill goes out of her way to take care of her guests by making sure we are all very well fed. Then, she chauffeurs everyone around town; to their activities (I went horseback riding and kayaking) to the daily beach outing, to the airport, anywhere you need to go. The staff were lovely and similar to another reviewer, I too, feel like I made friends with several of CRYS' employees.
When I read the reviews of CRYS over a year ago, I was determined to visit Costa Rica and this retreat center. I am so glad I did! The experience, people and time there far exceeded my expectations and I look forward to my next visit at Costa Rica Yoga Spa!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Wisdom room which was very spacious for one person. A perfect room for two girlfrie...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Love the title of this review... You can use any words you like! Our location was carefully picked out a long time ago as the owner has lived here for over 25 years. We are situated on a small riviera overlooking the jungle canopy, the diverse coastline and beaches, as well as the seemingly endless Pacific Ocean. As staff and owners we will always be happy to help people do pretty much anything they would like and always have the means to provide rides to and from. Our activity list is rather extensive so you have quite a bit to choose from. We can't wait to see you guys again!

There are newer reviews for Costa Rica Yoga Spa

Reviewed 23 May 2014

It was by random chance I connected with CRYS on trip advisor. I was searching for a spot that I could travel solo to find release and relaxation from my fast paced, high stress lifestyle in Chicago. After speaking with Darin- I knew CRYS was where I needed to be. I visited CRYS between retreats, which worked to my advantage- because there was a lot of down time. The staff went above and beyond to ensure my stay was just what I needed. The food was absolutely amazing, and the family style meals were perfect. I rarely felt like a 'guest' because the staff was always around and so friendly. The highlight of my stay was definitely when the staff surprised me with a birthday celebration and gourmet cake- I cannot express in words how special it felt to be 'home' at a hotel in CR with staff who had become my friends after 14 days. Ben and Jill are the absolute best and I cannot wait until we meet again in the states. Special thanks to Katie, Chris, Darin, and Sarah for offering far more than traditional hotel accommodations. My trip would not be the same without these special people and I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nicole D

Thank you so much for your review! We have accommodated countless people and provided our space as an escape from similar "high stress lifestyles." Here at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa you can really take any route you would like and we will fully support it. If you want peace and quiet with plenty of relaxation and all natural spa services, we can certainly provide that. If you are feeling much more adventurous and want to go surfing in the mornings, or zip lining, or paddle boarding, or kayaking, or horseback riding, or explore waterfalls, we can definitely make any of that happen and much more! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I can't say enough about this place. From start to finish, the hotel exceeded my expectations. They arranged a shared shuttle (Gypsy Cab) from the airport which was on time, had friendly staff and a safe driver. Upon arrival at Costa Rica Yoga Spa (CRYS) I was warmly welcomed by a team on lovely staff members of whom I now consider to be my personal friends. The owner of the hotel is an amazing man with worlds of information and is a pleasure to chat with. He has selected a team of helpful, knowledgable and genuine people to work with him including his wonderful parents. I was well taken care of by all and was extremely comfortable in the family environment of the hotel. Each meal was delicious and healthy. Our daily yoga class was conducted by a very good instructor and had the most beautiful view including the sunset at the end of the class. We were taken to some local beaches and restaurants with were also nice. The hotel was clean and beautiful, staff was very helpful, I always felt safe and never felt lonely. I would highly recommend this hotel and am so pleased with my experience that I now intend to visit CRYS once a year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Trips876
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

We love hearing that the hotel has exceeded your expectations. Yet again, what an amazing review! When arriving to Costa Rica via the Liberia international airport we can send a shuttle for your pickup (called the Gypsy Cab). This shuttle will bring you right to the Costa Rica Yoga Spa. We will always provide a very warm welcome and have always done so with each of our guests in the past. We are also very happy with our staff and so far, all of our guests have been too! Local beaches and restaurants are always incorporated into our guests' vacations with us. It is amazing to hear that you wish to visit us once a year!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I went to the Costa Rica Yoga Spa seeking retreat and personal insight. What I received is hands down the most transformative and profound experience of my life. Between the space provided by the staff, the energy of the land and its inhabitants, and the activities available one can literally find anything one is seeking. I cannot underscore the amount of love, kindness, and generosity from the staff and locals. The food is amazing and the cleanest I've ever eaten (mainly local, organic and vegetarian cuisine). You can partake in daily Yoga classes on the property, visit the local beaches for surfing/swimming, go zip lining, horseback riding on the beach, visit the local super foods shop as well as myriad other activities. Just spending the day at the spa by the pool and enjoying the luxurious landscape is fulfilling in itself. I took part in two Iboga ceremonies, which provided more powerful personal and spiritual teachings than I could've ever previously fathomed. Whether you're looking for a relaxing vacation, a spot a short ride from the local beach, a spiritual journey through an Iboga ceremony, or a little bit of everything, I highly recommend you check out the Costa Rica Yoga Spa. Give them a call and ask about the amazing experience they have to offer.

• Stayed: May 2014

We are very happy to hear about transformations such as this one. Between our staff and our facilities we truly create endless potential for anything you may be seeking. From the utmost relaxation and grounding to life changing transformations such as in this instance, we are here to provide you with everything you may need to achieve your goals.

Our staff truly is loving, kind, and generous while being incredibly attentive to each guests' needs and or desires. We have our daily yoga classes along with an extensive list of possibilities for activities and or spa treatments. We also have a daily trip to the beach which is entirely optional.

Our other offerings such as the ceremony mentioned at the end of the review are readily available as well. You can find any information you may need by calling us or visiting our website.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was my second time at Costa Rica Yoga Spa (CRYS), and I fell more in love with the property, the staff, and Nosara than I did the first trip. What I love most about CRYS is the way the staff takes you in like family and makes sure every part of your stay is handled and you have nothing to worry about except relaxing.
They have great relationships with other local businesses to ensure everything is handled well. Gypsy Cab Co. met me at the airport and it was easy-breezy from start to finish. Upon arrival at CRYS, Disha (their superfoods guru who's on staff) met me with a refreshing smoothie while showing me to my room. This trip I shared a quad with other guests, and it was as comfortable as the private room I had before. The room is clean, beautifully designed and super comfortable with an amazing view of the jungle and ocean. The kitchen staff is a group of talented women who cook local, organic exceptionally delicious meals that have you going back for seconds. Everyone from the owners to the office staff to the groundskeepers are kind and inclusive making it a perfect destination for anyone traveling alone. Not having a car is not a problem as you can hire a tuk-tuk for about $8 to get you to town or the beach. If you're a yoga lover, daily practice in the open-air pavilion is an amazing experience...especially at sunset.
I'd honestly be hard-pressed to find something negative to say about CRYS and am already planning my trip back next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Each guest that comes to the Costa Rica Yoga Spa is certainly well looked after. Our entire staff is notified before your arrival of certain requests such as dietary needs etc. The owner of the Costa Rica Yoga Spa has lived here in the Nosara and Guiones areas for more than 25 years so we are very much acquainted with the other hotels and local businesses. Gypsy cab is your own private shuttle that we can send out to pick you up if you fly into Liberia airport.

We are happy to have more proof that our guests are enjoying our quad shared rooms just like they have enjoyed our private suites; we are very proud of both room styles. The tuk-tuks mentioned in this review are little three-wheeled "taxis" which you can hire to get around. However, we almost always drive our guests everywhere, even if they wish to go somewhere outside of a scheduled activity or outing.

We are very happy to see reviews like this! Our hard work really pays off when guests such as the writer of this review truly enjoy every moment they spend here and are "hard-pressed to find something negative to say about [us]."

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Ever dreamt of a haven where high end luxury marries the warmth of a homestay? For me, the Costa Rica Yoga Spa is that haven. Everyone in this little piece of heaven is gifted. With effortless charm and generosity, all staff work ceaselessly to cocoon every guest in love. The facilities are looked after lovingly everyday. Every meal is infused with careful planning for optimum wellness and maximum flavour. As a female solo traveller, safety is paramount for me. I never had to lock my doors or worry about leaving valuables around. Besides healing through the amazing iboga and reconnecting with self and nature, the guests spent most of the time marvelling how wonderful everything is. If you want to experience unparallelled peace and rejuvenation, you must make your next journey to this magical place. I promise you after your extraordinary journey with Darin and his wonderful family of staff, you will experience the pride I have in the spa because it will become one of the most beautiful highlights in your tapestry of life. My love and gratitude to my fellow travellers and everyone at the spa. Pura vida!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Lane D, Operations Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Just to start off I have to express my admiration for the wording used in this well articulated review! This review is not only beautifully detailed but is also a perfectly accurate depiction of our staff, space, and everything else which we have to offer. Our facilities are incredibly safe and well looked after even without the threat of theft. We offer our most welcoming accommodations from our eclectic, eager to please staff members, to our incredible location and facilities nestled in Costa Rica's natural world. Each and every one of our guests receives our utmost dedication to ensuring they have awe-inspiring experiences like this one, which will remain with them throughout the rest of their lives.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The views were impressive. Delicious healthy yogi food. Nice place to practice, beautiful yoga temple. Shared accommodations were comfortable. Clean bathrooms and nice comfy hammocks. Pool is good to cool off. Owners were priceless individuals. We did zip line, beach trip, and night out at La Luna. All in all I had a pleasant time.

• Stayed: April 2014