“I will be going back here!!!”

Costa Rica Yoga Spa
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Nosara
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I went to Costa Rica Yoga Spa on a Yoga retreat. The grounds are perfectly manicured. The rooms and shower area was well maintained. The people on staff were absolute delights while constantly tending to any of our needs. Everyone (Staff) there seems to always have a smile on their faces and made me feel like family. The food was AMAZING. While I was there, they only served Vegetarian / Vegan dishes. Although it was my first time on a completely Vegetarian diet I did not miss eating meat AT ALL. I HIGHLY recommend this magical place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nestor M
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

We are very happy to hear you want to come back and cannot wait to host for you again! Our maintenance staff, also a part of our extended family at the Yoga Spa, is a group of the friendliest guys possible (plus they can help you with your Spanish). These guys keep our grounds immaculate on a day to day basis so that we can create some of the best memories possible for all of our guests.

Our food is also something we are ultimately proud of as it always pleases! We have never had ANY complaints about our food and can ALWAYS accommodate to food preferences or necessities such as allergens etc. Come visit us!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This place is really special! It's tucked away and remote so that you receive the most relaxing vacation you can imagine. The staff are incredible and the owners take a lot of pride in their establishment. I loved the 'home' grown food from the garden and the healthy (yet tasty) food. I love sunsets - you watch the sunset each day after evening yoga. It's beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mogulbee

Thank you for your review! Even though the Yoga Spa is relatively new, only open for about the last four years, the land that it rests on was chosen long before that. It is an absolutely ideal location that one of the owners selected after having lived in this area of Costa Rica for over two and a half decades. We are quietly nestled into a mountainside with our own jungle riviera which boasts incredible views.

We are consistently expanding our garden/food production to one day be fully sustainable. As this person has mentioned the sunsets are gorgeous here; each day you have the opportunity to witness this daily spectacle of nature.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I went to Costa Rica for a few days as part of a big life change. I was looking to get away, relax, reflect, do some yoga, immerse myself in nature and have some much needed fun. The Costa Rica Yoga Spa exceeded every expectation. From the moment I arrived I felt as if I was being greeted by family. I never expected to find a friend and support system in every single staff member I had the pleasure of meeting. My days at the spa were full of fun day trips to the beach, amazing food, SPECTACULAR views, amazing yoga and spa treatments (you cannot miss MJ's Thai yoga massage and the very famous facial/pedi-cure combo--best spa treatments I've had in my entire life--and I mean that). I have recommended the spa to every friend and family member. Can't wait to go back as soon as I get another chance. So many more things left to do. This will be one of the best experiences of your life.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Such an amazing review, thanks so much! We are very happy to have provided an incredible experience for you and exceeded your expectations. We have a very familial and supportive mentality and way of life down here as a staff. We always welcome everyone with warm greetings, a cold beverage, and the will to please. The writer has provided awesome suggestions for what to do here as well. We have a wide variety of spa treatments available throughout your stay with us. Can't wait to have her back!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I came to Costa Rica Yoga Spa on a yoga retreat. The food was amazing, the people were lovely, and the property is gorgeous. It was a heavenly experience from start to finish. I highly recommend staying here during your visit to Nosara... you won't regret it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for the review. Even though it is rainy season down here it has been sunny almost everyday as the storms are usually in the evenings. Every bit of landscape here is super lush and vivid green creating even more captivating of views as you gaze off towards the ocean. Come visit us!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Costa Rica Yoga Spa is a Magical paradise. To experience the hill top yoga deck in the high steep grass roof style with sunset view is worth the journey there just in itself. The energy of this place is ancient , benevolent and healing.
The food was prepared with much love and attention to flavor and health. Every meal was absolutly delicious.
The staff were friendly, attentive,
and helpful.
Rooms comfortable and clean.
I highly recommend Costa Rica Yoga Spa !

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Shenla
Lane D, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for the review! Our Yoga pavilion is definitely a captivating sight. It is nestled into a jungle riviera which overlooks vast and untouched jungle along with the outstretching Pacific Ocean. "The energy of this place is ancient, benevolent, and healing." I cannot stress enough how true this is but also how much we love hearing that this is experienced by others. Our food never fails to impress and please each of our guests, que bueno!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa! Such a beautiful place with an amazing energy. The staff was extremely hospitable and the food was out of this world. Add to that surf lessons, watching the sea turtles lay their eggs on the beach, hiking in the jungle, hanging out in the pool, yoga at the rancho overlooking an amazing sunset and making new friends. We had a wonderful time and it was so hard to leave this paradise. I would recommend it to anyone and I cannot wait to return. Advice : Wear lots of sunblock!!!

Room Tip: If you're wanting to save money or traveling with a group I recommend sharing a quad which sleep...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nathan H

We are very happy to hear you guys had a wonderful time here. Our food is always loved and mentioned when people either write their reviews or think back on their time with us; it's great to continue seeing that happen. Our activities list, like our spa treatment list, is very extensive and consists of a multitude of options that will fit your needs and or desires.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

It is always a treat to spend time at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa, yet I have to stay this last visit was spectacular in so many ways. The food has gotten even better and is all organic, the staff so kind and helpful, and the new yoga/dance deck feels like butter under my feet. If you are looking for a sweet quiet spot to stay for a few nights or a place to hold a retreat The Costa Rica Yoga Spa is the spot!

Room Tip: The Suite closest to the rancho is my favorite room in Nosara!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Amber R

Thanks for writing this response, we can't wait to have you back again. Our food is indeed entirely organic and is so incredibly good for you, you feel the difference almost immediately. We completed our new floor in our Yoga pavilion commonly known as the Yoga Rancho as it is now better than ever.